GUILTY GA - Diane McIver, 63, fatally shot, Atlanta, 25 Sept 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What in the world is this about and who heard this ...was it in open court?

The jurors weren't there but everyone else was. Apparently they had said yesterday they wanted to deliberate through lunch but I guess they changed their minds. IMO the judge was commenting on why they may have decided to take a lunch break.

can you tell me what about her made them want her on?

IDK, but remember when her tardiness thing was going on and some jurors were upset, I read something that both sides wanted her there.

Please forgive this question falling randomly but I'm trying to catch up. I'm wondering why Tex would need to borrow money from Diane if he was a prominent attorney? Did hhe suffer a big loss of some kind? TIA

The law firm where McIver worked, Fisher Phillips, demoted McIver from an Equity Partner to an income partner in January 2014. His income went from approx. $570k to $275k in the fiscal year prior to Diane McIver's death.

http://www.abajournal.com/news/arti...ay_and_demoted_him_before_he_shot_his_wife_fi

I have lived in Atlanta for over 20 years. I have to agree with everyone, if McIver knew he was near Grady as he told the Detective, then he knew that Grady was the place to take a gunshot victim. There are commercials for the last several years on all of the local TV stations, heralding Grady as a Level 1 Trauma Center. Grady is the busiest Level 1 Trauma Center in the state of Georgia. Grady even had a bumper sticker campaign, "Take me to Grady".

IMOO, this is a big red flag for me. If you are near Grady, then you don't tell someone to drive to Emory ER.

I have lived in Atlanta for over 20 years. I have to agree with everyone, if McIver knew he was near Grady as he told the Detective, then he knew that Grady was the place to take a gunshot victim. There are commercials for the last several years on all of the local TV stations, heralding Grady as a Level 1 Trauma Center. Grady is the busiest Level 1 Trauma Center in the state of Georgia. Grady even had a bumper sticker campaign, "Take me to Grady".

IMOO, this is a big red flag for me. If you are near Grady, then you don't tell someone to drive to Emory ER.

As I'm not from the area, it's interesting to me to hear things such as this from locals. At first, hearing the story that he instructed DJC to go to Emory rather than Grady didn't mean much to me. But hearing this from you and others who have said it sure does put a big red flag up for me.

a commentator this morning said that maybe this incredibly ill conceived murder plot was on purpose as no one would ever think he could plan something this dumb and he would get away with it. Honestly I just don't know anymore.

I have a hard time believing he thought he would be better off with Diane dead. I don’t think she was about to foreclose on the ranch and by all accounts they loved each other. It isn’t like he killed her solely so his son could inherit the ranch. I would have a hard time deciding if I were a juror.

I must admit, this whole circus today with the judge admitting evidence AFTER the state ended it's case, closing arguments, jury instructions and the jury had been deliberating for some 9 hours or so...then allowing the jurors and all (including the media) to do their own experiment with the SUV and gun...then to have media tweet about it...........has been something I have never seen before. During deliberations?

Just doesn't seem right to me.

Mike Petchenik@MPetchenikWSB
2m2 minutes ago
If jurors don't have a verdict by 5PM, they indicated they want to head home for tonight. Stay tuned. #TexMcIver.

Aungelique Proctor@aungeliquefox5
2m2 minutes ago
Jurors have their light on in #TexMcIver murder trial. @FOX5Atlanta – at Superior Court of Fulton County

Law & Crime Network@LawCrimeNetwork
1m1 minute ago
#TexMcIver - Jurors are going home for the day. They will return tomorrow.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jurors are going home for the day per twitter.

Jurors dismissed for the day. Back again tomorrow morning at 9 am. Planning on deliberating from 9 to 4.

Another day... :gaah:

2m2 minutes ago
Jury foreman says they want to work 9-4 on Friday. #TexMcIver.

Cathy Russon@cathyrusson
2m2 minutes ago
#TexMcIver - Jurors have deliberated for approx 15 1/2 hours without a verdict. They will resume again tomorrow morning at 9.

2m2 minutes ago
Jury foreman says they want to work 9-4 on Friday. #TexMcIver.

well not sure what that means other than someone has plans.

Do you think the prosecution should have brought this ad campaign up and paired it with Tex's interrogation video where he mentions they were near Grady? I would have no idea where to go in my region for a gunshot wound, but it sounds like Atlantans would or should know, especially an attorney from the area.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

The law firm where McIver worked, Fisher Phillips, demoted McIver from an Equity Partner to an income partner in January 2014. His income went from approx. $570k to $275k in the fiscal year prior to Diane McIver's death.

http://www.abajournal.com/news/arti...ay_and_demoted_him_before_he_shot_his_wife_fi
Why was he demoted, exactly? Is this a common thing in law firms? It sounds humiliating. I wonder what Diane thought about his demotion? I read the article and there weren't any specifics.

Do you think the prosecution should have brought this ad campaign up and paired it with Tex's interrogation video where he mentions they were near Grady? I would have no idea where to go in my region for a gunshot wound, but it sounds like Atlantans would or should know, especially an attorney from the area.

His mention of Grady in the interview is the first time I heard it today....and I have watched much of the trial...i never heard Rucker mention it and also ATL seems fairly unique in the way they really educate everyone about the hospitals....i think state could have used that more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo8877