GUILTY GA - Eight family members brutally murdered in Brunswick home, 29 Aug 2009

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes, welcome, justagirlnamedSTORMY! I am not too far away - in Augusta. I haven't heard anything about this other than what everyone else had heard. I hope there were no children involved!

Good evening. I live in Brunswick and wanted to say a couple of things after reading the posts. Many of the locals have faith in Doering and our LE abilities. I know that I do and as a retired Medic & firefighter, I've worked with a good many of them. He tends to hold back information, but I do think he would release information if there was an immediate threat or circumstance that warrants releasing information. He was quick to release information during the search for Christopher two years ago and I think he does an excellent job.

What Brunswick is more concerned with right now... this is 3rd incident in this week involving guns. The two separate murders earlier this week were solved. One involving a former friend & classmate was solved even before he was laid to rest. Murders are not a normal thing here in Brunswick at all.

I'll be happy to pass on anything new when and if I learn of it.

Welcome to WS, Goldheartnumb and Stormy~

I am so sorry about your former friend and classmate, Gold. I read about that murder earlier and it sounds like the LE there were very efficient in resolving it. I know it must be terribly difficult to have this horrific crime on the heels of the others.

Stormy, it is always unsettling when things happen so close to home. It interrupts the sense of peace and security people often take for granted. Tragedies can strike anywhere, unfortunately.

I hope they find the perp or perps who are responsible for this carnage and get them off the streets in short order. Anyone who can do something like this should never see the light of day again.

Does this appear to be gang or drug related? Domestic?

My heart truly goes out for the kids who are trying to survive with the knowledge their family is gone. The way I read it in one article is they are teens. Do we have a confirmation on this yet?

No confirmation as of yet, but I have a firefighter friend that stated on his FB page a little while ago : " the victims of that terrible crime today are 1st cousins of my sis-in-laws' husband-he is bearly holding it together at this point- and one of the victims went to school and rode the same bus as my son".

I know his son is 12, so one victim may be around the same age.

So far, there has not been much information though, even as rumor.

By the way, I'm not new. I've just been away and don't post very often unless I think I need to post. Thanks for the warm welcome back, though.

Richard_
“Run, tell that!”
icon_mini_judge.png
Judge it!http://www.topix.com/forum/city/brunswick-ga/TO9OVPT5TMR3414OH# |
#11 6 hrs ago

JustMe wrote:
They have the murder suspect in custody for Jeff's murder, so I don't see how these 2 different murders could be related.
Because, a person posting on the pizza hut murder, which happened last weekend, claimed they were a twin brother and avowed to seek justice on the killer. Next thing you know, there is an arrest in the pizza hut murder and then a little later, there is a massacre in a trailer park.

Therefore, you were thinking, that I was thinking, that the pizza hut murderer also murdered the trailer park people. When, in reality, I was thinking that the so called as posted twin brother of the pizza hut victim was seeking out revenge against his brother's murderer by shooting up the murderer's family.

Evidently, you were thinking simple simon and I was thinking more like, "one week planner" complexity.

HELP! There is supposed to be a live presser at 9 a.m. [now]. Anybody know where I can watch it? thx

I found this on topix :

thorned

#4. 18 hrs ago

my sister works in the emergency room and said yes 9 people were shot in the head last night and two are still alive, the two still alive are 5 and 16 years old

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/brunswick-ga

While I understand curiosity this sort of thing really irritates me, the sister in the ER should be fired and criminal charges filed against her. I know people in the medical field and it truly astounds me when some speak of patients....

If they're not looking for a suspect, then LE already knows what happened (the suspect is one of the dead or injured) and are just not releasing the facts until they confirm. JMHO.

Matt Doering just stated in a press conference that none of the victims are involved in the murders. All of the victims lived in the mobile home. He stated there is at least one other resident of the mobile home that is not accounted for yet.

I have been to Brunswick so many times and love the town. Lots of old historical sites there.

I am confused somewhat on this gripping case.

Do the police believe the person or persons who did this are at large or do they think this was a murder/suicide case?

thanks in advance.

imo

Matt Doering just stated in a press conference that none of the victims are involved in the murders. All of the victims lived in the mobile home. He stated there is at least one other resident of the mobile home that is not accounted for yet.

Thank you.

Oh my goodness I wonder who that family member is. Surely they would rush to be with their other family who is having to deal with the terrible losses and the two remaining injured children.

imo

this is horrible. And folks heard nothing. i don't believe it. i am going to ponder drug related and folks are frightened.

If they're not looking for a suspect, then LE already knows what happened (the suspect is one of the dead or injured) and are just not releasing the facts until they confirm. JMHO.

Hi just wanted to say HI to everyone ,I am new to the site. I am a major crime buff. This one really sounds sad. Donna

I have been to Brunswick so many times and love the town. Lots of old historical sites there.

I am confused somewhat on this gripping case.

Do the police believe the person or persons who did this are at large or do they think this was a murder/suicide case?

thanks in advance.

imo

During the press conference this mornng, a reporter asked if they think it may be a murder/suicide. Doering's answer was that he did not know. The reporter pressed him for more information stating that he had just said that none of the victims were involved or suspected to be the murderer. The police chief answered that he could not speculate or rule out a murder/suicide because know one knows who did it nor whether the murderer committed suicide after leaving the scene. So, he basically answered that the murderer may be at large or may have committed suicide after leaving the scene. He wouldn't speculate but did confirm that the murderer was not among the dead found in the mobile home.

The press conference from this morning will probably be found on this Jacksonville news site since they have a video of yesterdays press conference posted. Matt Doering was very patient this morning and allowed a relatively long question and answer session.

http://www.news4jax.com/video/20623251/index.html

Police said Sunday they arrested a family member who called 911 to report finding seven people slain in a southeast Georgia mobile home, but the charges were drug-related and police wouldn't say if the man was a suspect in the killings. Glynn County Police Chief Matt Doering said Guy Heinze Jr., 22, was arrested late Saturday and charged with illegal possession of prescription drugs and marijuana, tampering with evidence and making false statements to police.
"He was a family member who came home and discovered (the victims), at least that's what he told us," Doering told reporters. "He was the one who called 911."
Asked if police believe Heinze was involved in the slayings, Doering said: "I'm not going to characterize him as a suspect."
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090830/ap_on_re_us/us_mobile_home_slayings

Police said Sunday they arrested a family member who called 911 to report finding seven people slain in a southeast Georgia mobile home, but the charges were drug-related and police wouldn't say if the man was a suspect in the killings. Glynn County Police Chief Matt Doering said Guy Heinze Jr., 22, was arrested late Saturday and charged with illegal possession of prescription drugs and marijuana, tampering with evidence and making false statements to police.
"He was a family member who came home and discovered (the victims), at least that's what he told us," Doering told reporters. "He was the one who called 911."
Asked if police believe Heinze was involved in the slayings, Doering said: "I'm not going to characterize him as a suspect."
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090830/ap_on_re_us/us_mobile_home_slayings

It just make sense to me that the time he called in is not when they died or were shot. It seems the only way he could kill them is if they all were sleeping at the time if the media is correct in saying they were all shot in the head. He may have muffled the gun somehow.

Maybe his family had thrown him out of the house recently.

It just makes sense that he is most likely the one that has done this unforgivable crime. I sure hope the children pull through and can help police.

How tragic. An entire family just wiped out.

While I understand curiosity this sort of thing really irritates me, the sister in the ER should be fired and criminal charges filed against her. I know people in the medical field and it truly astounds me when some speak of patients....

I totally understand your point, but to be fair, the sister was not identified as a medical provider. She might have been a receptionist, a cafeteria worker, or a custodian for all we know. She STILL should keep her mouth shut, but *if* she isn't a medical staffer, then at least she isn't breaking privacy laws.

OMG, I'm shocked to find out who this is. My son has known him since they were about 9 years old. He accidently set him on fire once when they were children. He hasn't seen or had contact with him in quite a few years.

Actually, they'd probably have a hard time getting the woman in trouble...she didn't release private medical info and usually names/ages of patients are public information (Unless they are listed as CNF....and usually all victims of crime are, unless they 1. don't feel they are in danger and 2. they wouldn't have been admitted yet in the ER, and therefor, couldn't have been labeled "Confidential" until after that point. Happens a lot. Beyond that, HIPPA applies. (Personally, I wouldn't risk my job, as the person is treading on a fine line...but that's just me...I do work with patient information in a huge hospital)

Sorry to annoy you...I just thought I'd post that for everyone to read...sorry.

Just saw the hospital they took victims to...and may I personally say that they aren't known for their efficiency?? =P That's all I can say, I guess. I'm not surprised.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Checkyourhead
Back