GA GA - Decatur, BlkFem 30-50, UP111977, Wig, Unique Bracelets, Skeletal remains found in Wooded area, Nov'23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

ProudSuggestion3528

Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System
Unidentified Person
NamUs: UP111977
Female, Black / African American
Date Body Found: November 17, 2023
Location Found: Decatur, Georgia
Estimated Age Range: 30-50 Years

Case Numbers

ME/C Case Number: 23-2048

Demographics

Biological Sex: Female
Race / Ethnicity: Black / African American
Estimated Age Group: Adult - Pre 50
Estimated Age Range (Years): 30-50
Height: 5' 1"-5' 4"(61-64 inches), Estimated
Weight: Cannot Estimate

Circumstances​

Type: Unidentified Deceased
Date Body FoundNovember 17, 2023
NamUs Case Created: November 21, 2023

Location Found Map

County: DeKalb County
Found On Tribal Land: No
Circumstances of Recovery: These fully skeletonized remains were found by a hunter in a brushy/wooded area off the roadway. The remains were located about 20 feet off of the roadway and about 6-8 feet inside a brushy/wooded area. A deteriorated shirt was found on scene, as well as a pair of jeans.

Details of Recovery​

Condition of Remains: Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton

Distinctive Physical Features​

No Information Entered​

Physical Description​

Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown

Clothing

ItemDescriptionLocation
Accessories3 bracelets, One says "Besties"On the Body
ClothingWonder Nation Brand Jeans, Childrens Size 14On the Body
OtherRed/Magenta and Black WigNear the Body

Last edited:
I added the Physical Description which is all Unknown. Here is a recent case that I am having trouble finding media coverage for. I hope she can get her name back but I wonder if she has not been reported missing as her jeans like @Irishknit have mentioned are for a child but can fit a very petite adult. I am still trying to find some good matches, but maybe she is someone who has not been reported missing.

With the jeans being chid sized and wearing a bracelet with 'besties' on it, could this be a teen instead of someone 30+ years old?
Possibly but the ME seems to think that it is someone older than 30. Most of the African American women missing in GA that are over 30 do not fit the profile of this UID. There are a couple of younger ones that do. I also wonder if she was not reported missing which could make this case harder to solve.

Possible match - Talisha Smith, missing from College Park, GA. BlkFem, 45, 5"1, 115 lbs.
I would submit to LE/ME.

1 Rule Out (MP Exclusion)

MP80677 - Tiffany Foster - DLC: March 1, 2021; Location: Coweta, GA

NamUs listing for UP111977 has been updated to include Tiffany Foster as a rule out.

Her jeans are Wonder Nation, a Walmart private label that was only introduced in 2018: WALMART UNVEILS NEW PRIVATE LABEL APPAREL BRANDS IN EFFORTS TO COMPETE WITH TARGET, AMAZON

Wearing kids 14 pants makes me think this doe was of slight/slim stature - they're from Walmart which also has a Women's section with small pants, but kids pants are cut straighter. There's no weight listed for her so just trying to come up with any other info for search criteria.

Last edited:
Highland Road is a 0.4 mi road off of Covington Highway that dead ends in a cul-de-sac by a small church. It starts out residential, with single family homes not too far from the road, but then there's woods just past that, before you get to the church. When I "walk" down it in Google street view, there's a sign advising no dumping, so this may be a known area for disposing of trash, etc. This bit of Covington Hwy is just off of I-285, which rings the city of Atlanta.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot
Back