Found Safe GA - Caitlin Winchester, 14, missing after first day at N. Atlanta High School, 5 Aug 2021 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm sorry, I don't know what a mini rant is, I googled it but I'm still not sure.
Basically a short (mini) speech about something that makes you angry. imo.
''speak or shout at length in a wild, impassioned way.
"she was still ranting on about the unfairness of it all"
google
Definition of RANT
to talk in a noisy, excited, or declamatory manner

At 14 she's probably a freshman and depending on how big the high school is I could certainly see her getting on the wrong bus, maybe even not realizing it, getting off in an unfamiliar area, and not having a charged phone to notify her parents after texting friends all day. MOO

At 14 she's probably a freshman and depending on how big the high school is I could certainly see her getting on the wrong bus, maybe even not realizing it, getting off in an unfamiliar area, and not having a charged phone to notify her parents after texting friends all day. MOO
This is my concern. I have a child who is similar age who is still easily confused about transportation and direction. I would be wanting them to check the cameras for EVERY bus to see if she got onto the wrong one and got off somewhere unfamiliar.

I believe I read she’s a straight-A student, so she must be bright and capable enough (IMO) to figure out how to contact her family if that was the only issue, one would think. She could borrow someone’s phone, go to a place of business and ask for help, etc.

I'm still confused that she texted her parents that she was on the bus. But according to LE, she never got on the bus, she was seen walking down the street. So either (a) she lied, or (b) someone else texted for her.

or she was on a different bus, unaware yet that she wasn't actually headed home.

But that only works in the short term....

jmho ymmv lrr

If all the buses were running late she may have started walking because her bus wasn't there yet? I wonder how far she lives from the school. Can't they ping her phone for location and look at phone records of her communication that day? MOO

Do the buses have cameras? I know a lot do, not sure about these. If so it would be easy to confirm if she had gotten on a bus and if she got off where.
I'm concerned that I'm not hearing much about her.

It looks like a big school with over 2,000 students. I counted 27 buses for North Atlanta HS.

Bus Routes / High School Routes
Bus Routes / High School Routes

That is A LOT of students and buses, and it's the first day of a new school year, first regular day back for in-person learning in 1 1/2 years, and first day at a new school for freshmen, which Caitlin is.

Obviously don't know what happened but I have serious questions about what kind of staff oversight was happening when school let out and kids were waiting for buses, boarding, panicking. I know that they are high schoolers and not elementary, but they are children nonetheless and it sounds like a bit of a free for all.

“We are accustomed to using the “where’s my bus app” and it’s usually pretty accurate. We looked for it, logged on and there was no data and no information yesterday and the school even admitted it wasn’t working for them,” Angela Winchester said.

“We spoke with a bus driver and she said actually there were so many buses running behind schedule, like super late, and there was a crowd of kids that said wait, wait, wait, I want to go home and kids that didn’t even belong on that bus were begging please take me home and they hopped on the wrong bus,” Angela Winchester said.

Do the buses have cameras? I know a lot do, not sure about these. If so it would be easy to confirm if she had gotten on a bus and if she got off where.
I'm concerned that I'm not hearing much about her.

"The school also told the Winchester’s that they reviewed video footage on Caitlin’s bus and did not see her on it."

No reason to think all of the buses don't have cameras but haven't seen confirmation they have all been checked.

or she was on a different bus, unaware yet that she wasn't actually headed home.

But that only works in the short term....

jmho ymmv lrr
It sounds like the end of the school day was chaotic, buses were late and kids were wanting to get home. If she was on the wrong bus and got off at an unfamiliar stop she could've encountered trouble. She was seen walking near the school. Google maps shows the streets mentioned would be in the direction of her home.
The article quoted her dad saying she decided to ride the bus home that day. I find that to be an odd statement. When did she decide that and what were the other options? She decided to ride the bus? As opposed to what? Getting a ride with a friend. MOO

Atlanta Public Schools released a statement Friday just before 4:30 p.m. and sent an update around 8:30 p.m., saying the student did not board a school bus Thursday afternoon after leaving school.

“The Atlanta Public Schools Police Department is investigating a report of a 14-year-old North Atlanta High School student who did not return to her home after the school day ended on Thursday, August. 5. The student did not board a school bus and reportedly was last seen walking along Northside Drive near the school.”

Update: North Atlanta High School student is reported missing - Reporter Newspapers

Seems they feel certain she did not board a school bus.

Well I could have a mini rant too...but it's not victim friendly at all.
I didnt get the idea that Modesty was ranting about the victims. I took it as she was wondering how these girls are getting lured away....is there some online activity working to lure the girls to them, and some return safely and some don't?

Maybe she decided to give up on the buses and walk home? That likely means that something happened to her between the school and her home, or wherever else she decided to go.

I don't know about anyone else, but when I was in high school, I was off the campus within 5m of the end of school bell at 3pm. I don't see any kid staying so long after that they're only getting on a bus 3 hours later, regardless of whatever confusion and chaos was going on with the schedule. Perhaps she decided to go somewhere that she didn't want to tell her parents about.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Renayz23
Back