Found Deceased GA - Aimee Lafakis, 48, Brookhaven, 29 Sep 2023 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
aimeelafakis-1.jpg

Police in an Atlanta suburb issued a “critical missing” notice Saturday for 48-year-old Aimee Lafakis, who hasn’t been heard from since early Friday morning.

Brookhaven Police said that family members reported Lafakis missing on Friday after having no contact with her since about 2 a.m., WXIA reported.

Police said they had made an arrest in the course of the investigation but it was “not directly related to the disappearance of Aimee.” They also said they’ve interviewed several family members and other people close to the missing woman.

There’s been no communication, that’s completely out of character for her," said Stephen Lafakis, her ex-husband.

"When I was texting with her, about 2 a.m. Friday morning, she was home and in bed," he said. "That was kind of the last time anybody knew she was here."

"It’s not like her to not communicate with me every day, and her daughter and her close friends and things," Stephen told FOX 5. "So, the concern is maybe she’s hurt. Maybe she’s in a hospital somewhere."

Investigators spent several hours Saturday asking residents at the complex if they’d seen anything unusual. Loved ones said they were notified an arrest had been made related to her case Saturday morning, but Brookhaven police have not confirmed that detail.

"We all have our concerns," Stephen said. "We love Aimee. She’s got a great heart, and she’s an incredible mom, and she is a great friend, and she was an amazing wife, and we love her and we just want her to come back safely."

Last edited:
In one of the articles, it says that the police talked to other residents at Aimee's apartments just to see if they had noticed anything. Of course, i don't know what the police learned. I don't know if Aimee drove her car at all on 9/29. This is the date, according to another article, her daughter came to the apartment and found Aimee's car. But, Aimee wasn't there.

I keep wondering if Aimee's phone (which her ex-husband mentioned has been turned off in the video interview) is with her, or is at some other location.

Any news yet on the arrest? After reading this thread, and looking at her FB profile, I have a bad feeling and certainly some ideas. In one of her pics, she and another lady have on shirts that say Tattletale lounge, and looks definitely like they were working. While looking up this business, it is a strip club in Atlanta. <modsnip> Hopefully I'[m wrong and she pops up from a short vacation.

Last edited by a moderator:

I think this article is basically a reprint of another article in this thread, but it shows information about Aimee is getting out. This is important in case, for some reason, she is not in Georgia.

From what Aimee's family has said, being out of touch this long is not at all like her. (This has been in a couple of different articles.)

Phones are so prevalent now, that even if something happened to her own phone (speculation.. lost, broken, whatever) by now she would have been able to either get another one or borrow one to contact her family jmo. Speculation based on the person I knows who knows her, this person says Aimee would not be too shy to ask to borrow a phone.

Tattletales Lounge is a "rock and roll" strip club in Atlanta. However, they have musical acts sometimes because I saw something about Motley Crue having been there recently. They also have waitresses. The photos of what I assume are the dancers there, all looked to be much younger than Aimee. I don't know if she worked there or just went there maybe to hear a band. I did see photos inside the place (these can be found by a simple search). There are females in these who appear to be customers.

I don't actually know what Aimee's job is. However, if her last known location was at her apartment texting with her ex-husband at 2 a.m. on 9/29/23, it sounds like she did not go to work anywhere on 9/29 (except possibly before 2 a.m., giving her time to drive home from wherever).

Of course, i understand there are quite a few hours in the day. But, from what we have heard via the media, texting at 2 a.m. is the last time her whereabouts were known. Remember, she had planned to go to dinner with her daughter on 9/29 which led to Aimee's daughter being unable to locate Aimee.

Brookhaven is a new city, only established in 2012, i think if Aimee had gone anywhere during those undocumented hours on 9/29, then she would have been caught on camera. She may have done so and the police might have proof of such, i really don't know. The media says the police were talking with people, but so far, the police have not revealed what they might have learned.

I would imagine that by now (pure speculation) the police have looked at Aimee's car as well as her apartment. But, we don't know yet if they found anything that can lead them to Aimee.

Tattletales Lounge is a "rock and roll" strip club in Atlanta. However, they have musical acts sometimes because I saw something about Motley Crue having been there recently. They also have waitresses. The photos of what I assume are the dancers there, all looked to be much younger than Aimee. I don't know if she worked there or just went there maybe to hear a band. I did see photos inside the place (these can be found by a simple search). There are females in these who appear to be customers.

I don't actually know what Aimee's job is. However, if her last known location was at her apartment texting with her ex-husband at 2 a.m. on 9/29/23, it sounds like she did not go to work anywhere on 9/29 (except possibly before 2 a.m., giving her time to drive home from wherever).

Of course, i understand there are quite a few hours in the day. But, from what we have heard via the media, texting at 2 a.m. is the last time her whereabouts were known. Remember, she had planned to go to dinner with her daughter on 9/29 which led to Aimee's daughter being unable to locate Aimee.

Brookhaven is a new city, only established in 2012, i think if Aimee had gone anywhere during those undocumented hours on 9/29, then she would have been caught on camera. She may have done so and the police might have proof of such, i really don't know. The media says the police were talking with people, but so far, the police have not revealed what they might have learned.

I would imagine that by now (pure speculation) the police have looked at Aimee's car as well as her apartment. But, we don't know yet if they found anything that can lead them to Aimee.
If you look at her FB profile, she lists her job as "Cocktail waitress at none of ur freakin business". And there are 2 pics of her in Tattletales t-shirts-one shirt blue, one red, each time with another girl with the same shirt on, and they appear to be in a club. Also if you look at her pics closely, there are several in risqué attire that appear to be taken in the bathroom of a business...which I would guess is the bar.
And who talks to there newly ex husband in the middle of the night?
Just my observations and thoughts.

I think this article is basically a reprint of another article in this thread, but it shows information about Aimee is getting out. This is important in case, for some reason, she is not in Georgia.

Here is the location of her apartment complex, the MAA Glen on Peachtree Rd.

1696229857898.jpeg

Please, please can a moderator change the spelling of Aimee's last name?
It should be
Lafakis
I’m going to report your post so a moderator will know to look at your message and change the spelling of her name. Might take them a couple of hours. I live in GA too. Seems like a lot of people go missing here.

If you look at her FB profile, she lists her job as "Cocktail waitress at none of ur freakin business". And there are 2 pics of her in Tattletales t-shirts-one shirt blue, one red, each time with another girl with the same shirt on, and they appear to be in a club. Also if you look at her pics closely, there are several in risqué attire that appear to be taken in the bathroom of a business...which I would guess is the bar.
And who talks to there newly ex husband in the middle of the night?
Just my observations and thoughts.
Maybe she works there but doesn’t want to divulge it on social media?
I don’t think that’s that unusual to talk at 2 am. Not everyone works 9 to 5. We don’t know the reason for the divorce but it’s refreshing that they have a good relationship still.
I hope she’s ok…

Maybe she works there but doesn’t want to divulge it on social media?
I don’t think that’s that unusual to talk at 2 am. Not everyone works 9 to 5. We don’t know the reason for the divorce but it’s refreshing that they have a good relationship still.
I hope she’s ok…
I think she was a waitress there.

Aimee has a daughter who recently turned 18 with her ex-husband. I think it's good she had a good relationship with him post-divorce for their daughter's sake.

Aimee Welch graduated from North Hall High School in Gainesville GA in 1993. That's in Hall County. So, if you are from the area, maybe you know her from back then. The person I know says she was outgoing, nice, and very pretty. So, she was popular.

I am reading she was found in Lawrenceville, Georgia. That's in Gwinnett County which is near DeKalb County (where Brookhaven is). It may have been a house still under construction where she was found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mwaggoner16
Back