GUILTY GA - Antonio Santiago, 13 mos, Brunswick, 21 March 2013 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My mother talked about her father's life insurance on the same day he died as well. She wanted to begin planning his funeral, to take the burden off her mother. And she wondered how much insurance there was and when it woyld be available for the funeral expenses.

Sherry West was probably grieving and talking nervously. Asking about a 5 thousand dollar insurance policy does not make her GUILTY of shooting her baby in the head.

And if you know you do not have the money upfront, It is something you are thinking about as you want to bury your baby.

5000 is going to barely bury the baby.

If you mean the taped interview being shown in court, it was the same day of the shooting and after she went to the hospital. Strange she wasn't kept in the hospital longer with the bullet in her leg. The detective kept referring to the shooting as "this morning".

I taped up until the feed froze, I will try to post on youtube later today.

Wow. Bless her heart, she probably had more pain meds on board than a Walgreens tractor trailer truck. Agreed that she should have been in the hospital longer. She's probably on Medicaid, but even that medical care is not so bad that they would throw you out of the hospital that fast.

They are showing dd's testimony again and discussing it on HLN again now.

They were showing clips on HLN or CNN. I looked to see the entire thing online but cannot find a full testimony link yet.

She wasn't up there long and obviously has an axe to grind with her mother. From what she posted on her FB page and what I gleened from the web (news reports) (Can I say that? If not, sorry, delete), this kid needs to clean up her own back yard before she starts judging her mothers.

I think the fact that the cops never called her back when she called probably hurt her feelings more than her mother has.

I don't know anything about her history but She absolutely came off to me as someone with an axe to grind.. Great way to put it. From what I understand they did not talk for about 4 years before this happened.

http://onlineathens.com/breaking-news/2013-08-28/defense-accused-baby-killer-begins-setbacks

"During tearful testimony, Glassey explained she never met Antonio and hadn’t seen her mother before today, except briefly four years ago, ever since West lost custody when Glassey was 8. West called her the evening of the murder to give the news of her stepbrother’s death."

So, Glassey hasn't seen her mother but once in 13 years. IMO she has a grudge and possibly wanted to get even with her mom. Wonder if Gough asked Glassey if she, herself, had any mental problems.

I think it's only natural that she has hard feelings toward a mother that abused and neglected her. Who knows what the "abuse" was or what she knows her mother is capable of doing to a child. It takes a lot for the courts to take a child away from their mother and never give it back. Unfortunately there are no laws in place that keep an abusive and/or mentally ill woman from continuing to have as many children as she wishes.

Well, *obviously* Sherry West paid DL's $23,000 attorney fees out of the $5,000 insurance payout she got from the Gerber policy, duh.

I think it's only natural that she has hard feelings toward a mother that abused and neglected her. Who knows what the "abuse" was or what she knows her mother is capable of doing to a child. It takes a lot for the courts to take a child away from their mother and never give it back. Unfortunately there are no laws in place that keep an abusive and/or mentally ill woman from continuing to have as many children as she wishes.

Bravo. Neither of us knows what happened when she was a kid. I give her the benefit of the doubt. I do not like the mother one ounce, but I don't think she killed her baby either.

It is one thing to have hard feelings and another to try and say you think your mother killed her baby because she is lying.

She did not feed her enough according to DCFS= so I take that with a grain of salt. Googling AG, I'd say she has her own agenda.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/08/27/live-blog-mother-baby-shooting-case-testify

I'm confused. Is the woman whose testimony they are showing on HLN the daughter of the mother in this case and the sister of the baby who was murdered?

And she was taken away from the mother at age 8? That's kind of odd.

Also, they stated that the mom identified someone else before Marquise. Is that true?

I kind of thought this case was a slam dunk. Was I wrong? There's no way this was a set up for insurance money, right guys?

I remember some saying that the mom didn't seem sad enough when her baby was murdered. I defended her. But since then I haven't really followed the case.

And I;m sorry, i think I would remember who got shot first. I also wouldn't give a you know what in the weeks after my own little baby was murdered before my eyes, about insurance. This is a baby, not an elderly person who has been sick for awhile or something. This is the mother's own baby.

Can you guys tell me what's up here? How was Marquise the one they eventually found? Surely these are just coincidences, right?

She did not feed her enough according to DCFS= so I take that with a grain of salt. Googling AG, I'd say she has her own agenda.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/08/27/live-blog-mother-baby-shooting-case-testify

IMO, it takes A LOT to take a child from its mother. A LOT. Not feeding the baby is not enough unless that baby is starving due to hard core, stubborn neglect.

Parents are given tons of chances to get their kids back.

Of course that doesn't mean the mom here isn't a victim. Formerly bad parents can change and bad parent's kids can be harmed through no fault of the parent.

IMO, it takes A LOT to take a child from its mother. A LOT. Not feeding the baby is not enough unless that baby is starving due to hard core, stubborn neglect.

Parents are given tons of chances to get their kids back.

Of course that doesn't mean the mom here isn't a victim. Formerly bad parents can change and bad parent's kids can be harmed through no fault of the parent.

It really does not. I know more than a few people where CPS went nuts and removed kids that should not have been removed. It depends where it is but I have seen them have unimaginable power. So I always take that with salt. A pound or so.

I'm confused. Is the woman whose testimony they are showing on HLN the daughter of the mother in this case and the sister of the baby who was murdered?

And she was taken away from the mother at age 8? That's kind of odd.

Also, they stated that the mom identified someone else before Marquise. Is that true?

I kind of thought this case was a slam dunk. Was I wrong? There's no way this was a set up for insurance money, right guys?

I remember some saying that the mom didn't seem sad enough when her baby was murdered. I defended her. But since then I haven't really followed the case.

And I;m sorry, i think I would remember who got shot first. I also wouldn't give a you know what in the weeks after my own little baby was murdered before my eyes, about insurance. This is a baby, not an elderly person who has been sick for awhile or something. This is the mother's own baby.

Can you guys tell me what's up here? How was Marquise the one they eventually found? Surely these are just coincidences, right?

My husband had a prepaid funeral. If he had not had one, I would have had to been on the phone with the insurance company myself the next day trying to get up enough money to bury him. They are the one's who contacted me within a couple of days saying they were going to cut a check for X amount and that if need be, most mortuary's would work with me on the expenses as long as long as they knew I would eventually have enough. I didn't have to call them.

Both my parents were paying on their burials when they passed away. Nothing was deemed vulgar or off about my dad writing a check two days before my mother died and had me hand deliver it to them. She was cremated, so while I was there to pay them the balance, I sat down with one of the clerks and wrote out her obit, too.

My dad bought all three of us kids burial policies when we were born. That was over 50 years ago. Does that mean he intended to kill us?

It's just seems to me she was trying to see if she was going to get money enough to be able to afford a casket, etc., for her child when his body was released. I didn't see anything wrong with then and don't now.

It really does not. I know more than a few people where CPS went nuts and removed kids that should not have been removed. It depends where it is but I have seen them have unimaginable power. So I always take that with salt. A pound or so.

Looks like she lost custody to their father. Antonio was the spitting image of the older son at the same age. With her mental health issues, she may have felt it best to stay away or Father did- etc etc... Most people are not who they were 13 years ago.

And- I can only speak for myself- a person with "no known" mental health issues. If I was being interviewed after my 13 month old son was shot in the face and I was medicated from an injury- I would be making less sense than she was.

Let me clarify. Taking a child via emergency CPS removal happens all the time and sometimes on a whim. CPS often wants to act first and think later.

A court actually making a child a ward of the state and removing them permanently from their parents' custody is very hard to do. It takes a lot. And even then, parents are able to regain custody pretty easily if they stick to the reunification program and show up to court. The parents are even appointed attorneys if they cannot afford one.

This is my business, you know. I'm sadly familiar with how the system works. For the child to be taken at age 8 and never returned, something significant, some very serious failing on the part of the parents HAD to have occurred.

In other news, is it true that the bio-dad has GSR on his hands? Where was the mother shot and why would bio-dad have GSR on his hands? And then later he was arrested for violence?

Seems there are serious problems with this family.

My husband had a prepaid funeral. If he had not had one, I would have had to been on the phone with the insurance company myself the next day trying to get up enough money to bury him. They are the one's who contacted me within a couple of days saying they were going to cut a check for X amount and that if need be, most mortuary's would work with me on the expenses as long as long as they knew I would eventually have enough. I didn't have to call them.

Both my parents were paying on their burials when they passed away. Nothing was deemed vulgar or off about my dad writing a check two days before my mother died and had me hand deliver it to them. She was cremated, so while I was there to pay them the balance, I sat down with one of the clerks and wrote out her obit, too.

My dad bought all three of us kids burial policies when we were born. That was over 50 years ago. Does that mean he intended to kill us?

It's just seems to me she was trying to see if she was going to get money enough to be able to afford a casket, etc., for her child when his body was released. I didn't see anything wrong with then and don't now.

I kind of think dealing with the funeral arrangements of one's parents or husband is vastly different from thinking about insurance money when it comes to one's own, little baby whose head was just blown off a few days prior, in front of the parent, don't you?

And I;m not sure how purchasing burial insurance in advance for one's child, or life insurance, for that matter, has anything to do with whether it is off, or not, for a parent to be worrying about life insurance proceeds in the day or days immediately following watching his or her own baby get his face blown off.

I think these are two different things.

Looks like she lost custody to their father. Antonio was the spitting image of the older son at the same age. With her mental health issues, she may have felt it best to stay away or Father did- etc etc... Most people are not who they were 13 years ago.

And- I can only speak for myself- a person with "no known" LOL mental health issues. If I was being interviewed after my 13 month old son was shot in the face and I was injured- I would be making less sense than she was.

It's true, parents can certainly change. People can change over the years. I am hopeful that's what happened here. But how do we know the mom here lost custody to the father? Can anyone link me to some info.?

Starving a child is both mental and physical abuse and neglect. The one person in the world who is supposed to love, provide for, and protect the child lets them go hungry and become physically/mentally emaciated. Have any idea what happens to a body and mind that is being starved? It had to be horrific if this is the reason AG was taken from her mother. I suspect there was even more, but I don't have the report.

Who knows whether or not AG had an agenda, maybe she just didn't want her mother to raise more children that could end up dead from a knife, bullet, or starvation. Given these tragic children's lives and deaths, her daughter's observations don't really seem all that diabolical. IMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megan_peterson253
Back