GUILTY GA - Eight family members brutally murdered in Brunswick home, 29 Aug 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Have we heard anything about where Jr. was the night the murders happened? Just catching up on reading. I did not realize Webslueth was working on this crime!!

I joined here when Caylee Anthony went missing and never in my wildest dreams thought we would have a murder this horrible in my town. Thank you all who are helping solve this crime, as a resident I DO appreciate it.

Didnt the police chief say they have about 114 officers plus other agencies?

imo

There are several officers working this case. Kawami Brown ( a professional basket ball player) from this area, his mother died on Monday (in Brunswick) and they had the GBI go to her home as all other officers were working on this case.

http://www2.wsav.com/sav/news/local...ter_murders_at_glynn_county_mobile_hom/43013/
Police Still Searching for Answers After Murders at Glynn County Mobile Home

This on Guy Jr.'s arrest. I still don't think he murdered those poor people. No offense, but he probably just didn't think before acting.

Heinze, Jr. is set to appear before a judge Wednesday on drug charges of drug possession, tampering with evidence, and obstructing an officer (Watch: Police: 1 Arrested in Relation to Glynn County Multiple Murders). According to arrest warrants, he gave investigators “false and misleading information about his whereabouts and his involvement in the circumstances leading up to him calling 911 to report the deaths of his family members.“ Another warrant says he admitted “to hiding a shot gun” in the trunk of a car to hide if from investigators because he believed the shotgun was stolen.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gh6st3GvZOSuNt_NvlGZEbPyFhhAD9AES35O0

8 people slain in Ga. were 'good country folks'

Montgomery said the elder Toler had taken in his brother, a nephew, his daughter and her boyfriend because they had lost jobs and couldn't find work. Montgomery said his daughter's young child also lived with them and was the lone survivor.

I'm not surprised about Guy Jr. saying they looked as though they had been beaten even if they were shot (which I believe is what happened based on cause of death on the 19 y.o). I've worked a lot of calls on the squad with head shots and the damage can sometimes look as though they were beaten, especially in a shot to the back of the head or from the side.

The rain down here was heavy and I'm hoping they found whatever evidence out there before it came through and washed away anything.

The rumors here in Brunswick are so varied and some of them so far fetched it boggles the mind.

Three of the victims- Chrissy Toler 22, Russell Toler Jr. 20, and Joseph West 30. These photographs appear to be mugshots.

20672740_400X150.jpg

http://www.news4jax.com/news/20663543/detail.html#

ETA Another news site identifies the victim in the middle picture as Russell Toler, Sr. in 1997. This appears to be more accurate.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/georgia/news-article.aspx?storyid=144247&catid=5

I haven't read all of the postings (or very many of them to be honest) on this cse because work has been kicking my azz, but I wonder if Guy Jr. isn't arrested to keep him safe? I just can't see this crime being random. It appears to be filled with rage and that usually means someone who knew the family. Hard to believe it is just one person because how could one person bludgeon that many people without at least one person running from the home??

I haven't read all of the postings (or very many of them to be honest) on this cse because work has been kicking my azz, but I wonder if Guy Jr. isn't arrested to keep him safe? I just can't see this crime being random. It appears to be filled with rage and that usually means someone who knew the family. Hard to believe it is just one person because how could one person bludgeon that many people without at least one person running from the home??

But they wouldn't have to charge him to protect him. He and his lawyer seems very upset about it so I doubt they are doing it to protect him.

If they wanted to do that with so many agencies involved they could just remove him to an undisclosed location with a police officer there to protect him.

imo

I think the arrest of Guy Jr. is for real. He's appearing in court on Wed at a bail hearing and could very well be released. Apparently, Guy Jr WAS being cooperative, but according to Doering, that has changed.

Sure seems to me that if LE wanted his help, an arrest wasn't the way to go about it.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/20663543/detail.html#

I don’t post much, but this case has hit a raw nerve with me. The posts on “other” news forums regarding the victims being developmentally delayed, of course they used a derogatory term-or felt the need to point out they were poor, make me sick. (I am not even going to mention the people *****ing about this site)-I have thought long and hard about this and I think there are some serious psychos responsible for this tragedy. The mug-shot of Rusty Toler Jr.- is it just me or is his shirt smeared and covered with blood? What is his arrest record? I tried to search public record but it does not appear that is available in this county. Does he have a violent temper, past etc… I think his past criminal record would be insightful.
The reason(s) I can think Guy Jr. took the shotgun is A) he stole it from someone and felt that person was the one responsible for this act of retaliation. B) he knew a family member or himself had used it in a crime-such as shooting someone else-another reason for retaliation or C) it was his gun, he saw it laying around and thought he would be blamed, panicked and hid it in the trunk and last (thanks to my overactive imagination)-D) he was with someone’s wife/ girlfriend that night and they followed through with their threat.

A lengthy article with background on each of the victims. One, Brenda Falagan, was in a wheelchair following a stroke. :mad:

"They were all family, or family friends, who died together in the biggest mass killing in Glynn County history. These are the stories of the eight people who were found slain in a mobile home park north of Brunswick, Ga., on Saturday. (A ninth victim, 3-year-old Byron Jimerson Jr., remains in critical condition in a Savannah hospital.)"

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/me...riends_remember_victims_of_brunswick_massacre

Attachments

• Michael Toler.jpg
    Michael Toler.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 41
Here are some news articles updated this morning:

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/ge...riends_remember_victims_of_brunswick_killings

http://www.thebrunswicknews.com/open_access/local_news/Toler-funeral-90209-KK
Snipped from the Brunswick News:

West's sister-in-law, Belinda West, said he was a provider for those who lived in the trailer.

"He took care of everybody in that house," she said. "He just bought them school clothes."

In December, Joseph West began dating Chrissy Toler and the two started a small lawn care service, Otis West said, noting that his brother was fond of Chrissy Toler's son, the critically wounded 3-year-old.

"Him and Byron were real, real close," Otis West said. "He treated him like he was his own child."

I have read most of the post in this thread and I really want everyone to know that these were caring people who died for imo no good enough reason. My daughter was friends with the youngest daughter Michelle. Michelle was a real friend... She did not have any " fake " friends and she had a warm heart. This has effected a lot of kids who went to school with her everyday and now when she is not there it hurts.

Please be careful when you are all speculating about this family

I have read most of the post in this thread and I really want everyone to know that these were caring people who died for imo no good enough reason. My daughter was friends with the youngest daughter Michelle. Michelle was a real friend... She did not have any " fake " friends and she had a warm heart. This has effected a lot of kids who went to school with her everyday and now when she is not there it hurts.

Please be careful when you are all speculating about this family

Welcome to WS Caliborn and thank you for your perspective....it is important to be sensitive to the fact that these poor folks had many who loved them. Any perspective you can continue to give us will be helpful because most of us are outside of the area and have no way of knowing the day to day of the deceased and wounded.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
welsh98
Back