GUILTY GA - Charles Parker, 25, Athens, 15 Jan 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Knox, I found the PDF from that AAFS meeting... I was going to add a snip.
But-the PDF is 545 pages. Oops, no TY. Most of it is over my head anyways.

Nothing new on the investigation into Charles' murder that I can find.
Hope LE is making some progress.

Nothing new on the investigation into Charles' murder that I can find.
Hope LE is making some progress.

Nearly four months later, and no arrest that I can find. I just came across this case as I was searching for an update on another case. It sounds like an easy case to solve, but perhaps it's more complicated than it appears.

I have to wonder if Blockum's attempt to withdraw money from the investment account two days after Parker disappeared wasn't the first time he had his hand in the cookie jar. Why would he wait until Parker disappeared to return the money since he, too, had been stalling. By claiming he was going to return the money to investors, he pretty much acknowledged that he knew CP wouldn't be returning. Either way, his actions are very, very suspicious.

I'm curious to know the excuses Parker was giving the investors for not returning them their money. Was he confident they would eventually get the chicken farm underway? Or, had their funds come up short and then he became suspicious of Blockum shortly before his disappearance? I just have to wonder if Parker was placing too much trust in his business partner and was just starting to wise up ... but not quick enough, sadly.

I hope LE checked surveillance tapes near the locations where Parker's belongings were found, the day he went missing. If there was no blood in the car, I would have to think that CP was shot near the well where he was found. Else, the gunman had assistance. Which also brings to question: did LE check with taxi and bus companies downtown to determine whether anyone got a ride from downtown to VB's neighborhood, or the neighborhood of any other possible POI. If CP was killed near where he was found, then the killer must have driven CP's car downtown where it was abandoned. Or, again, there is an abettor involved.

No, nothing new at all. There was a HuffPost David Lohr article last week but just a refresher of the case to date.

I agree with everything you said Indy Anna. Seems like they could have arrested Blockum with a criminal record like he has. Too bad Charles did not do any research on this man. Such a shining and promising life taken for greed.

I was hoping this case would have moved forward by now. Thank you both for the updates!

This is interesting. Apparently, they do not think Blockum is the murderer? Reading between the lines anyways.

This article said more than 1 person did the deed.... I wonder if it was connected to the neighborhood where Charles' car was found.

http://onlineathens.com/local-news/...remain-confident-parker-murder-will-be-solved

Authorities remain confident Parker murder will be solved
1/15/14

During the course of what has proved to be a complex investigation, authorities have determined that whoever shot Parker to death on Jan. 15, 2012, did not act alone.

“We believe that more than one person was involved,” Mike Ayers, special agent in charge of the GBI Athens regional office, disclosed Tuesday during an interview with the Athens Banner-Herald.

“We are continuing to interview people and are making progress,” Ayers said. “This is a very complex investigation and it might seem like it’s not moving as rapidly as a typical case, but each case has its own life and moves at its own speed,” Ayers said.

Herold said the location the car and Parker’s belongings were found bore significance to the investigation but she would not elaborate.

Here is the Case Archive for Charles Parker:
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/cr...&page=1&_suid=1390358035765033318748071922854

Update.
This thread fell through the cracks, sorry about that. Charles murder was solved.

Updated Charles Parker Case Archive:
https://s296.photobucket.com/user/crankycrankerson/library/Charles Parker -GA-?page=1

Victor Blockum is indeed the murderer, and was indicted in May 2016. In order to escape a harsh sentence,
he accepted a plea deal in April 2018 and will serve 20 years with no parole.

Oxygen is featuring Charles Parker's story in a series called "Killer Motives".

Charles Parker had big dreams of running a thriving poultry business in Georgia when he was shot to death and then thrown down a well.
Seven years after, the 25-year-old’s life and brutal demise are being explored on Oxygen’s true-crime docuseries titled “Killer Motive.” The series investigates how dark and twisted motives drive some to commit gruesome killings across the country, and highlights interviews with loved ones, as well as law enforcement.

Georgia man who confessed to murdering business partner was driven by greed from poultry business: doc

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LinLu
Back