GUILTY GA - Eight family members brutally murdered in Brunswick home, 29 Aug 2009

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
but i did find a link with all kinds of over looked information. This link mentions bodies being in the kitchen which blows the they were all asleep thing out of the water. http://www.thebrunswicknews.com/open_access/newhopeplantationslayings/CRIME-SCENE-083109

We have heard several times since this article that the bodies were found in bed or on the floor. With 10 people staying in that small trailer, I wouldn't be at all surprised if one or more slept on the floor in the kitchen.

I believe the sheriff knows what he's talking about, but if he beat 8 people to death plus beat the young child, why wasn't he covered in blood? Have his bloody clothes been found, the weapon? I would think even his shoes would be covered.

I think that is why local posters have said that LE continues to search a stretch of about a 15 mile radius around the home. You are right, he had to be soaked with blood one would think. Bludgeoning cases are the most brutal. A lot of rage to come right up to someone in close contact and murder them one by one this way. This is not a drug hit. Drug dealers shoot not come into close contact with the people in the home. IMO, this is about deep seeded rage and very personal.

He would certainly have spatter on his shoes with the ones he murdered in the kitchen but may not have if he killed the others in their beds where his shoes would be underneath the edge of the bed but his clothing would.

I think he ditched the weapon tools used, shoes and clothing when he left after doing these crimes. I certainly hope there is someone with a very good memory that knows if any items JR. carried for construction are missing, such as a pry bar or hammer.

However in the Pamela Vitale murder she was bludgeoned 39 times and the suspect had no blood on him except in one or two spots, iirc. They also found a bloody boot print in her home in that case but with Jr. returning inside the home that will be harder to prove. UNLESS they believe that the blood should have started congealing by the time he said he returned. If the blood had dried then no footprint enmeshed down in the blood should be there of his or bloody fingerprints on the wall that belong to him and the blood of any of the victims.

Most likely one of the men may have been up and in the kitchen. The victim may have had his back to the door that Jr. came in so he would have the element of surprise. Once struck with the powerful blow he would collapse on the floor and Jr. could strike him at will again. Then he proceeded through the rest of the house that he knew very well and killed the others most likely when they were sleeping in the living room and bedrooms.

My thought is why was he visiting his very young brother in the middle of the night and not leaving until 5:40 am? Did he go there to tell him that his father had kicked him out of the house and he wouldn't be moving with them?

Even his brother who thinks he is innocent has hinted that JR. may have brought the drugs there into the home. Had the older men just had their fill of him and wanted him out?

I certainly hope that the brother totally tells LE everything that was discussed between him and Jr. when he was there.

imo

but i did find a link with all kinds of over looked information. This link mentions bodies being in the kitchen which blows the they were all asleep thing out of the water. http://www.thebrunswicknews.com/open_access/newhopeplantationslayings/CRIME-SCENE-083109

We have heard several times since this article that the bodies were found in bed or on the floor. With 10 people staying in that small trailer, I wouldn't be at all surprised if one or more slept on the floor in the kitchen.

The mobile home looks to be about a 14 foot x 70 foot home. It probably had three bedrooms and one and a half baths. While it is small it isn't that small where it would require people to sleep on the floor. I use to sell manufactured homes when I had my real estate business and many times customers who bought single wides this size had large families. They do it because it is economical and many times all they can afford. They utilize every inch of the space. While two of the bedrooms will be smaller than the master bedroom, the living room most of the time has the most space in it. So I think there was ample space for them all to have sleeping arrangements on a bed or couch somewhere.

I just think that one or maybe two of the victims was up when all of this happened and happened to be in the kitchen at the time. It would be interesting to learn if the ME could tell from the scene which one died first. For all we know it may have been the lady that was supposed to be wheelchair bound and the younger child that was found in the kitchen.

imo

For those who don't know me I live in Brunswick and m daughter was a friend of Michelle's, she was the youngest girl that was killed in the home that day.
The "rumors" about the family being shot were not from the mobile home park. The information about the 2 that went to the hospital being shot, was information that people who were working at the time that the two arrived said. They came in as gun shot victims... I think that the chief is full of crap.

I wish someone that was working that day should really step forward and say something.

I think he drugged them all, wait until they slept and then beat them in a fit of rage caused by drugs ... most likely meth.

I think he believes everyone was dead when he left for a while to go to see his brother and clear his head.

I totally believe he acted alone. He is a monster.
Who the heck beats their family to death, including a 3-year-old? Sick *advertiser censored*

Wouldn't drugs show up in the systems of the victims? Has anything like that been released?

I'm completely flummoxed that one man could beat this many people to death - not saying that it couldn't happen, just that it really does stretch the bounds of my imagination to consider it. Very curious.

http://www.ajc.com/news/police-134287.html

There has just GOT to be some DNA.....

Wouldn't drugs show up in the systems of the victims? Has anything like that been released?

I'm completely flummoxed that one man could beat this many people to death - not saying that it couldn't happen, just that it really does stretch the bounds of my imagination to consider it. Very curious.

http://www.ajc.com/news/police-134287.html

There has just GOT to be some DNA.....

Even though the initial autopsy report is back I would think the toxicology reports wont be back for weeks.

But I don't think they were drugged.

Whomever did this had to know every inch of that home like the back of his hand. He had to know the habits, sleeping arrangements of those who lived there.

The sad thing is even if any of them saw him enter it would not have alerted them to the impending doom they were facing. I think most were sleeping totally unaware of what was happening. He probably murdered the one in the kitchen first.

I have read about so many cases where victims were bludgeoned to death and even if there were two people laying side by side they both died in a sleeping position. And the perp goes from room to room murdering everyone there in the same way.

When a tremendous massive blow is crashed down on someone's skull right out of the blue imo there is no time to react or to even know what happened.

I pray that the deceased victims never experienced any pain and suffering before they died.

I also have such a sinking feeling and don't think the 3 year old who is being kept alive on life support will make it or if he does he will have irreversible brain damage.

imo

I can understand how the initial observation from LE or hospital personel was the patients had GSWs. From my experience severe blunt force trauma to the head is something you do not see everyday in the ER (except maybe in large metro's). However, apparently the autopsies which LE now has showed no GSW to any victim (according to the latest news).

It boggles the mind that one guy, on drugs or not, would be able to take out eight people when it's becoming more and more apparent that they weren't all asleep. If they were asleep when the massacre started, they certainly wouldn't be by the end. The screaming and moaning and banging about in that trailer must have been horrific.

I get that people can be lulled into a sense of fatalism when they're out of sorts and scared. But not one of the able-bodied people in that home could at least, while terrified, run screaming for the next trailer? Bludgeonings aren't quick, as a rule, and there'd be a time when the perpetrator was in his tunnel-visioned rage with one victim that he'd leave another uncovered. If this was a crime of rage, would he be reasoned enough to select his victims in a prescribed order? It might seem easy in theory, but you have eight people who, at one time or another, were likely screaming, crying, moving in a small trailer. I could see them being fish in a barrel if the weapon was a gun, but as much as I have thought about this case over the last week, I can't fathom the cattle-on-the-way to slaughter orderliness of this crime being committed by one person.

I'm just not convinced. He comes away completely unharmed, it looks like. If the shotgun wasn't used in the crime, what relevance does that have to his guilt here? Yes, he lied, but maybe he's just stupid. I'm imagining that LE must have something more serious on him than the false statements, but what really makes me question them is their confidence that one person committed these murders. I guess on the one hand, how do you find another person willing to beat your family members to death? On the other hand, the only image of this crime I can conjour up is one similar to a Terminator scenario.

I don't buy the settlement as a motive, either. It was going to be appealed. The money wouldn't be coming fast, etc. I'd almost be more likely to think it was someone angry over the settlement, if we were going to subscribe to that motive.

I respect your opinion Momofboys but I do not agree that they would have time to retaliate or that it would be loud.

Whether the person dies immediately or not they are gravely incapacitated when struck in the head by a massive blow. We see the baseball players that get struck who immediately go to the ground and stay there. However a murderer does not stop with just one blow to the head after he has incapacitated them. He gives them no chance to recover.

The media has been wrong before on this case because we heard they had all been shot and that is not true.

We do not know how many were in the kitchen and even if someone was sitting there and totally unaware of the impending doom they would have no chance to react. The bludgeoner doesn't stop the vicious attack with just one blow. If I had not read countless bludgeoning cases over the years I would be skeptical but there has been perpetrators who bludgeoned all the victims in the home and they were all found in a sleeping position or dead on the kitchen floor where they dropped once being struck numerous times. People have died by being bludgeoned and were laying side by side in the same bed. They too were found in a normal sleeping position.

The rocking of the brain and the crush injuries it immediately causes renders the victim helpless.

I don't think it was noisy in that home at all. Just a stealth murderer that knew that place very well and all the habits of the people that resided there.

imo

I'd agree in principle, OBE, but if he was able to commit eight stealth murders, he'd really be something. If just ONE of those people was standing, the fall would result in a crash. You have nine people (and apparently dogs) in a home the size of a large shed. He'd have to be completely high or in a tremendous rage to even attempt this. Just ONE scream could have alerted the others. The sound of his exertion could have been loud, even. In the scenario you cite, he would have have to land debilitating blows the first time, and so he's either really skilled or really lucky, IMO. Not all head trauma will render you unconscious, and to finish them is something else entirely. Not one person woke up from their own blow while he was tending someone else?

I think Darlie Routier is as guilty as they come, and people have expressed disbelief that an intruder could have killed her boys in such a vicious way while she slept nearby. My living room isn't much smaller than this trailer (it is shorter) and I just can't fathom this all going down in here and not hearing anything. And in that space, they had at least two means of exit, right?

I'm not saying it didn't happen that way. Just that it boggles my mind that it could have. He would have to be incredibly brazen, unbelievably lucky, and a very methodical, precise caveman.

I know this is far fetched but the first thing I thought of when I saw a photo of GuyJr was that he looks very strong and muscular. He works as a manual laborer in construction right? I also wondered if he is a body builder who dabbles in steroids. People under the influence of continuous steroid use have done some pretty devastatingly super human things (roid rage). Just my over-worked, imaginative brain and way too many episodes of CSI.

I'd agree in principle, OBE, but if he was able to commit eight stealth murders, he'd really be something. If just ONE of those people was standing, the fall would result in a crash. You have nine people (and apparently dogs) in a home the size of a large shed. He'd have to be completely high or in a tremendous rage to even attempt this. Just ONE scream could have alerted the others. The sound of his exertion could have been loud, even. In the scenario you cite, he would have have to land debilitating blows the first time, and so he's either really skilled or really lucky, IMO. Not all head trauma will render you unconscious, and to finish them is something else entirely. Not one person woke up from their own blow while he was tending someone else?

I think Darlie Routier is as guilty as they come, and people have expressed disbelief that an intruder could have killed her boys in such a vicious way while she slept nearby. My living room isn't much smaller than this trailer (it is shorter) and I just can't fathom this all going down in here and not hearing anything. And in that space, they had at least two means of exit, right?

I'm not saying it didn't happen that way. Just that it boggles my mind that it could have. He would have to be incredibly brazen, unbelievably lucky, and a very methodical, precise caveman.

I don't think we can ever discern logic when a murder case is always so illogical.

I can see how it boggles the mind but I read about a case a few years back where a husband/father came in the home and bludgeoned six of his family members. (Everyone that was there) They were all found in their beds and in sleepwear.

Why they did not hear or try to flee I really don't know. One would have to be there to understand. I am sure the police have a better understanding now of how it went down. I don't think it creates noise as much as we may think. I think most were asleep, the ac could have been on and some of the occupants snoring. Just typical everyday noises. If one of the victims in this case was found in the kitchen then maybe they did try to escape but it was obviously futile.

I think he was fueled by rage, determination and possibly on drugs and had adrenaline pumping through his veins. He was as close to being a monster as it gets imo. He did not look puny at all and I am sure he was in good physical shape. He knew each blow had to be powerful so imo he gave it all he had each time.

imo

I know this is far fetched but the first thing I thought of when I saw a photo of GuyJr was that he looks very strong and muscular. He works as a manual laborer in construction right? I also wondered if he is a body builder who dabbles in steroids. People under the influence of continuous steroid use have done some pretty devastatingly super human things (roid rage). Just my over-worked, imaginative brain and way too many episodes of CSI.

I noticed that too TX.

Yes, he worked construction.

I think he was probably using some other type of illegal drug and selling it too.

imo

For those who don't know me I live in Brunswick and m daughter was a friend of Michelle's, she was the youngest girl that was killed in the home that day.
The "rumors" about the family being shot were not from the mobile home park. The information about the 2 that went to the hospital being shot, was information that people who were working at the time that the two arrived said. They came in as gun shot victims... I think that the chief is full of crap.

I wish someone that was working that day should really step forward and say something.

So we have hospital staff saying guns shots, and spokesperson from hospital saying "gunshot would to the head "
There a Hospital you would think they would KNOW! The evidence isnt back from the lab yet dna or otherwise. The media link to the hospital spokesperson can be found on page 20 I think or search my post.

And they are not making any effects to look for another suspect even tho the motive they "hinted about" fell though and the story makes less and less sence everyday. I highly doubt they were sleeping in the kitchen
What does makes sence? Two people they knew kicked in the door and (if we are to believe the hospital personal lied to the media )and beat to death everybody in the house because they thought GuySr had got that money or they didnt want to pay him that money. Oh and dont forget Belinda west son Lived there as she said so ....
IMO Le doesnt have s#!t except a They think he did it and they Know his DNA will be there.http://www.thebrunswicknews.com/open_access/local_news/8SLAIN-090909-w-brkout Also to note in the link is a link about a man shot in a home invasion .

So we have hospital staff saying guns shots, and spokesperson from hospital saying "gunshot would to the head "
There a Hospital you would think they would KNOW! The evidence isn't back from the lab yet dna or otherwise. The media link to the hospital spokesperson can be found on page 20 I think or search my post.

And they are not making any effects to look for another suspect even tho the motive they "hinted about" fell though and the story makes less and less sence everyday. I highly doubt they were sleeping in the kitchen
What does makes sence? Two people they knew kicked in the door and (if we are to believe the hospital personal lied to the media )and beat to death everybody in the house because they thought GuySr had got that money or they didn't want to pay him that money. Oh and don't forget Belinda west son Lived there as she said so ....
IMO Le doesn't have s#!t except a They think he did it and they Know his DNA will be there.http://www.thebrunswicknews.com/open_access/local_news/8SLAIN-090909-w-brkout Also to note in the link is a link about a man shot in a home invasion .

I don't think Doering hinted about anything. He was asked if he had heard about the lawsuit and he said he had but had no comment.

I think it isn't lying but when a case is first breaking there is always misinformation put out there. Right off the bat the media was saying they had been shot. That did not come for the police department. The PC said they all died from blunt force trauma and I believe him.

We have no idea when this happened but it is very logical he did this when they were sleeping. Maybe one woke up and tried to run through the kitchen and was then murdered in the kitchen.

I have only seen it mentioned in the media that the door was kicked in so I am not sure how reliable that info is. When a group of individuals gather all sorts of things will be said that turnout not to be the case.

I disagree. IMO they have bombshell evidence against him and when they obtained it they arrested him immediately. They have to have substantial evidence for a Judge to issue an arrest warrant and him be charged with 8 murders and one attempted murder.

imo

They sure seem to have something concrete that ties Jr. to these murders.

Doering said the police department has its man.

"We don't have a reason to suspect anyone else and we're not looking for anyone else," Doering said, releasing more information Tuesday on the massacre in the three-bedroom, single-wide trailer at Lot 147 at New Hope Plantation.

"We do have evidence to support that he was alone. It doesn't completely eliminate the possibility. We just don't think it's likely."

All 10 - the nine victims and Guy Heinze Jr. - lived in the trailer, police said. Doering declined to say what evidence police had, though he cautioned that much of is still being processed by the state crime laboratory.

He said police received the first preliminary results of the crime lab analysis from the Georgia Bureau of Investigation Monday which bolstered earlier findings.

"We're comfortable that there's only one (suspect)," Doering said.

Contrary to earlier statements made to The News Aug. 29 by an official close to the investigation, Doering said the eight victims died from blunt force trauma. "No shooting occurred," Doering said. "No one was shot."

http://www.thebrunswicknews.com/open_access/local_news/8SLAIN-090909-w-brkout

I think Jr. was seen leaving the scene and he was alone and then he was seen when he returned around 8 am.

the hospital info about GSWs was heresay. It was not cited here nor there. The only reason the gun got coupled into it was because of some rumors, the hospital heresay, and of course the actual testimony that Jr was putting a gun in his trunk at the crime scene. At this point in time (and correct me if I am wrong.. please....) none of the the posts have come back confirming gsws as the COD and/or injuries to the bodies per post mortem report. In light of the lip flapping that can go on in cases like this.... I personally will wait for the posts and/or any LE statements to figure out how this went down and what was used to needlessly end the lives of all of these people. I TRUST that LE has blood and scratches and other flotsam and jetsam on the hands of junior.... enough to be the tie that binds him to the scene. This crime is sick and disgusting and sacreligious. May it come to a close quickly, accurately, and flawlessly. My prayers are with the remaining family that must endure this literal hell.

Even though the initial autopsy report is back I would think the toxicology reports wont be back for weeks.

But I don't think they were drugged.

Whomever did this had to know every inch of that home like the back of his hand. He had to know the habits, sleeping arrangements of those who lived there.

The sad thing is even if any of them saw him enter it would not have alerted them to the impending doom they were facing. I think most were sleeping totally unaware of what was happening. He probably murdered the one in the kitchen first.

I have read about so many cases where victims were bludgeoned to death and even if there were two people laying side by side they both died in a sleeping position. And the perp goes from room to room murdering everyone there in the same way.

When a tremendous massive blow is crashed down on someone's skull right out of the blue imo there is no time to react or to even know what happened.

I pray that the deceased victims never experienced any pain and suffering before they died.

I also have such a sinking feeling and don't think the 3 year old who is being kept alive on life support will make it or if he does he will have irreversible brain damage.

imo

Thanks, OBE - yes, the sleeping thing makes the way it happened make a little more sense to me...as much sense as something this terrible can make. Still seems someone might have woken up....

I wonder if the child was perhaps asleep with or between two adults and bludgeoned "accidentally." (ie - he was smashing everyone's heads in and then saw he had also beaten the child and this snapped him into stopping and making that phone call...just a thought)

I am thinking Michael made it to the kitchen as he was still alive. Thats how Guy knew he was still breathing, he wasn't where he left him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senor710
Back