Identified! GA - Cherokee Co, Remains in Woods Behind Home on Purcell Ln, July 2018 - Gary Farris *wife arrested

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Georgia authorities have opened a homicide investigation into the death of a Tuscumbia native.

Reports from the Cherokee County (Georgia) Sheriff’s office said the remains found at a residence in the 2100 block of Purcell Lane near Alpharetta, Georgia, have been identified as those of Gary W. Farris, 58, a Deshler High School graduate.

Authorities said Farris’s death has been ruled a homicide.
Death of Tuscumbia native is homicide

Still no arrest? Also, no funeral or memorial arrangements put out by family that I can find? No obituary? Seems odd. No please from wife or family either... hmmm.

I wonder why the body needed identification? Maybe burned? I am dying to know which family member discovered him and called police as well.

It doesn't take long for a body to become unrecognizable--but these days it seems like they wait for DNA or dentals before confirming any ID.

NOTHING! Not even an obituary or anything I can find and absolutely ZERO from family. I can’t see all of their social media, but from what I can see, no one has changed or posted anything about losing him. Also I don’t know how I would search this, but don’t know of any arrests made either.
All IMOO

Yes, I was a client of his and his law firm, Burr & Forman. Gary was a real estate attorney so he wasn’t involved in any high profile cases besides being the attorney for large real estate projects in Atlanta. He was a great guy and liked by all. I haven’t asked any of his law partners for any inside information(yet). However, the lack of an obituary and a funeral service raises questions.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carmenbellaxx
Back