GA GA - Cindy Win Powers (Byrd), 27, Georgia, 1988

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think i know the one your talking about, is it Fulton County Jane Doe? She was discovered in 1988 and according to NamUs, they list Cindy's disappearance as being on January 1, 1989. I think that's just an estimate though.

Fulton County Jane Doe (1988)

The Doe Network: 522UFGA Cindy also resembles Newman Jane Doe but again, the timing is wrong.
Maybe. The first post said she was last seen in 1988 and now namus says 1989. She got divorced in 1994 but I'm not sure if she signed the divorce. Since her date of last contact is still listed as 1989 I'd guess not but Georgia doesn't have divorce records public. (Edit) the JD had a tattoo that Cindy Doesn't have and she(JD) doesn't have the tattoos or scars Cindy has.

Upon further google research it looks like Cindy wouldn't have to be present during the time her husband filed for divorce. Also can''t confirm if it was her or her ex-husband that filed for divorce. I'm assuming they both agreed to divorce because Cindy was said to be dating another man at the time of her disappearance. Georgia Divorce Process Explained Step By Step - eDivorce

On Cindy's namus they have a homicide detective listed as the investigating agency in Cindy's case. I looked him up on the Gwinnett gov website and it looks like he's only been assigned to homicides. (wow who would have thought.) For me nothing has really pointed to her being murdered other than if she was dating Bob in 1989. But they didn't specify what year that information came from.

Bump for Cindy. I couldn't find any more info and there's no rule-outs on her namus.

Bumping. Haven't been able to find new info on her. Her NAMUS has been updated recently (7/12/2021), hopefully some progress has been made.

Possible UP?
Estimated Age Group: Adult - Pre 40
Estimated Age Range (Years): 20-39
Height: 5' 3"-5' 6"
-Originally the posts in this thread listed Cindy's height as 5"1, put Charley Project lists the range of 5"1-5"3.

I see some similarity with the reconstruction having a longer face and pointed chin. Namus says one or more limbs not recovered and not recognizable, which could explain the profile not listing tattoos or scars to match to Cindy's. The long dark blonde hair matches, and she's in the age and weight ranges.

Does anyone have access to MyHeritage? I found Cindy on there but can't access all the information/files. She's under Nevada Marriages. https://www.myheritage.com/names/cindy_byrd
I have a membership with MyHeritage. Not sure if it’s too late or not. Here’s a screenshot of her showing up in other member trees. If you want me to look up a specific record just let me know. IMG_6625.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025
Back