Found Deceased GA - Bud, 69, & June Runion, 66, McRae, 22 Jan 2015 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Interesting...Same town as the Runions...Wonder if they saw Mr. Runions ad and/or have any connections in the McRae area..

Classito

I was surprised to see that once I started googling for "craigslist robbery" there were SEVERAL cases in the Atlanta Metro area that I had never heard about.

Apparently it is very common. All the stories I saw involved shootings so one can only guess how many craigslist robberies go unreported by the media.

This case has gone SO quiet in the media. I guess maybe that is not so unusual, with a suspect in jail, but I admit I sure wish I knew a little about how things are progressing.

It does feel like we should have heard SOMETHING else by now... With as fast and furious as it was at the beginning. But then again, I'm part of the group thinking there's more than meets the eye

It does feel like we should have heard SOMETHING else by now... With as fast and furious as it was at the beginning. But then again, I'm part of the group thinking there's more than meets the eye

I'm with you on this one, Mommylicious. Something has been nagging at me with this case... I don't know what it is, but I don't think that JT acted alone, or even was the actual killer for that matter. I could be way off base, but that is what I have been thinking from the beginning.

:yourock:

Welcome to the thread, Doravillegirl!

I was just getting ready to ask about Bud's occupation, as I had never heard anything. It's very helpful and comforting to me to hear from those who personally knew this lovely couple.

I'm new here and trying to catch up, but she did say specifically that she did not know him personally. JS

Well, My theories are works in progress.

If Jay did this, I doubt he acted totally alone.

If Jay was framed, then I highly doubt it was one person acting alone to frame him.

Does any of that make any sense?

Makes perfect sense to me. I've known Jay all his life. For whatever reason, someone wants him to take the fall for this. There's no doubt in my mind that he did not do this. He's not capable.

RT's father mentioned someone went into the woods with him to get RT but was hesitant to mention the persons name. Or did I just make that up in my head?
id like to know who that was. Seems odd to me we haven't heard from more "friends."

Re-watch the interview! His dad is the one who got him out of the woods and turned him in. Can you even imagine?

I need to go listen again. I took it to mean that someone was with out there with him helping him seek Jay out. And he didn't want to say that person's name.

What he said was Mr. GBI-man told him that if he didn't get Jay and turn him in, the Swat team would go on the following morning with guns ablazing, too which his father replied "yall ain't shooting my son", so he proceeded to call him out and turn him in. Next....

Good idea, I think. On the other hand, earlier in the threads someone posted they did some kind of "people search" and found what looked like evidence that Jay had once lived in the Marietta area...

He has never lived in Marietta, never been arrested in Marietta or anywhere, for that matter.

Things to ponder here . If Bud & June were killed on Thurs. the LE down in that area were not involved till Friday correct . When did they talk to RT ? Then we hear the LE trace his phone going south later on. That I think was on Sunday . Now how can that be if his family saw him Saturday night and he went into the woods to hide when the warrants were issued.
So who had the phone?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Telfair Co Sheriff states he was not contacted by Cobb Co & took it upon himself to investigate. Check out his Facebook page, it's all there in B&W. If not, thank God for screen shots :)

Not once have I seen or heard where anyone has stated the date & time of thear deaths. Obviously, at some point before Monday afternoon when they were found.

I also have no idea who had the phone, but i, too, would love to know! WOULD LOVE TO SEE ANY DOCUMENTATION ON REPORTS THAT THE 'PING MOVED SOUTH' when & where??

Saturday evening, he was at his parent's house. Warrants were issued on Sunday. && he does have an alibi :%

Makes perfect sense to me. I've known Jay all his life. For whatever reason, someone wants him to take the fall for this. There's no doubt in my mind that he did not do this. He's not capable.

Interesting.

The phone was traced to him though...any thoughts on this?

It seems that almost everyone here is confused. I wish I could answer most of your questions, especially if some of you could be open-minded enough to consider the fact that he was possibly framed. You could say I'm very close to the Towns family and what I can tell you is there are very few actual facts on this thread. I happened to be present during the search from the beginning and have been given specific details with the understanding it be kept confidential. However, what I can tell you all is that he was not divorced or separated from his 2nd wife, whom he lived with in Wheeler County. He had not lived in the mobile home behind his parents' house in nearly a year and the pond is NOT right behind the mobile home.

We are sure he was set up, by whom or for what reason we do not know. ..yet.

P.s. I personally know the lady from the store where the Runions stopped to get directions. The road is a very real road, has been for years AND it is at least 5 miles from the Towns' property.

Welcome to Websleuths, PIintraining.
:welcome:

If you are interested in becoming verified as an insider in this case, here's a link to some information that will help you:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?521-Verified-Professional-and-Insider-Members

How so & for what reason exactly?

That's explained at the link. I think that basically what it says is that, to give WSers confidence that a poster who says he/she knows the victim/suspect/families and/or has "inside" information is really who he/she claims to be and so give appropriate weight to the input, WS provides that such "insiders" can go through a confidential verification process. Of course, it is up to you. Just passing along the info.

Shall we make a list of questions for PIintraining?
First, I want to say I feel for the Towns family. I cannot imagine the horror of having a loved one accused of this crime.

1. Did you grow up with Jay or are you more friends with his parents or someone else?

2. Why do you say he is incapable? Do you know him a a gentle soul who wouldn't hurt a fly, or do you think he is mentally insufficient to plan what happened?

Somebody might want to notify the 100+ law enforcement officers who were involved in the search, investigation and apprehension of Ronnie Towns that they got the wrong guy. Notifying the DA's office would be a good idea too.

Evidence and proof aside, this information comes from a Local that has known him his whole life and knows he is incapable of doing such a thing, so that's that.

And we know the LE and DA would never get it wrong...Right..?

http://articles.latimes.com/keyword/wrongful-convictions

Classito

And we know the LE and DA would never get it wrong...Right..?

http://articles.latimes.com/keyword/wrongful-convictions

Classito

I'm not saying that law enforcement never gets it wrong. Believe me, I'm no law enforcement groupie, and I'm probably more critical of their method and tactics than most of the people in here. But in this case, everything divulged so far seems to point directly at Ronnie Towns, and nobody else.

There is the FACT that Towns bought a prepaid phone and was communicating back and forth with Runion.
This communication would have also shown up on Runions phone and possibly his home computer as well.

Someone upthread said he had an alibi. Sure he did, but after they checked into his alibi, they saw all kinds of inconsistencies and proof of deception. That's what highlighted him as a suspect right from the git-go.

After being interviewed, Towns runs off into the woods and hides. If he was innocent of this crime, knew nothing of it, and was being framed, why would he feel the need to leave his wife and child and go hide in the woods ?

Evidence was found at both the murder scene as well as his parents property tying him to the Runions. Has law enforcement issued a list publicly noting everything that was gathered ? Of course not. But, the evidence gathered in numerous locations points directly at Towns.

Last but not least, why would someone go through all of these elaborate steps to frame a quiet country boy from a little town in Georgia ? As the cops continue to gather evidence, and the pile grows thicker and higher, the only thing that anybody who knew him can proclaim is, "He was framed, He was framed, He was framed".

Fine. By Who ? Someone who is such a criminal mastermind that even sloppy mistakes lead directly back to and implicate Towns ? Someone who can travel around and plant evidence without being seen or noticed by anybody ?
Someone who is so adept at staging crime scenes that not a single piece of evidence points towards someone else being involved ?

He wasn't known to hang out with a bunch of unsavory characters, so who would these unsavory characters be that decided to frame him ?

I'm sure the conspiracy theorist out there will have a field day with all of these open-ended questions. I could twist and turn them around myself and come up with all kinds of different scenarios of how it "might" have gone down. But in reality, this wasn't a complicated crime.......it was just a really stupid one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robinhood0602
Back