GA - Caliyah McNabb, 15 days, Newton County, 7 Oct 2017 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What did she mean when she said she isn't in her sleeper? Her sleeper is here. Is she talking about clothing? I live in GA and that's what we call a long-sleeved onesie. Why would she be out of her clothing? Maybe she means some type of crib, but I've never heard them referred to as a sleeper.

Lol I agree with you but I’m pretty sure she’s referring to baby bed of some kind.

It's weird to me that she says "her blanket's not with us . . . I guess it's with her." Something about the wording is so odd!

During the conversation, mom says the 2 year old woke her up and said that the baby was gone and papa took her. Mom calls out for Caliyah as if the 2 week old could respond and says she's looked everywhere as if a 2 week old could just walk off and hide.

"I was sleeping and my 2 year old, I have a 2 year old and a 2 week old, and I was on the sofa because I just sat down and fell asleep and my 2 year old said she's gone" - close to exact first words. What do they tell us about extraneous information in 911 calls? They should go something like:

"911 - what is . ."
"My baby is missing - help!"

But no, we have a long tale before we get to the missing baby.

Looking under beds and clothes as if a 2 week old is playing hide and seek. Baby's daddy looking out in the yard and the motor home park.

What did she mean when she said she isn't in her sleeper? Her sleeper is here. Is she talking about clothing? I live in GA and that's what we call a long-sleeved onesie. Why would she be out of her clothing? Maybe she means some type of crib, but I've never heard them referred to as a sleeper.

I took it to mean a crib/pack and play...whatever she was sleeping in. I also think it is interesting she mentioned blanket. Was that the blue cloth? The reason I wonder is because
1) It isn’t recommended to place young babies to sleep with a blanket (though many people do)
and
2) I am in GA too and it was hot Fri/Sat especially Friday night, even with the storm coming in. I can’t imagine if she was in a thick sleeper such as the ones she is pictured in and a blanket. Of course, with her being a preemie she may have had issues maintaining body temp.

"Papa" is a popular name in the South that children call their fathers.

In the recording, I heard the 2 year old say Papa as if she was speaking to someone there.

I realize the mother told the dispatcher her father was on his way over. So, was the two year old speaking to the grandfather who had just arrived or her daddy?

Not only does she say they fell asleep on the couch, but her baby is MISSING and she says “I didn’t mean to fall asleep on the couch I just sat down for a minute AFTER DEALING WITH HER ALL NIGHT”

Really?? “Dealing with her”?

Fell asleep and smothered her? Or something happened earlier and spent all night covering up? Hmm

Wonder what the 2 year old really saw

I’m guessing like a rock n play (my son wouldn’t sleep in a bassinet at all) or a bassinet. And if it was “right there” and she was sleeping on the couch, and the 2 year old woke them up because the baby was gone.... why would you wait even a second to check on the 2 week old? My son is 7 months now, but at 2 weeks I woke up many many times through the night just to make sure he was breathing. She certainly said enough about “papa” taking the baby... that seems a bit of a set up... or they knew papa would have an alibi, so feel free to use his name? You can tell a 2 year old what to say and my god they will.

I’m just... ugh... sick to my stomach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also noticed a couple of other things. She said she was asleep on the couch because she accidentally fell asleep when she briefly sat down. Then said the 2 year old alerted her and the dad that the baby was gone. She commented they were asleep together on the couch. But prior to that she said she didn’t mean to fall asleep because she just sat down for a minute.

The other odd thing is she said the baby’s dad was looking outside and walking around the park looking for her. I could hear a male voice calmly talking in the background while she was on the phone. Was that the baby’s father or someone else?

I took it to mean a crib/pack and play...whatever she was sleeping in. I also think it is interesting she mentioned blanket. Was that the blue cloth? The reason I wonder is because
1) It isn’t recommended to place young babies to sleep with a blanket (though many people do)
and
2) I am in GA too and it was hot Fri/Sat especially Friday night, even with the storm coming in. I can’t imagine if she was in a thick sleeper such as the ones she is pictured in and a blanket. Of course, with her being a preemie she may have had issues maintaining body temp.
I thought the same thing. They could have had air conditioning on I guess, but the sleeper would be sufficient. The blanket would be too much I would think.

My daughter is pregnant and just yesterday we were going over the basics. I was telling her that she should never have anything in the crib with the baby. I said "Not even a blanket." :(

911 call...
Big Fat LIE!
Not beLIEving a word of it. She was acting like it's just another phone conversation with the 'thank yous'.

My shifty meter just blew up. [emoji849]

After hearing that call, now I really am not sure what's going on. The 2 yr old was acting strange?
Also, I kept hearing her about to cry but then trying to hold it together. She sounded desperate to me.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Well, I'm guessing "the blanket" is what she was wrapped in when found....

:rose: Rip Sweet Angel :rose:

Not only does she say they fell asleep on the couch, but her baby is MISSING and she says “I didn’t mean to fall asleep on the couch I just sat down for a minute AFTER DEALING WITH HER ALL NIGHT”

Really?? “Dealing with her”?[/

She must have been playing Go Fish or 35 card pick up.

Mid way through the call the mother said that the 2 yr old woke her up and told her the baby was gone. Then, toward the end she said when the two year old woke them up, she then sent the father in to check on the baby. Seems like a little slip up in her story there [emoji36]

She last saw the baby around 5am before she went to sleep on the couch and made the 911 call at 10:38am, after the 2 year old woke her up. Who sleeps until 10:30 with 2 babies in the house? NO ONE.

She's lying too.
A new mother definitely could sleep for 5 hours straight if no one/nothing woke her.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Like a bassinet.

Yes, I don't like the way she said 'after dealing with her all night.'

I'd say that about my 16 yr old, but not a newborn baby. Newborns are not forcing you to negotiate and 'deal with them' just to keep your sanity.

So if she describes a night with a 3 wk old preemie as 'dealing with her all night' ---something is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024