GA - Atlanta Airport Power Outage 17 Dec 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This article is from 10 days ago, NOT from today, but interesting coincidence:

"Authorities say a routine training exercise near the world's busiest airport produced a plume of heavy, dark smoke rising over Atlanta and visible for miles...

Airport officials said the planned drill was part of "live burn training" exercises at the Atlanta Fire Training Center near the airport."

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...irport-part-of-fire-training-drill?src=usn_tw

Again, this link and quote is from DEC 7, not from Dec 17, the date of the airport blackout, which seems to have been caused by a fire in a power station.

I think the lesson is don't have your back-up system in the same location as your primary source. The fire prevented workers from turning on the back-up, apparently. It's like carrying your emergency stash of cash in your wallet.

jmo

I think the lesson is don't have your back-up system in the same location as your primary source. The fire prevented workers from turning on the back-up, apparently. It's like carrying your emergency stash of cash in your wallet.

jmo
That analogy just made my day. [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

It is too bad food vendors did not give away food sooner, especially to children and the elderly.

All of those pre-made sandwiches have to be thrown away after a few hours without refrigeration.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo
Back