GA - Bridget Shiel, 19, found murdered in Atlanta park, 31 May 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There was a quadruple murder suicide near where Bridgetts car was found tonight, (non-related to Bridgett case) so I thought of her and found May articles I had never read. Lots of new information that I never knew about the suspect.

5 things to know about Atlanta police case on model Bridget Shiel

I guess they cleared the case when they matched his DNA from CODIS on the other charges to the Sprite can that was found.

And...

Cops: Man who killed woman, left her naked in park is responsible for 5 deaths

Atlanta police issued an arrest warrant Thursday for Christopher Spencer, a known gang member tied to five killings in the metro area in the past two years. Spencer is already serving a life sentence for one of those crimes at Macon State Prison.

Last edited:
There was a quadruple murder suicide near where Bridgetts car was found tonight, (non-related to Bridgett case) so I thought of her and found May articles I had never read. Lots of new information that I never knew about the suspect.
RSBM. Thank you for finding these, I wouldn't have seen them otherwise because the AJC website drives me nuts. The murder-suicide is barely a mile from where my best friend lived when we were growing up. Not a great area then, and it seems like it's only gotten worse.

Thank God the scum that killed Bridget is already in prison. According to Fulton County records, he's set to be arraigned this Friday (doc attached) on eight counts including murder, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, armed robbery, hijacking of a vehicle, and possession of a firearm during commission of a felony.

The older I get the more it boggles my mind that people treat life as if it were cheap. Looking at Bridget's photos, you can tell she's so full of life and sparkle, and for it to be stolen from her so brutally is just senseless and infuriating. I hope her loved ones have found some peace knowing that her killer will answer in court for what he did.

Attachments

• 19SC166377 - .pdf
    326.5 KB · Views: 5
RSBM. Thank you for finding these, I wouldn't have seen them otherwise because the AJC website drives me nuts. The murder-suicide is barely a mile from where my best friend lived when we were growing up. Not a great area then, and it seems like it's only gotten worse.

Thank God the scum that killed Bridget is already in prison. According to Fulton County records, he's set to be arraigned this Friday (doc attached) on eight counts including murder, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, armed robbery, hijacking of a vehicle, and possession of a firearm during commission of a felony.

The older I get the more it boggles my mind that people treat life as if it were cheap. Looking at Bridget's photos, you can tell she's so full of life and sparkle, and for it to be stolen from her so brutally is just senseless and infuriating. I hope her loved ones have found some peace knowing that her killer will answer in court for what he did.

Thanks, I don't see any more updates as to the next date for him after the one he had as to the arraignment on Friday on the court calendar yet at http://justice.fultoncountyga.gov/PASupCrtCM/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=7814851&ShowAllCharges=1

Attachments

• 19SC166377 - (1).pdf
    326.5 KB · Views: 5
No new updates, but was just thinking about Bridget. Got home from work and was watching re-runs of The First 48 and her case was on.

Glad your killer was caught beautiful woman.

Caught that before I left for work.
Paired with the Misha Moore case.
Good episode.

Last edited:
No new updates, but was just thinking about Bridget. Got home from work and was watching re-runs of The First 48 and her case was on.

Glad your killer was caught beautiful woman.

Jenna van gelderen case is in Atlanta also. They are having a private viewing downtown of a special on her case before the Oxygen Channel airs. The viewing is in Atlanta area near her house. Every time I see this case, it makes me hope that her case is solved also

Have you followed the Jenna Van Gelderan "missing" case? I wonder if they are related...

JMO
Oh hell no, Bridgette and Jenna were/are 2 very different girls. Besides, at the time of Jenna’s disappearance, Bridgette’s accused killer was already in prison for another murder. He’s been incarcerated since Nov. 2, 2016, when he and an accomplice were arrested for a home invasion/double-murder committed in October. Jenna didn’t go missing until August 2017.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StacyStacyStacy
Back