GA GA - Detrez Green, 2, missing after tornado, Ashburn, 22 Jan 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Another thing that jumps out at me and that is no one that lived in the MHP this family lived in has come out and said they saw little Detrez even before the tornado struck. I would have thought one of the neighbors would have been interviewed saying they saw him from time to time playing in his yard but nothing.

And it seems if the police were digging on the property where he and his family use to live in Ashburn they haven't found anyone in this same mobile home park that has ever seen this little guy.:( If they had substantiated he lived there with his parents then I dont think they would be going back to where he use to live with his grandparents and parents digging on that property.

Their excuse of having 'no power' just doesnt cut it for me. Like I said earlier there were many LE and first responders on site shortly afterwards that they could have verbally contacted on site plus others who lived in the same MHP were there where the parents could have used their cell phones to call 911 and report him missing then!

I do not believe he was a victim of the tornado but I do think he is a victim and I hope and pray justice comes for this little innocent boy and they find him wherever he may be. The entire communities have grieved over the loss of life and especially Detrez since he was so young and innocent and the only one who remains missing.

IF he was harmed purposefully before the tornado even happened then his parents have betrayed everyone who has spent countless hours searching for him. We all had such hope that a miracle would happen and he would be our miracle child amid all of the tremendous devastation that has completely wiped out many areas not only in Albany but in five other counties as well.

I just read that 41 tornadoes struck Georgia during January 21-22-2017 which has set a new record for our state.

I pray that the GBI will uncover the truth one way or the other. No one wants to think parents are capable of this but sadly we here at WS knows it does happen.

I have read about others who have committed homicides and tried to blame a natural disaster. That is why even when victims are found in the area of a natural disaster the ME must always do an autopsy to make sure they died from injuries sustained in the disaster.

Where are you little Detrez??? Your communites care about you little one and wants you to be found so badly. You have become everyone's little boy here. I pray they do find you and soon. The searchers continue to search and all those in the area have been told to be on the lookout for any signs that he is in the area.

im thinking what you are. who has toddlers outside when a tornado is approaching? the hinky meter is on high. who last saw this child outside his parents?

The interview with the father really has me concerned....I hope this isn't going to end the way I'm thinking.

can I add that my toddlers would certainly cling to me as if their life depended on it in the face of a loud scary disaster?

Another thing that jumps out at me and that is no one that lived in the MHP this family lived in has come out and said they saw little Detrez even before the tornado struck. I would have thought one of the neighbors would have been interviewed saying they saw him from time to time playing in his yard but nothing.

And it seems if the police were digging on the property where he and his family use to live in Ashburn they haven't found anyone in this same mobile home park that has ever seen this little guy.:( If they had substantiated he lived there with his parents then I dont think they would be going back to where he use to live with his grandparents and parents digging on that property.

Their excuse of having 'no power' just doesnt cut it for me. Like I said earlier there were many LE and first responders on site shortly afterwards that they could have verbally contacted on site plus others who lived in the same MHP were there where the parents could have used their cell phones to call 911 and report him missing then!

I do not believe he was a victim of the tornado but I do think he is a victim and I hope and pray justice comes for this little innocent boy and they find him wherever he may be. The entire communities have grieved over the loss of life and especially Detrez since he was so young and innocent and the only one who remains missing.

IF he was harmed purposefully before the tornado even happened then his parents have betrayed everyone who has spent countless hours searching for him. We all had such hope that a miracle would happen and he would be our miracle child amid all of the tremendous devastation that has completely wiped out many areas not only in Albany but in five other counties as well.

I just read that 41 tornadoes struck Georgia during January 21-22-2017 which has set a new record for our state.

I pray that the GBI will uncover the truth one way or the other. No one wants to think parents are capable of this but sadly we here at WS knows it does happen.

I have read about others who have committed homicides and tried to blame a natural disaster. That is why even when victims are found in the area of a natural disaster the ME must always do an autopsy to make sure they died from injuries sustained in the disaster.

Where are you little Detrez??? Your communites care about you little one and wants you to be found so badly. You have become everyone's little boy here. I pray they do find you and soon. The searchers continue to search and all those in the area have been told to be on the lookout for any signs that he is in the area.

My thoughts are much the same as yours, obe I searched high and low today for any articles that mentioned someone had ever seen this child before. Not a word was found. Where are other relatives who could be speaking up? Grandparents, neighbors, anyone? I have such a sinking feeling I cannot shake.

can I add that my toddlers would certainly cling to me as if their life depended on it in the face of a loud scary disaster?

Exactly, especially since they knew beforehand the tornado was coming and it was going to be bad. Why would any parent just let their small little child roam around the kitchen heading toward the BACKDOOR of all places? Even a small child would pick up on the seriousness of it from their parents and would be clinging tightly to one of them and the parent would make sure they were all in the safest place in their home together!

The timing is just off to me. They said immediately when the tornado hit a large oak tree fell through their roof into the kitchen area. Our oaks here are massive. So how did he manage to escape getting hit by the huge uprooted tree that has massive branches and just disappear and after 10 days he is still no where to be found anywhere in the debris field area? Yet the parents got out without a scratch?

I hope I am wrong about all of this. I truly hope if he is dead he was a victim of the tornado but things are looking like that simply isnt the case.

The GBI would have no need to go back to his prior residence if they have evidence showing them he did live in the MHP with his mom and dad at the time when the tornado stuck. Imo, that is why no neighbors have spoken out in the media about him.

It makes me wonder just how much the grandparents know and how long it has been since they have even seen him.

Who just lets their child sit there playing with a toy during what could be a life threatening situation? His story is inconsistent with DGs mother who said he was up walking around in the kitchen heading toward the backdoor. Her statement seems outrageous and nonsensical to me as a mother myself. None of my children would be anywhere near a backdoor knowing a tornado can suck them out of it at any second if they still lived at home with us. They would be tightly held in my arms and my husband's the entire time covered with pillows or a mattress to protect them as much as we possibly could with both of us shielding their bodies with ours.

Our county was also in a high risk alert from Friday through Sunday because they knew it was heading our way but not exactly where it was going to hit until about 20 mintues before it touched down. Several times our alarm system went off alerting us to bad weather in our area and we had to get in our hallway several times that weekend. Every time we did we made sure our two doggies were with us and protected under many pillows and a single bed mattress. But these parents couldnt try to protect a small vulnerable child and instead let him roam freely? None of it makes sense and that is why the majority of those in the communities here have questioned his disappearance from the very beginning.

I do pray that whatever happened to him he is found so he can be given a proper burial.:( I know the citizens in the area would all come together to see he is buried respectfully and would pay for all of the funeral expenses. It has broken so many of our hearts to know he has not been found.

My thoughts are much the same as yours, obe I searched high and low today for any articles that mentioned someone had ever seen this child before. Not a word was found. Where are other relatives who could be speaking up? Grandparents, neighbors, anyone? I have such a sinking feeling I cannot shake.

Melissa Hodges is a friend of mine and she is a reporter here for one of our local tv stations. She said she cant find anyone in Albany that knew this little boy. Believe me she has tried unsuccessfully to get an interview with anyone who knew or had seen him in the past where he was supposed to have lived when the tornado struck.

I dont think DG ever lived in Albany. I think something happened to him before they both moved from Ashburn to Albany. JMO though.

exactly.... although the grandparents may not know because they may have timed their move to the baby's "disappearance" then acted scarce after they moved.

Exactly, especially since they knew beforehand the tornado was coming and it was going to be bad. Why would any parent just let their small little child roam around the kitchen heading toward the BACKDOOR of all places? Even a small child would pick up on the seriousness of it from their parents and would be clinging tightly to one of them and the parent would make sure they were all in the safest place in their home together!

The timing is just off to me. They said immediately when the tornado hit a large oak tree fell through their roof into the kitchen area. Our oaks here are massive. So how did he manage to escape getting hit by the huge uprooted tree that has massive branches and just disappear and after 10 days he is still no where to be found anywhere in the debris field area? Yet the parents got out without a scratch?

I hope I am wrong about all of this. I truly hope if he is dead he was a victim of the tornado but things are looking like that simply isnt the case.

The GBI would have no need to go back to his prior residence if they have evidence showing them he did live in the MHP with his mom and dad at the time when the tornado stuck. Imo, that is why no neighbors have spoken out in the media about him.

It makes me wonder just how much the grandparents know and how long it has been since they have even seen him.

Who just lets their child sit there playing with a toy during what could be a life threatening situation? His story is inconsistent with DGs mother who said he was up walking around in the kitchen heading toward the backdoor. Her statement seems outrageous and nonsensical to me as a mother myself. None of my children would be anywhere near a backdoor knowing a tornado can suck them out of it at any second. They would be tightly held in my arms and my husband's the entire time covered with pillows or a mattress to protect them as much as we possibly could with both of us shielding their bodies with ours.

Our county was also in a high risk alert from Friday through Sunday because they knew it was heading our way but not exactly where it was going to hit until about 20 mintues before it touched down. Several times our alarm system went off alerting us to bad weather in our area and we had to get in our hallway several times that weekend. Every time we did we made sure our two doggies were with us and protected under many pillows and a single bed mattress. But these parents couldnt try to protect a small vulnerable child and instead let him roam freely? None of it makes sense and that is why the majority of those in the communities here have questioned his disappearance from the very beginning.

I do pray that whatever happened to him he is found so he can be given a proper burial.:( I know the citizens in the area would all come together to see he is buried respectfully and would pay for all of the funeral expenses. It has broken so many of our hearts to know he has not been found.

Melissa Hodges is a friend of mine and she is a reporter here for one of our local tv stations. She said she cant find anyone in Albany that knew this little boy. Believe me she has tried unsuccessfully to get an interview with anyone who knew or had seen him in the past where he was supposed to have lived when the tornado struck.

I dont think DG ever lived in Albany. I think something happened to him before they both moved from Ashburn to Albany. JMO though.

Dang it ..... I am getting more upset. Seeing officials doing digging of any sort at the old house, made me think they believe something happened to him while living at that house. Still wonder when they moved from there and if they went to the mobile park from there. No reaching out to media or community for help in finding him was when my first doubts started creeping in; then I started to wonder if a little boy had ever existed. From the 2014 domestic abuse reports, I would say he was likely the newborn then .... when since that time was he last seen by anyone? And is there still another young child in the family (there were two little ones in 2014). questions, questions, and no answers.

How awful :( I hope this little guy is found soon. And, as much as I don't want anything to have happened to him, I hope it really was the tornado.

Were these tornadoes on a weekend? Possibly a Sunday?
ETA...off topic and not relating to the little boy going missing as a result of the tornadoes or?

Hi Guys!

I've been out of town this week and thought for sure I'd come home to see this case resolved one way or another. Like y'all, my hinky meter's jittering too. Maybe msm misquoted him but if not, well, what father says "I just hope they find him" about their child? And what kind of parents wait 6 hours !! before reporting their kid missing after a tornado?

I could almost imagine that Detraz might have been picked up by the tornado and dropped a long distance away, like in that movie "Twister," except when I read that no one has a picture of the little guy I found it nearly impossible to believe this is an innocent loss.

IMO most of us were suspicious from the get go - again, wouldn't you expect the parents of a toddler to grab him and keep him close while a tornado was bearing down on them instead of "letting" him go running through the house? And I'm not sure exactly how that oak tree plays into this scenario.

Sigh, I'm afraid this is going down as another case here of foul play by parent. :( But thanks all of you, especially oceanblueeyes, for keeping me informed.

Were these tornadoes on a weekend? Possibly a Sunday?
ETA...off topic and not relating to the little boy going missing as a result of the tornadoes or?

Yes, the tornado that struck Albany/Dougherty county was on Jan. 22nd (sunday) at around 3:30 in the afternoon. The parents of the missing child reported him missing six hours later at around 9:30 at night.

In a two day span Georgia had 41 tornadoes touch down. The tornado that stuck Albany was a mile and a half wide-wind speed 150 MPH and traveled over 70 miles touching down in five counties after destroying a large part of the east side of Albany. 7 were killed in Adel Georgia at an occupied MHP. Albany sustained 5 deaths not including this missing child.

I hope my feelings are wrong. I do want to say we had a mouse in the house, we have 2 kids, both of which hung onto my neck like the world was coming to an end, couldn't get them off of me, had to walk with both kids hanging from my neck to get to the phone to get help. This was for a mouse, couldn't imagine what a tornado would have done. Just saying. Again, praying i'm wrong. IMO

with that being said, I too, would like to know who saw this child prior to the tornado.

Yes, the tornado that struck Albany/Dougherty county was on Jan. 22nd (sunday) at around 3:30 in the afternoon. The parents of the missing child reported him missing six hours later at around 9:30 at night.

In a two day span Georgia had 41 tornadoes touch down. The tornado that stuck Albany was a mile and a half wide-wind speed 150 MPH and traveled over 70 miles touching down in five counties after destroying a large part of the east side of Albany. 7 were killed in Adel Georgia at an occupied MHP. Albany sustained 5 deaths not including this missing child.
Thanks, that is south of us. The weather was still bad here. I only know because my one son was out and about and I kept an eye on the weather. Finally, I said...please come home now!
I think Sat was bad here also but nothing like sunday.

As for the little boy...no pics? I sadly see it going the way of others that have no pics of their young child. :(

https://www.facebook.com/pg/DeniseDillonFOX5/posts/?ref=page_internal
mobile home where the child was reported to have gone missing after tornado, according to Fox5

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0874.JPG
    IMG_0874.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 518
This link states they had 2 other children with them when tornado hit.I wonder the children's ages and if they have been questioned about Detraz?

Thank ylu ... I had overlooked that bit about three children with them originally. I am going to take a wild guess that one is older and one is younger than Detraz, based on the info from the domestic abuse call in 2014 (when there were two children present)

https://www.facebook.com/pg/DeniseDillonFOX5/posts/?ref=page_internal
mobile home where the child was reported to have gone missing after tornado, according to Fox5

attachment.php

Thank you for the photo.

However; it leaves me somewhat confused if this is the home they lived in. Even though the tornado did push it over to one side the entire mobile home did not come off of its concrete foundation. I see where the ridge cap at the top roof line blew off which left the middle seam open where the home is joined together when its erected on site. In many areas on the side showing in the photo it didn't even tear off the plastic membrane put up for moisture barrier protection and to further insulate the home. The home looks like a rather newer model.

But what I am confused about is they said a large oak tree landed in the kitchen area of the home. The searchers even had to carefully cut the tree up piece by piece to see if he was under it. In a typical floor plan for a double wide mobile the kitchen is usually on the backside of the home near the back exit door. I am assuming all of this from personal experience in selling these type of homes for years when I had my real estate business. The backside is what cant be seen in the photo and the photo was taken of the front of it. This would be consistent with Detraz' mother saying she saw him walking around in the kitchen going toward the backdoor. The door opening seen in the photo has to be the front side of the home. Yet when looking toward the backside of the home I don't see a large oak tree down that went through the roof but I do see one that is smaller where it looks like some of the branches may have gone into the kitchen area on the backside. The oak itself seems to be still standing if I am looking at it correctly but I can see a branch still out above the roof line on the back. It is on the far side of the photo. I do see a large broken pine tree on the side of the home but most of it is left standing and the upper part of the pine wouldn't do a lot of damage since the weight and girth of the pine is mostly still standing.

So it makes me wonder if this is really the home or not. Many of the mobile homes in the area exploded from the force of the wind as if they never existed and were found many yards away in shattered splintered pieces. The only thing showing that there had been mobile homes there was the concrete foundation where the homes use to be.

There is still no word on DG and he hasn't been found. I am sure the GBI is continuing to investigate.

There were several MPHs that were affected by the tornado. I am going to try and go back and see if DG is the only supposed victim in this particular park and see what I can find out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee
Back