GA - Ahmaud Arbery, 25, jogger, fatally shot by former PD and son, Brunswick, Feb 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Travis obviously could not physically catch Arbery so he was using the shotgun to make him submit. That's false imprisonment.
They saw no felony crime or criminal trespass, nor did who ever alerted them, Perez or Albienez.

The thread had to be cleaned up a lot this evening. To all who participated in the kerfuffle, you may want to keep the following in mind to avoid losing posting privileges.

When one member starts with insults, do NOT respond. Use the Report feature to let us know there is an issue and wait for us to review it and take appropriate action. When others respond, instead of 3 or 4 offending posts, we end up having to search through perhaps 10 or more pages to find another 20 or 30 responses that have to be removed. This just makes cleanup so much more difficult for Mods and Admins. We don't like that :)

You really believe that an unarmed man veered right so he could surprise Travis? Not that he may have been trying desperately to avoid a man standing in the road with a shotgun?

You've never gone in a neighbourhood where you don't live? Seriously?

Imo, If he wanted to avoid him, he wouldn't have turned right into him on purpose.

And, no, I've never "jogged" in a neighborhood miles away from where I live, much less enter an empty home under-construction home there on multiple occasions. If I saw someone doing that in my neighborhood, it would be a giant red flag. I'd be very concerned, and I'd likely discuss it with other neighbors and call the police. That's not normal behavior. jmo

Last edited:
A brief skirmish ensues in which it appear Arbery strikes McMichael and appears to grab the shotgun and pull it from McMichael The first shot is through Arbery s right
hand palm which is consistent with him grabbing and pulling the shotgun at the barrel tip , the 2nd and 3rd wounds are consistent with the struggle for the shotgun as depicted in the video , the angle of the 2nd shot with the rear of the buttstock being pushed away and down from the fight are also consistent with the upward angle of blood plume shown in the video and that McMichael was attempting to push the gun away from Arbery while Arbery was pulling it toward himself. The 3rd shot too appears to be in a struggle over the gun . The angle of the shots and the video show this was from the beginning or almost immediately became-- a fight over the shotgun . Given the fact Arbery initiated the fight, at the point Arbery grabbed the shotgun, under Georgia Law , McMichael was allowed to use deadly force to protect himself. Just as importantly, while we know McMichael had his finger on the trigger, we do not know
who caused the firings. Arbery would only had to pull the shotgun approximately 1/ 16th to 1/ 8th of one inch to fire weapon himself and in the height of an altercation this is entirely
possible.[/QUOTE]
"ATLANTA — An autopsy report released Tuesday showed that Ahmaud Arbery, the 25-year-old unarmed African-American man pursued by two white men and fatally shot in Glynn County, Ga., in February, was shot twice in the chest and had a third wound on a wrist."
BBM
Autopsy Shows Ahmaud Arbery Was Shot Twice in the Chest

Last edited:
Travis' house 230 Satillo is four houses south of 220 Satillo, English's house. Its 450 ft of separation.

GM needed someone to tell him that there was trespassing.
That's correct, we had all discussed this previously.

He had walked into someone’s unfinished house, then spent 4 minutes and 16 seconds in that house and then came out running at full speed when a car drove by. Prior to entering that house he was seen WALKING down the street towards that house. He lived a minimum of 11.2 miles away as evidenced by his zip code in the police report (31525) and the address of the house he went in (220 Satilla Dr, Brunswick, GA 31523). The border between the area codes is GA-25 spur. The 11.2 miles is calculated from the address to the nearest point of the GA-25 spur.

From the 31525 area code there are only two ways to go over the large East River to the address. Either I-95 or GA-303.Either an expressway or a major road

I don't buy the jogging story one bit. A neighbor called the police minutes before the shooting saying he was suspicious of Arbery’s “saggy pants,” according to a report. According to the Daily Mail when he was asked why he was suspicious, he told Mail: “He wasn’t out for a jog, put it like that … You don’t go jogging wearing saggy pants, saggy shorts.” This person also stated “I saw the fella earlier before it happened, and I called the police probably about 10 minutes before it happened,” the man told the outlet. “I didn’t call 911, I called the non-emergency number.

A minimum round trip distance is 22.4 miles, ran in the afternoon, wearing cargo shorts, in a residential area where you don't live in.

You do know that Arbery's family has the same lawyer that Martin's family and Brown's family had don't you? Ben Crump. The lawyer that hires P.R. firms to promote his lies in major media. Crump actually stooped low enough to bring in a fake witness on the Martin case. He should be disbarred.
Nothing I have viewed shows AA having baggy shorts. His shirt was untucked and came down over his shorts.

I am in shock reading this thread. We have the two people being charged with the crime labeled as a victim! Websleuths has a long reputation for no victim blaming. I guess when it comes into two white men running down an unarmed black man it changes. The owner of the home states nothing was stolen. Three people chased an unarmed man down, one was standing in the back of a truck holding a rifle. Ok this is illegal. At this point they are wrong. If three men are chasing you for no reason do you stop? Heck no! You are in fear of your life. He was shot three times!! This thread is blaming AA. Wow just wow I have never seen this happen here.

I am in shock reading this thread. We have the two people being charged with the crime labeled as a victim! Websleuths has a long reputation for no victim blaming. I guess when it comes into two white men running down an unarmed black man it changes. The owner of the home states nothing was stolen. Three people chased an unarmed man down, one was standing in the back of a truck holding a rifle. Ok this is illegal. At this point they are wrong. If three men are chasing you for no reason do you stop? Heck no! You are in fear of your life. He was shot three times!! This thread is blaming AA. Wow just wow I have never seen this happen here.
Just one point, the man in the truckbed had a handgun.

The video made by William Bryan clearly shows the shooting in real-time. From said video it appears Ahmaud Arbery was running along the right side of the McMichael truck then abruptly turns 90 degrees to the left and attacks Travis McMichael who was standing at the front left corner of the truck . A brief skirmish ensues in which it appear Arbery strikes McMichael and appears to grab the shotgun and pull it from McMichael The shot is through Arbery s right hand palm which is consistent with him grabbing and pulling the shotgun at the barrel tip , the 2nd and 3rd wounds are consistent with the struggle for the shotgun as depicted in the video , the angle of the 2nd shot with the rear of the butt-stock being pushed away and down from the fight are also consistent with the upward angle of blood plume shown in the video and that McMichael was attempting to push the gun away from Arbery while Arbery was pulling it toward himself.

The 3rd shot too appears to be in a struggle over the gun . The angle of the shots and the video show this was from the beginning or almost immediately became-- a fight over the shotgun .

Given the fact Arbery initiated the fight, at the point Arbery grabbed the shotgun, under Georgia Law , McMichael was allowed to use deadly force to protect himself.

Just as importantly, while we know McMichael had his finger on the trigger, we do not know who caused the firings. Arbery would only had to pull the shotgun approximately 1/ 16th to 1/ 8th of one inch to fire weapon himself and in the height of an altercation this is entirely possible . Arbery s mental health records & prior convictions help explain his apparent aggressive nature and his possible thought pattern to attack an armed man .

OCGA 16 - 3- 21

Use of Force in Defense, once confronted with a deadly force situation an individual is allowed to use deadly force to defend themselves or others

OCGA 16 - 3- 23 . 1

Georgia' s No Duty to Retreat Law , an individual is not required to back away from or submit to an attack.

OCGA 16 - 3- 24 .2

A person properly and legally defending themselves is immune from prosecution

Do you have a link to his mental health records? Looks like all you did was copy/ paste from DA Barnhill's letter to the police department.

On court tv they were discussing the other times Aubrey entered the house and he never took anything and they think he was stopping to get a drink of water because that is the only thing that worked at the house and he went in and came out running on the other videos they showed

Georgia actually does not require much in the way of keeping track of firearms, specifically because their lawmakers have felt that being required to keep serial numbers other than at original point of sale is a kind of de facto registration. Travis was in the Georgia norm regarding his gun ownership and, and obviously better than his father.
But given that, why even bother to report the handgun stolen?

I get that he was good with the law there.

To me, it's a case of "just because you can, doesn't mean you should".

As in, just because you don't have to record and keep track of your serial number, doesn't mean you shouldn't. It's just the responsible thing to do. So is locking my door when I'm not at home, but the law doesn't require that either. Simple things really.

And, I'm still not convinced a gun actually was stolen.

Last edited:
On court tv they were discussing the other times Aubrey entered the house and he never took anything and they think he was stopping to get a drink of water because that is the only thing that worked at the house and he went in and came out running on the other videos they showed

The home owner even stated during an interview that Aubrey headed towards the water supply during the time he was off-screen … and you can hear the water running.

Interesting that the McM's didn't feel the need to chase down and box in any of the many other trespassers who were recorded to even question them or to make a citizens arrest … let alone shoot and kill them. I have a feeling that factoid is going to count for a whole lot as this moves through the system. As it should.

The victim is the person AA attacked and tried to grab a gun from.
Arbery is the victim here. It took the GBI less than two days to find more than enough probable cause to charge both men with murder.

The victim was being pursued by three men in two vehicles who were prepared to use deadly force. They had already attempted to block and corner him. He had someone in front of him and behind him. Trevor admitted he had his finger on the trigger. His father was standing and waiting in the bed of the truck holding a gun. Arbery attempted to disarm TM. He had every right to defend himself.

I have yet to see any evidence that he was a "burglary suspect," as the perpetrators claim.

Trespassing is a minor offense and even if they had seen him in the house under construction it does not justify a citizens arrest with the use of deadly force.

Imo

Last edited:
Arbery passed on the right of the truck, crossed in front of the truck to his his left and attacked. Sound in this clip and it shows not shot fired until the attack happened. Second and third shots are justified after that especially since the boxer Arbery continued attack and chasing the victim around. Take a good look at it:

Can you see through the truck? What "attack"? It shows no such thing.

Really? That's not what I'm seeing. I'm seeing a young black man who's been chased up the street by two white men following him in a truck in Georgia. One man is armed and in the back of the truck. The truck manages to get ahead of him, yet he continues running up the street. The truck stops, still with the armed man in the back of the truck. The driver of said truck gets out and has a gun. Aubrey runs past the truck on the right hand side and as he gets to the front of the truck, that armed driver has also moved in front of the truck … a shot rings out and the two then become visible again to the driver's side of the truck. Aubrey seems as if he has reached for the barrel of said weapon. Self-defense on Aubrey's part! I sure as heck would have grabbed for the barrel of a gun pointed at me for absolutely no reason in an attempt to gets it's aim somewhere else. What I see is a young black man who was rightfully in fear for his life. Aubrey had the right to stand his ground ... he had comitted no felony. I hear no words like "Stop, we're making a citizen's arrest". Nada. And, a young black man lies dead on the road.

Just two white men who've selected only one of many people seen on security footage to chase down, box in while armed, and a young black man attempt to grab the barrel of a gun pointed needlessly, and lethally, at him.

I hope they rot.

I can’t believe what I’m reading here, AA is the victim of this crime. You don’t detain someone you suspect of committing a crime by chasing them down and pointing guns at them. They are not LE, for all AA knew at that time these 2 crazy dudes have chased him in a truck brandishing weapons. Poor lad must have been scared out his mind wondering what the hell was happening! He was hunted down like prey and murdered in broad daylight by the Mcmichaels. They had no right. An ex officer is an EX officer. He’s not high and mighty anymore and probably missed the thrill of the chase. MOO

Sure! Here is the exact moment showing our friend AA;s feet turn left when he reaches the front of the truck in order to attack TM.

https://i.imgur.com/P35D0hZ.jpg
That exact moment shows me that AA did not believe the occupants of the vehicles were going to shoot. By that time there had already been ample opportunity to fire a shot and AA could surely see GM in the back of the truck on the phone. He knew they weren’t “hunting” him, he wasn’t dodging bullets and running for his life - he was running to avoid being detained. The decision to charge at the man holding a shotgun was not his only option, it was in fact his worst available option and a very, very bad decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pecosita13