GUILTY GA - Caliyah McNabb, 15 days, Newton County, 7 Oct 2017 *Arrests* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I believe the state said they have rested? I have to watch again as I was tied up as it was playing.
I don’t think Cortney or Chris are testifying.

Today was basically all there FB messenger texts and phone calls From jail. Also this morning two guys were talking. I forget there names.
Haha I’m really no help.

Neither McNabb nor Bell are taking the stand. Judge Ott wanted to make sure that they had made their own decisions and not influenced by their teams. A motion was put forward for McN, as there was no evidence that he killed her. No evidence that she was killed in the home. No evidence of any kind. Zilch.

Judge Ott was making changes and tomorrow morning, closing speeches then the Jury has all day for their deliberations.

At one point a witness called ? Kidd took the stand. He wa a friend of McNabb, knew his family, knew Bells family. Hung around at trailer home smoking meth and dope with them the evening /morning that Caliyah vanished.

Kidd told that at 7,41am he had a message from McN, couldn't sleep. Approximately an hour later Kidd had another message from McN, during the conversation McN told Kidd he had done it, killed aliyah. This wasn't reported. And yet the attorneys didn't question further on this.

9am start in Court tomorrow.

I believe the state said they have rested? I have to watch again as I was tied up as it was playing.
I don’t think Cortney or Chris are testifying.

Today was basically all there FB messenger texts and phone calls From jail. Also this morning two guys were talking. I forget there names.
Haha I’m really no help.
You were helpful! That's what happened:
Following testimony from a friend which may have cast doubt on the defense’s timeline of events surrounding the death of 15-day-old Caliyah McNabb in October 2017, both the state and defense rested their cases in the murder trial of Chris McNabb and Cortney Bell. Neither McNabb nor Bell will testify in their own defense.
Shane Kidd, a friend of McNabb’s father, and also a friend of McNabb and Bell, testified to hanging around with and smoking meth at various places with McNabb during the fall of 2017. Under questioning from District Attorney Layla Zon, Kidd stated that about 7:41 a.m. on Oct. 7, McNabb messaged him and asked where he was and said he was “whigging and tripping” and needed to get out of there, meaning the trailer. Kidd said “whigging and tripping” was slang for being on meth and means being “paranoid.”
More at the link.
McNabb/Bell Trial: Timeline surrounding baby's death in question; defense rests without calling parents to stand

Also, I've been reading the transcripts that Jewels posted upthread. IMO they are valuable, not just in this case but as insight into the minds of abusers/murderers. There's too much to say but it's worth reading them. A couple of points: The deflection to avoid talking about facts, the adamant insistence about not letting anyone else have your kids. IMO it's a gold mine. MOO.
Another link:
Baby Caliyah lived 2 weeks. A verdict in her parents’ trial could come Tuesday

Tuesday, May 14th:
*Trial continues (Day 6) for both-VERDICT WATCH! (@ 9am ET) - GA - Caliyah Claire McNabb (15 days old) (Oct, 7, 2017, Covington) - *Cortney Marie Bell (24/now 26), "mother" arrested & charged (10/18/17) indicted (1/5/18) & arraigned (1/23/18) with 2nd degree murder & 2nd degree cruelty to children & deprivation of a minor; taken into custody Sat. 1/6/18. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
*Christopher Michael McNabb (27/now 29) "father" arrested & charged (10/18/17) & indicted (1/5/18) & arraigned (1/23/18) on 8 counts for malice murder, 2 counts of felony murder, 2nd degree murder, aggravated battery, 2 counts of 1st & 2nd degree cruelty to children & concealing a death. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. Was under suicide watch.
Trial started 5/6/19 12 jurors (6 women & 6 men ranging in ages of 22 to 64. (2 alternates)
5/6/19: Jury selection is done. Trial continues on 5/7.
5/7/19 Day 1: Opening statements. 911 Operator (no name given). Newton County Sheriff’s Deputy Joshua Hicks (1st responding officer). Dep. Raymond Walden. Female officer (no name given). Timothy Bell (Bell's father). Mellisa Davis (neighbor). Megan Sorrells (Bell's cousin). Trial continues 5/8.
5/8/19 Day 2: Jurors took trip to see where Caliyah lived & crime scene. Cpl. Mickey Kitchens, Newton County Sheriff's Office investigator. Lora Darrisaw, a forensic pathologist. Kim Weatherford (Bell's Aunt). Pamela Hamby (Bell's mother). Trial continues to 5/9.
5/9/19 Day 3: Deputy Alexander. Craig Weatherford (McNabb's best friend). Loren Mackey (Driving car with McNabb and Bell when Caliyah was found). Julie Hannah, store clerk at Chevron. Trial continues on 5/10.
5/10/19 Day 4: Investigator Cpl Jeff Alexander (interrogation tapes with Bell after Caliyah was found & tape on Dec. 2018 played). Trial continues on 5/13.
5/13/19 Day 5: State witness: Shane Kidd. Prosecutors & defense rests. Jurors will begin deliberations on Tuesday, 5/14.

17 hour ago:

Jon Shirek‏Verified account @JonShirek

State has rested. Defense has no witnesses. Case will go to jury either this evening or in morning. Parents—on trial in Newton Co. accused in murder of their infant daughter Caliyah McNabb, in Oct. 2017. #11Alive

D6dhZkWW4AUxqqx.jpg

D6dhZkYWkAAHiqV.jpg

D6dhZkZXsAATnVw.jpg

Jon Shirek on Twitter

15 hours ago:

Jon Shirek‏Verified account @JonShirek

UPDATE: The judge just dismissed the jury for the day. Closing arguments will take place in the morning (Tue.). Then the jury will get the case. The parents are on trial in Newton Co., accused in the murder of their two-week-old daughter, Caliyah McNabb, in Oct., 2017. #11Alive

D6d82vfXkAA09ZW.jpg

D6d82viW0AIVF9W.jpg

D6d82vcW4AACO6O.jpg

Jon Shirek on Twitter

This is what horror stories are made from. I hope that this trial ends with a conviction for both of these frightening creatures. Sorry not sorry they both look evil. Justice for beautiful little Caliyah. Prayers for you on this thread for Caliyah this is gut wrenching. :mad::confused::(

Well, I wouldn't think it would take long but that's jmo. I do feel for the defense lawyer for having to cast doubt on the parent's involvement and how hard it must of been for them to make that dad presentable to the jury. The nice suit and glasses cannot hide those lovely facial tattoos...absolute yuk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back