Found Deceased GA - Bud, 69, & June Runion, 66, McRae, 22 Jan 2015 #1 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if a presser will be coming soon? I accidentally left the live link up at http://www.13wmaz.com/videos/news/local/2013/11/12/3455451/ and heard talking as I was cleaning...thought I was going nuts until my cat started to get frazzled. There is a lot of chatter going on in the background.

I am so glad they have the suspect and the SUV. I wonder if the Runions did not take money with them....there is a chance he has them somewhere. Maybe he thought he could get money out of their accounts? This just seems so senseless. I just don't understand. He would have known that they were just preparing to look and not purchase.

Oh, reporters are hooking up and expecting an update, but looks like LE is removing tent from RV set up.

Same here, Chickaroo. I've had the live feed tab open in my browser all day, and it startled me when I heard the chatter. Watching now, definitely looks like they're setting up for something...right now a guy appears to be setting up media's microphones.

http://www.13wmaz.com/videos/news/local/2013/11/12/3455451/

ETA: they're doing audio and mic check now.

Can you post the link to where you are watching? TIA!

ETA... NM I see all the links now.

maybe they'd withdraw it in a bank in or near mcrae, if they bought it?

Also, considering that it is such a large purchase, I think it is very reasonable to imagine that they would have wanted to check out the car and the seller before presenting him with a large amount of cash.

I don't understand why. What's the motive to harm two older people like this? I know we had a case here in Southern California where a lovely couple was chained together and dropped into the ocean, Thomas and Jackie Hawks, but that was to steal their boat. This couple were buying something - a car. And who was to say they had cash or whatever? In the Hawk's case, the boat was clearly the prize, but in this case, how would the suspect have known for sure there was money to be had at the meeting?

This is scary.

OMG WTF these clowns are joking around laughing do they know they are live on the damn net with epople anxiously awaiting very serious news?! This is making me furious!!!!! I would BITE THEIR HEAD OFF if I was there right now.

I've never purchased anything on Craigslist, but wouldn't you want to have some money with you to purchase the item, if you like it, and didn't want to pass it up, or have someone else get it?

Yes but with bigger items like cars, you want to see it first and not rush into a purchase.

OMG WTF these clowns are joking around laughing do they know they are live on the damn net with epople anxiously awaiting very serious news?! This is making me furious!!!!!

IKR?! That ticked me off. But then, I was thinking, hoping, praying MAYBE they got some GOOD news! I know it looks bad, but me, I can never give up until they find...well, you know.

Welcome 125 Guests :(
(Sorry, usually I put a smiley face, but there is absolutely NO REASON to smile right now unless this presser says that by miracle they are alive.)

I just saw on my FB feed via local news that there is breaking news presser (I'm in Georgia). This is the YouTube link Fox 5 put up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_pia9EmywY

ETA: I see there's another news link above, just thought I'd offer a second.

I don't have a good feeling about this....

I'm wondering if Bud and June were just going to look at the car and not buy right away? Maybe they were waiting on other responses to the ad before deciding?

I am thinking maybe a 4 pm press conference, since they are still setting up. Ugh I feel sick.

IKR?! That ticked me off. But then, I was thinking, hoping, praying MAYBE they got some GOOD news! I know it looks bad, but me, I can never give up until they find...well, you know.

Everyone responds to stress differently. Not to say that people can be brushed off, but this is what these guys do for a living. They're constantly dealing with the stress of search and rescue, sad family members, inquisitive media outlets, anxious bystanders, etc. It must be a part of daily life for them to the point where their hearts aren't always wrenched as easily as ours.

(There are currently 189 users browsing this thread. (59 members and 130 guests))

Everyone responds to stress differently. Not to say that people can be brushed off, but this is what these guys do for a living. They're constantly dealing with the stress of search and rescue, sad family members, inquisitive media outlets, anxious bystanders, etc. It must be a part of daily life for them to the point where their hearts aren't always wrenched as easily as ours.

Understand, but its not exactly appropriate timing, kwim? Jmo
Eta: sorry just a little tense right now!

Interesting post to FB page from local/search party member. SEems to indicate more than one person involved. Has anyone seen this in MSM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meekdoggydogg