GA GA - Elaine Nix, 18, Gainesville, 20 Sept 1999

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Still digging 12 hours with names of know pedophiles within her area
(years they were convicted)
DOB in front. Sorry for the chicken scratch, I have so many more to add to the board. If I could get ahold of last known address prior to convictions I would be able to shorten my list. Gwinnett County has over 800 of them young and old, so I have to sift through those first.

Attachments

• FAC2EF0B-2815-4629-B822-1D72A61A8207.jpeg
    FAC2EF0B-2815-4629-B822-1D72A61A8207.jpeg
    150.8 KB · Views: 17
@Serason I have a name for you.... I can't list it here because this person hasn't been listed by LE as a POI. I have heard this name several times in rumors here in the area. Elaine was found not very far from my house in a place that I drove by 1,00o times. I drove by several times while she was missing and that still haunts me to this day. I always wonder how no one found her sooner but again we would have NEVER believed that she would have been left in this area. This person has been arrested for sexual offense but his name is not on your list that I can see....

Edited to add this person is currently in jail so he is not listed on the offender list....but is due to be released soon.

Last edited:
Still digging 12 hours with names of know pedophiles within her area
(years they were convicted)
DOB in front. Sorry for the chicken scratch, I have so many more to add to the board. If I could get ahold of last known address prior to convictions I would be able to shorten my list. Gwinnett County has over 800 of them young and old, so I have to sift through those first.
I wouldn't bother too much with Gwinnett County, I would focus on Hall County because she was taken and found in the Hall County area... and Gwinnett is crawling with the registry.

@Serason I have a name for you.... I can't list it here because this person hasn't been listed by LE as a POI. I have heard this name several times in rumors here in the area. Elaine was found not very far from my house in a place that I drove by 1,00o times. I drove by several times while she was missing and that still haunts me to this day. I always wonder how no one found her sooner but again we would have NEVER believed that she would have been left in this area. This person has been arrested for sexual offense but his name is not on your list that I can see....

Edited to add this person is currently in jail so he is not listed on the offender list....but is due to be released soon.
PM me that name

I wouldn't bother too much with Gwinnett County, I would focus on Hall County because she was taken and found in the Hall County area... and Gwinnett is crawling with the registry.
Also I was under the impression that the killer would very well have know that she frequently used that pay phone. And also would have known of the dumping spot and may have been using it long before she was found there.

Also I was under the impression that the killer would very well have know that she frequently used that pay phone. And also would have known of the dumping spot and may have been using it long before she was found there.
This person lives near that store and the place she was found was known by "truck drivers and the such" as a spot to stop and hang out without being seen by too many people.
The place she was found had a couple of industrial places and is very near a Hwy that connected to 85. Quick on/off and at that time wasn't as busy as it is now.....

I am new to this forum. I am from Gainesville and knew Elaine while growing up. One of the things that bother me, and soooo many do about this case! Is how and why does LE give the family the jewelry that was found on her body? Why would this not be held as evidence? Any ideas?

'Sep 27, 2023
Family members of Elaine Nix said they are still hoping new leads will come from sharing Elaine’s story with the public.'

''Gwinnett County Police said 18-year-old Elaine Nix was found dead after disappearing 24 years ago, and her killer is still walking free.''

''Nix said that on the night that Elaine vanished, she received an angry message on her pager from her then-boyfriend and quickly headed to a payphone on Candler Road in Hall County to call him and talk about it.

Investigators said the phone call to her boyfriend lasted two hours, and early the next morning police found Elaine’s car abandoned at the payphone.

Nine days later police said they found her body in Gwinnett County behind a building off Candler Highway in Gwinnett County.''

“Phone records prove that she was on the phone for a little bit over an hour, but he won’t tell us what they talked about,” Boyd said.

Nix’s naked body was found in a wooded area.

Investigators said there were no signs of trauma, and she wasn’t raped.

However, family members said an autopsy ruled her death an undetermined homicide.

“We were told that a possibility was either suffocation or strangulation,” Boyd said.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rwiz
Back