GUILTY GA - Eight family members brutally murdered in Brunswick home, 29 Aug 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What happened to the drug charges, did the jury think the judge threw them out instead of the verdict with the dismissed juror?

Thanks again Popsicle and OBE for all your efforts throughout the trial. :)

Whew!

I really hope at least some jurors will speak to the media.

Savannah Daily News ‏@SavDailyNews 2m
BREAKING NEWS!!! Guy Heinze Jr. found GUILTY in mobile home murders on 8 counts malice murder and 1 count... http://fb.me/YWLRIzof

:lol: better late than never.

Great news I was shocked this quick with the alt sent in. Glad they could get it together.

Does GA have the death penalty?

Tim Pulliam ‏@WJXTPulliam 2m
Attorney's on both sides say death penalty is off the table. #heinze is facing life in prison w/ or w/o parole. @wjxt4 sentence date TBD

@AP: MORE: Ga. judge says man convicted of killing 8 in a mobile home will not face the death penalty: http://t.co/ZreBk4hU0R -RAS

I guess this answer my question

2:50 p.m.

A Glynn County jury has found Guy Heinze Jr. guilty of eight counts of malice murder, one count of aggravated assault and two drug charges in the Aug. 29, 2009, beating deaths of his father and seven others.

The jury, with an alternate replacing a member removed early Friday, deliberated four hours before returning its verdict.

The previous jury had deliberated two days without reaching a verdict.

Heinze did not appear to react, but his younger brother, Tyler, shouted three vulgarities and was removed from the courtroom.

The prosecution had agreed Friday morning to remove the death penalty as a possible sentence. As a result, Judge Stephen Scarlett will sentence Heinze to life, the sentence required under Georgia law.

Scarlett thanked the jurors for their service in what he said had been a difficult trial.

Rusty Toler Sr., his sister and four of his children were victims in the deaths. Members of the Toler family told the Times-Union Friday morning they didn't want him to get the death penalty, that they wanted him "out in the [prison] population.

http://members.jacksonville.com/new...o-word-jury-guy-heinze-jr-death-penalty-trial

So they did negotiate then. Wasn't he facing the DP?

I am so relieved to see justice was in that courtroom today for all the families involved. May they now have some type of peace and closure.

While I admit I am upset he wasn't given the death penalty.... for he surely deserves no less, I do understand why the state negotiated the deal. It is very very expensive to retry a death penalty case all over again.

The Judge will give him the max. Mark my word. He will rot and die in prison. No parole board ever is going to let someone out that has murdered 8 of their own this way. It just want happen and that brings me peace.

And they may have thought the defense could use the dismissed juror as an appeal issue and the case could have landed right back in the Judge's lap to be tried over again.

If he agreed to plea that means he gave up his rights to any appeal.

He is toast. Now he goes on to big boy prison and lets see how tough he is in there.

I think the other two holdouts had already been swayed by the majority argument and it was that one whackadoodle that was the lone holdout. He probably refused to deliberate any further this morning when the rest were willing.

God bless those who lost their lives so needlessly.

2:50 p.m.

A Glynn County jury has found Guy Heinze Jr. guilty of eight counts of malice murder, one count of aggravated assault and two drug charges in the Aug. 29, 2009, beating deaths of his father and seven others.

The jury, with an alternate replacing a member removed early Friday, deliberated four hours before returning its verdict.

The previous jury had deliberated two days without reaching a verdict.

Heinze did not appear to react, but his younger brother, Tyler, shouted three vulgarities and was removed from the courtroom.

The prosecution had agreed Friday morning to remove the death penalty as a possible sentence. As a result, Judge Stephen Scarlett will sentence Heinze to life, the sentence required under Georgia law.

Scarlett thanked the jurors for their service in what he said had been a difficult trial.

Rusty Toler Sr., his sister and four of his children were victims in the deaths. Members of the Toler family told the Times-Union Friday morning they didn't want him to get the death penalty, that they wanted him "out in the [prison] population.

http://members.jacksonville.com/new...o-word-jury-guy-heinze-jr-death-penalty-trial

Ooo...it sounds like they want him in GP so someone in prison can do to him what he did to his own family.

Tim Pulliam ‏@WJXTPulliam 2m
Attorney's on both sides say death penalty is off the table. #heinze is facing life in prison w/ or w/o parole. @wjxt4 sentence date TBD

Hopefully, it will be without parole.

I said above that I hoped to hear from jurors. After reading about Tyler's outburst in the courtroom, perhaps they should find a hidey-hole & crawl in.

Whew!

I really hope at least some jurors will speak to the media.
My G/F hired one of the jurors the week jury selection began. We were hoping she wouldn't get selected. We now hope she starts Monday.

Ooo...it sounds like they want him in GP so someone in prison can do to him what he did to his own family.
Chances are no one will mess with someone convicted of killing 8 people without a firearm. He knows killing someone else is not going to affect the time he will spend in prison! They know he would be very violent at any time!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298
Back