GA - Anna Jones, 18 student, killed by Richard Sigman, 47, professor at U of W. Georgia *guilty verdict*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

RS was denied bond on Monday. Future court dates are October 30, 2023 (non-jury) and November 27, 2023 (trial start date).

RS was denied bond on Monday. Future court dates are October 30, 2023 (non-jury) and November 27, 2023 (trial start date).
At last!
I wondered about this case.

In summary, Anna Jones’s mother has filed a civil case against Leopoldo’s Pizza Napoletana and its owner for negligence and against Richard Sigman for punitive damages.

A Carroll County Court has granted Richard Sigman’s motion for both a Medical Evaluation and a Psychological Evaluation.
The medical evaluation is scheduled for September 20. The psychological evaluation is scheduled for September 29.

"The judge sentenced Sigman to life in prison, plus 55 years, with the possibility of parole.

In exchange for Sigman pleading guilty, the judge agreed not to sentence Sigman to life without the possibility of parole."
Good!
He is 48.
Good luck with parole after 55 years :rolleyes:

PS
The article does not open for me, so I might have got it wrong haha

Good!
He is 48.
Good luck with parole after 55 years :rolleyes:

PS
The article does not open for me, so I might have got it wrong haha

The now-former University of West Georgia professor, Richard Sigman, pleaded guilty to malice murder along with three counts each of aggravated assault and possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony, according to the Coweta Judicial Circuit District Attorney John "Herb" Cranford.

[snip]

Under Georgia law, Sigman has to serve at least 30 years before he is eligible for parole consideration.

"That just the possibility where a parole board will look at this," Myer said. "The likelihood of him actually being paroled at that time is extremely, extremely slim.

The district attorney said this case was particularly devastating because it occurred "randomly and inexplicably."

So, I think he got the life term for malice murder, the additional 55 years for the other charges. Eligible for parole in 30 years. (He is 49 now, so 79 years old before he would even be considered for parole.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine
Back