Found Deceased GA - Bud, 69, & June Runion, 66, McRae, 22 Jan 2015 #1 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
****Ronnie, my bad! If he is found guilty his name will be a number anyway!

I'm waiting to find out what has happened. It is every bit as likely that he didn't have a car to sell, but he knew someone who said they had a car. When the actual meet took place, the other guy is the one who sent everything south, and Towns freaked and instead of going to the police, lied about the couple and bailed for fear of being killed himself. He would still be guilty of false statements and fraud. He'd still be guilty, but less reprehensible. So I'll wait and see what comes out.

there was no car, according the reporter qeustions and SS responses on live feed at 4 ish

1st off I heard the news today at work that they found the bodies and the van. May June and Bud RIP.. But something has now been bugging me all day. If he acted alone what have your Father take you in. Yes he turned himself in he was not captured.
My gut is saying their is someone else. And possibly that person did the murders and he was just to set them up.
Like someone else said hard to drive 2 cars at once. I posted on their FB page today and received a very strange reply back to me. Almost sent chills up my back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The sherrif said "the phone was bought a very short time...this deal was negotiated for the Runions to come to Telford county and uh, it was soon, uh, turned off". So while it is probable the phone was bought for a scam, it wasn't necessarily bought for the purposed of killing someone. It might also have been bought by RT FOR someone else to use. Again, I'm reserving the "string him up" judgement until I hear all of it. JMO, as per the norm.

Can you think of a legitimate reason why Jay Towns would have Bud's cell phone? This is pretty damning evidence to me - unless you think he just happened upon the wreck, pulled them out and left them behind the store and then just kept the cell phone...

https://www.google.com/maps/@31.812...!1e1!3m2!1sHS-hwpTh11eG-Uo-Rw8FYg!2e0!6m1!1e1

more downtown jacksonville, ga

Does anyone recall when the stakeout in jacksonville ga happened? saturday or sunday? If the Runions were disovered at store, wonder WHO discovered them and how it came about it? SS said it was in line with their investigation tactics that they were discovered, OR if LE knew this from the beginning of the investigation and stakeout, someone must've seen them or him at the corner if in Jacksonville, Im kinda presuming it was here, since that's where the stakeout was

They set up a command post/road block there in Jacksonville on Saturday.

Just a wild guess.....and that's all it is.....even in a town as small as Jacksonville, Ga, they probably found a witness that saw both the Runion's and Ronnie meeting in front of that store. That is probably all they had in the very beginning, a description and a sighting. The rest of the investigation and the roadblocks fanned out from that point including the initial interview with Ronnie Towns. After following up on what he told them, and obtaining the phone records, it became very obvious that he was lying.

I think they set up the stake-out where they did because somebody drove by while the Runion's were talking to Ronnie, in plain view, the day they arrived.

I'm waiting to find out what has happened. It is every bit as likely that he didn't have a car to sell, but he knew someone who said they had a car. When the actual meet took place, the other guy is the one who sent everything south, and Towns freaked and instead of going to the police, lied about the couple and bailed for fear of being killed himself. He would still be guilty of false statements and fraud. He'd still be guilty, but less reprehensible. So I'll wait and see what comes out.

Sounds like he told them where the bodies were.

If you were an "innocent victim" that got caught up in another's scheme and feared for your life would you bury the bodies?

This really has to be devastating for the perps family, they must be soooo ashamed. I hope they get a lot of community support.

1st off I heard the news today at work that they found the bodies and the van. May June and Bud RIP.. But something has now been bugging me all day. If he acted alone what have your Father take you in. Yes he turned himself in he was not captured.
My gut is saying their is someone else. And possibly that person did the murders and he was just to set them up.
Like someone else said hard to drive 2 cars at once. I posted on their FB page today and received a very strange reply back to me. Almost sent chills up my back.

what was said???

I have a feeling the killing was not planned or intended. I think there may have been another person involved. The plan was probably to just rob them, but then Bud got in their faces being a vet and all, and they hurt/killed him, and saw no other choice than to finish the job.. I mean, otherwise the suspect is a really dumb one.. to kill 2 people when it can be easily tracked via phone, and then not to flee the state/country. Seems to me a robbery got out of hand.

Sounds like he told them where the bodies were.

If you were an "innocent victim" that got caught up in another's scheme and feared for your life would you bury the bodies?

This really has to be devastating for the perps family, they must be soooo ashamed. I hope they get a lot of community support.

maybe but wondering how they ended up on stakeout in jacksonville, ga, and wondering if thats where the Runions were discovered, thinking it was and also wondering h ow long they've had the bodies or just found this morning, did the sheriff say? I can't recall

I have a feeling the killing was not planned or intended. I think there may have been another person involved. The plan was probably to just rob them, but then Bud got in their faces being a vet and all, and they hurt/killed him, and saw no other choice than to finish the job.. I mean, otherwise the suspect is a really dumb one.. to kill 2 people when it can be easily tracked via phone, and then not to flee the state/country. Seems to me a robbery got out of hand.

with this "kid" RT, not having a criminal history and the Sheriff did look a little sick about it all, said he came from a good family and they'd been in the area generations or such, I'm kind of wondering too if RT was caught up in something accidental, I guess if someone else is invovled it should come out soon, you think?

yeah he probably wasn't going down without a fight and then they perps are stuck with a witness to their crime, go big or stay home at this point, crazy crazy, can't imagine what prompted them to do this thinking they'd get away with it, also a drop phone that can be traced?? Wwell I guess he isnt' a very experienced criminal? why it seems it all just got out of hand, IDK

Maybe because the bodies have bullets in them and no one would believe it was an accident?

Do they? Because it just seemed to me why leave the bodies out and then try and get the car in the lake. It just does not make sense. Well not to my rational non criminal brain..

This is so sad - It is also the reason I do not use Craig's List..... EVER! I know many use it and have no problems. But the possibility of a crime happening is just too large.

Now mine you this was before any of the news broke about anythin GN being found . Just rumors were being flown around on FB

You sir have no idea how much we have had to hold back. Trust me if it wasn't for our concern for the family you all would know the information we have by now. Just wait til it's over. Just wait.

A family member sold a car last summer through Craigslist. She didn't put a phone number in the ad and also didn't use her main email address. After receiving replies and emailing back and forth, she spoke on the phone to the eventual buyer. She, however, gave the buyer a Google phone number because she didn't want anyone to have her real cell phone number. The buyer dialed the Google number and family member's cell phone rang.

My question is, how cooperative would Google be in giving out information that would lead to the owner of the Google phone number? I can't remember what information has to be provided to get a Google number.

did you mean Ronnie? I have not, someone said there is a myspace for him, it didnt' look like him to me, his wife deleted hers, she was getting harraassed

This is his myspace.
https://myspace.com/432761338
He does look different in many photos.
He shares this same photo with the lady that has the same name as what was said to be his wife, in his Top 8 on myspace.
It says he is from Scotland, Georgia. That is in Telfair County.
IMOO.

Hello all. What a very sad, sad outcome.

I have not been able to log in on WS today until now, but of course I have been following today's developments as I could on here and on area news. I am just heartbroken. I had so much hoped Bud and June were being held captive, but alive, somewhere.

Many, many prayers for their family! And also for the Towns family -- I know this is also a nightmare of nightmares for them.

Why? I just keep thinking, "Why?" And also "How?" As in HOW in THE WORLD did the perp ever think he would get away with this? Aside from "how COULD he do this" -- why would he? So close to his own home and family -- . Did he not think Bud and June would be missed? Even if his original intent was a scam and not bodily harm -- how could he POSSIBLY think he had a good plan? I just cannot understand. Thinking this has almost got to be some drug-fueled madness.

I will be going back to read more of the posts from today now --

1. Hugs all around. Sad day.

2. It seems a rural sheriff's department got state agencies involved early & did a good job with the investigation. Hat's off to them & all volunteers.

3. It's good to hear a throw-away phone was somehow tracked.

4. I have some feelings for the perp's family, but not him. My heart breaks for the victims, their family & friends. By all reports, they were a happy couple, raised a wonderful family, much loved in the community where they gave of themselves to the betterment of all. If not for someone's greed, they would have enjoyed the Golden Years. Either on WS or a comment section online, someone said they hope Heaven had a shiny Mustang waiting for the Runions.... yeah, that. Put the top down & ride Bud & June.

this looks like the same location, same overhead shot of the dirtroad on the news, notice the curve, the woods on one side, farmland on the other, the pole and overgrowth bythe pole!

this pond is on 217 north of the TOWNS property on the curve is the pond I was talking about

https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...1s0x88f1b366a19a8709:0x67556163af71563a?hl=en

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megan phillips lynch