GA - Eleanor Bowles, 77, found stabbed to death; suspect caught on camera - 12/12/22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Bishop Black

Former Member
Reaction score

Someone fatally stabbed a 77-year-old woman inside her home in a gated neighborhood before stealing her SUV, Atlanta police said Sunday.

A Lexus SUV was stolen from the home following the attack, investigators said. The vehicle was found later Saturday in neighboring DeKalb County. Police released security camera images of a person of interest opening the vehicle’s door. No arrests had been announced Sunday afternoon.

Seems like we are hearing about more and more "knife crimes." Anyway, I read that she was killed in her garage. So someone apparantly had the ability to enter the gated community AND enter her garage. I suspect some kind of delivery service as the vector. This happened in a VERY well-to-do part of Buckhead (Atlanta).

Seems like we are hearing about more and more "knife crimes." Anyway, I read that she was killed in her garage. So someone apparantly had the ability to enter the gated community AND enter her garage. I suspect some kind of delivery service as the vector. This happened in a VERY well-to-do part of Buckhead (Atlanta).
I wonder if Eleanor was pulling her vehicle into the garage and the killer was able to come in while the door was open? RIP Eleanor.

I wonder if Eleanor was pulling her vehicle into the garage and the killer was able to come in while the door was open? RIP Eleanor.
Good point. And that would have given the killer her key fob, too. The pic of the person of interest is confusing. No blood on him that I can see, and the vehicle is outside the garage with the door closed. Other news reports say she was killed in the garage. Like Moscow, Idaho, between cops and clueless reporters, it makes it hard to be a WebSleuth!!!!!

I lived in that gated community for 12 years. There's a fair amount of misinformation around but she was in her nightgown when she was found. Initially the story was she went down with a knife from her own kitchen to confront the killer. Later, reports have stated he tried to rob a liquor store close by and had a knife with him. This is about as safe a neighborhood as it comes in Atlanta and never had a violent crime. The belief now is he was trying to get a car and fled to Paces West and somehow got entry into her garage/basement. He was obviously impaired and same morning he was spitting on patrons at a Publix across the street. That shopping center has a full-time guard walking the parking lot who is armed. Supposedly calls to 911 went out from both Publix and liquor store.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back