GUILTY GA - Antonio Santiago, 13 mos, Brunswick, 21 March 2013 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Tim Pulliam ‏@TimPulliam 3h

A .22 caliber revolver was recovered in #elkins case. Jarvis says at least a million types of guns could have fired the bullets. @wjxt4
Expand

Jarvis: A brass wash bullet struck West. A copper wash bullet hit Antonia Santiago. .22 RG caliber revolver will fire those bullets. @wjxt4
Expand

Jarvis: The bullets recovered in #elkins case are very common and can be found in any ammunition store. @wjxt4
Expand

Jay Jarvis, a ballistics expert is on the stand now. @wjxt4 #elkins
Expand

Two paramedics were just on the stand. There testimony was brief. They testified they responded to Sherry West on London Stree

SW gives the name of a crematory to the detectives - wow, I wouldn't begin to know the name of a crematory.

you know if I didnt know what was going on and I started watching this trial a day or two ago, I would ask who is on trial??????? it 's SW that is actually on trial here I dont care how they try to present it ! its absurd!
It's the classic SODDI defense. That's all they have. Pretty low to blame this Mom. She has issues but she did not kill her baby!

SW gives the name of a crematory to the detectives - wow, I wouldn't begin to know the name of a crematory.

I know all the different places in my town who do cremations. I don't think it strange that she knew.

I know all the different places in my town who do cremations. I don't think it strange that she knew.

Why do you know this information, seriously curious? I've lived in the same town all my life and I couldn't name a single one. She hadn't lived there long, had she?

If you've recently been to a funeral the name would stick in your head. Or, in some smaller towns, there IS only one funeral home. I can't think of one off the top of my head either, but I could tell you the name of the one that was near the high school I went to. There are many perfectly innocent reasons to know something like that.

Is it damning evidence that Ms West knew the name of a crematory? I have driven by or seen signage or read ads for many places of business that I do not foresee patronizing. I can name funeral homes, banks, groceries, drug stores, jewelers, poodle parlors, yadayadayada that I do not patronize... no big deal!

Also, I do not find suspicion in different bullets being loaded in a saturday-night special pistol. If you know anything about how those guns change hands, that is also no big deal.

Would someone please explain why they think Sherry West had prior knowledge or participated in the death of her child & that Elkins is innocent?

Why do you know this information, seriously curious? I've lived in the same town all my life and I couldn't name a single one. She hadn't lived there long, had she?

You must be younger than me. I have been to funerals where we discussed cremation. It is common knowledge which funeral homes cremate on premise and which send the bodies off to be cremated...their ads divulge this information.

Tim PUlliam's tweet

Defense says Argie Brooks is a hostile witness.
12:34pm - 29 Aug 13

Can anyone tell me why defense feels this way. I cannot listen to the live feed where I am.

Me too. Reading some of these posts, one would think that mother was on trial.
She has issues. People with issues are more likely to become victims of crimes.

i have to say this is one of the lowest of the low defense attornies i have seen in quite awhile. of course Elkins killed the baby but of course the defense attorney is sliming the mother and trying to deflect from his client.

Tim PUlliam's tweet

12:34pm - 29 Aug 13

Can anyone tell me why defense feels this way. I cannot listen to the live feed where I am.
IMO - the defense was just puffing his chest out. He kept trying to talk about the witnesses RECENT burglary charge. The only purpose for calling this witness was to bash his character. Then, the defense attorney was angry the witness wanted to take the 5th. Well, it was HIS witness. :floorlaugh:

Right now, 20th motion today for a mistrial. He's saying there should be a mis-trial due to his own witness pleading the 5th. :facepalm:

Is this answering my question?

I see a woman who may have limited capacity, is likely medicated & has just endured an unfathomabile event of being attacked on the street & seeing her innocent baby killed, but is at least attempting to participate in finding the killers. Personally at that time, I probably would not have been able to sit in a chair must less hold my head up & speak coherently.

Isn't it interesting how we read & see the same things & come away with entirely different opinions?

Why didn't Gough talk about AG getting out of jail just to testify? This trial is a cast of characters. Does everybody have arrest records?

Is this answering my question?

I see a woman who may have limited capacity, is likely medicated & has just endured an unfathomabile event of being attacked on the street & seeing her innocent baby killed, but is at least attempting to participate in finding the killers. Personally at that time, I probably would not have been able to sit in a chair must less hold my head up & speak coherently.

Isn't it interesting how we read & see the same things & come away with entirely different opinions?

No, I wasn't addressing anyone's post, I promised yesterday to post the video that was played in court of SW's interview with police - and thus, my post. Did you ask me a question? I apologize, I could have missed it.

Late jumping in but, she stated in the interview with Det's that she had lived in Brunswick for 10 years.

Late jumping in but, she stated in the interview with Det's that she had lived in Brunswick for 10 years.

Thanks! I thought she said two or ten. It's just me I guess, my daughter's father was cremated 13 years ago and I'd have to look for the name of that crematory. Probably just something I have no need on a daily basis for so I don't store it for quick reference. SW was amazing with the names of all the government people she communicated with on LS's case - I might recall one or two, but she was rattling off five or six names. She obviously has a great memory, which would probably explain her knowing the crematorium.

Tim Pulliam ‏@TimPulliam 7m
#Elkins today @wjxt4 pic.twitter.com/rRvXzbaIEw

Tim Pulliam ‏@TimPulliam 55m
In the last 30 minutes or so there have been several officers with Brunswick PD and DJJ testify. Testimony was real brief. Not tweet-able

Tim Pulliam ‏@TimPulliam 1h
Court is now in session. A Brunswick investigator is on the stand #elkins

Judge Kelley says court will be in recess for 1 hour 15mins for lunch.

The jury is not in the courtroom during Argie Brooks testimony.

Brooks: "I didn't come forward for the reward money."

Brooks says he signed an agreement with police to receive $8k in reward $. Chief Toby Green gave him $1k and $1k from Lt. Tom Jump.

Brooks says he has received 2K from police after giving information about the #elkins case. He says police owe him $8K

Argie Brooks has a pending court case -- defense is trying to make the connection that his motives for coming forward are to get a deal.

Jury is out of courtroom as defense continues to interview Argie Brooks.

Lang's aunt is Debra Obley, she is the woman who says she gave #elkins a ride from her mother's home, not knowing what happened.

Argie Brooks went to police and told them he had information about the toddler shooting. @wjxt4 #elkins He was living with Lang's aunt.

Mr. Santiago will be up next. Defense attorney is trying to get his prior statements, which have nothing to do with this case, in. I guess, another SODDI. Blame everyone else but the guy on trial.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megan_peterson253
Back