GA GA - Eva 'Kay' Wenal, 60, Lawrenceville, 1 May 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Search for killer, and motive, in unsolved 2008 slaying
Listen up, armchair detectives: Fire up your imagination and deductive reasoning skills to help solve a cold murder case that has stumped detectives in suburban Atlanta. This week's "48 Hours" focuses on a murder mystery that proves, once again, that high-tech forensic tools can only go so far in bringing a killer to justice. What these investigators need is a good solid tip that ties the brutal murder of a beautiful woman to her brazen, vicious killer or killers.

Search for killer, and motive, in unsolved 2008 slaying
Listen up, armchair detectives: Fire up your imagination and deductive reasoning skills to help solve a cold murder case that has stumped detectives in suburban Atlanta. This week's "48 Hours" focuses on a murder mystery that proves, once again, that high-tech forensic tools can only go so far in bringing a killer to justice. What these investigators need is a good solid tip that ties the brutal murder of a beautiful woman to her brazen, vicious killer or killers

I think of us more as Home Based Sleuths than mere "armchair detectives".

Having said that it will be on at 10pm EST so I'm on it.

Thanks Kay!

First I have heard of this case. A whole lot of odd things in this murder. Even the reporting was off. The lead article on this thread has her husband finding her on the hardwood kitchen floor with a blood pool the size of a compact car. Another article posts of him finding her in the foyer. The daughter firing her father's life long attorney. Reward at a quarter MIL, yet he owed PI quite a bit of money. Apparently, he also didn't have enough disposable cash in his estate to cover outstanding accounts. Yet, they were looking into buying a huge mansion before she passed, and was already low on funds.

Then there were other insinuations in the articles I could still read also. I also wondered about the husband, however I assumed he was still working and had an alibi for the suspected time of death. I sure don't understand the daughter though. Although; maybe she wasn't that fond of her stepmother and didn't really care as much. Perhaps, she was the money was more important due to strained relationship with step-mother. Just a thought out loud.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/kay-wenal-murder-case-crime-scene-and-clues/13/
attachment.php

Attachments

• wenalnote1.jpg
    wenalnote1.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 79
I'm just wondering if anyone knows who her husbands estate went to? I feel terrible that he was working so hard to find out who her killer was and then once he passed whoever took over stopped everything. Just wondering if there's any connection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hal's daughter received 90%; Kay's son got 10%.

I watched a show on this last night and I hope they catch who did this soon. my thoughts, the "folded" towel on top of the cabinet, were the towels in the downstairs bathroom usually folded, it struck me that someone just grabbed a folded towel to wipe their hand and then left it there. Who ever murdered Kay knew about that cabinet, inside knowledge, knew Kay would be there alone, you don't show up to a house in the middle of the day and immediately start attacking the person who opens the door when there is a risk there are other people in the house to raise the alarm. Were there no security cameras in that neighbourhood? were they checked? Were all of the people at the spa retreat interviewed? surely not difficult to identify that man in the photo? has it been proved that photo was in fact taken that week before Kay was murdered? What did Hal tell the police about that photo? " She hated that house" could be some one who knew her well or just some one she had recently met and told them. Did they check her internet history? she was an ex model maybe posting pics of herself online in the underwear? not nec means an affair. What happened to the court case? did it go away because Kay didn't testify? The show didnt seem to answer any questions imo .

The contrived letter seems like something a female would create, yet male dna was found on the towel. Could the perp possibly be an effeminate male, or someone who had a female accomplice?
Maybe even somebody who worked in graphic arts?
Complete speculation, imo.
Oct 19 2019 rbbm.
Paul Holes Hunts Former Model’s Killer Who Sent Confessional Letter Using Magazine Cut-Outs
''On the evening of May 1, 2008, multimillionaire real estate developer Hal Wenal came home to find his wife, 60-year-old former model Eva “Kay” Wenal, lying face down in a pool of blood on their kitchen floor.

Kay had been punched several times, and her throat had been slit almost to the point of decapitation, investigators later discovered. There were no signs of forced entry, and nothing had been stolen from their upscale home.

The assailant, however, did leave behind a bloody towel in the closet of the couple’s master bedroom. It had been placed on top of a locked cabinet that contained Kay’s jewelry and — surprisingly to Hal — several pieces of leather lingerie. A male DNA sample was found at the scene, but authorities were unable to identify it.''

''While the murder seemed quick and impersonal, the letter called Kay a “$ grubbing *advertiser censored*,” with the author writing, “She said she loved me but that was a lie too. I told her this would happen if she didn’t keep her … promises to me.”
The letter is filled with emotion, yet Kay’s homicide is clinical. It doesn’t match up,” Holes said, adding, "If this was the reason why he killed her, I would have expected a lot more interaction — violence — with her than what we’re seeing in this case.”

I watched a show on this last night and I hope they catch who did this soon. my thoughts, the "folded" towel on top of the cabinet, were the towels in the downstairs bathroom usually folded, it struck me that someone just grabbed a folded towel to wipe their hand and then left it there. Who ever murdered Kay knew about that cabinet, inside knowledge, knew Kay would be there alone, you don't show up to a house in the middle of the day and immediately start attacking the person who opens the door when there is a risk there are other people in the house to raise the alarm. Were there no security cameras in that neighbourhood? were they checked? Were all of the people at the spa retreat interviewed? surely not difficult to identify that man in the photo? has it been proved that photo was in fact taken that week before Kay was murdered? What did Hal tell the police about that photo? " She hated that house" could be some one who knew her well or just some one she had recently met and told them. Did they check her internet history? she was an ex model maybe posting pics of herself online in the underwear? not nec means an affair. What happened to the court case? did it go away because Kay didn't testify? The show didnt seem to answer any questions imo .
Hi, Where is the information about a picture taken the week prior to her death? I can't seem to find this in the articles I've seen. Also, Qs for everyone:

I read there was a pic of the mystery guy *with kay* , had anyone seen that pic?
Does anyone know the timeliness of when they lived in Florida, Arizona, California, and the timeline of the pics of the mystery guy?

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
hello....ive just listened to an old true crime all the time unsolved on this case.

im a brit and I need. some. help from an American here....the author of the letter refers to white trash....im pretty sure that in Britain, you'd just say trash, unless, if you were a person of colour, you'd say white trash or if you were white you might say black trash to place emphasis on the skin colour...so, if this had happened in Britain, id say the writer was either a person of colour....or, more likely here, I think, wanted the police. to believe the killer was a person of colour.

I agree that the letter sounds as though it was written by a woman....maybe. the wife of someone she was having an affair. with...maybe the stepdaughter.....if we think. the husbands in the clear, then he couldn't have known the man in the photo very well, or he'd have tied him up with the description, so maybe more likely a connection with his wife or his. daughter...

do you think its possible that the victim was feigning illness. that day and. shed. arranged for someone to come round and visit her

hello....ive just listened to an old true crime all the time unsolved on this case.

im a brit and I need. some. help from an American here....the author of the letter refers to white trash....im pretty sure that in Britain, you'd just say trash, unless, if you were a person of colour, you'd say white trash or if you were white you might say black trash to place emphasis on the skin colour...so, if this had happened in Britain, id say the writer was either a person of colour....or, more likely here, I think, wanted the police. to believe the killer was a person of colour.

I agree that the letter sounds as though it was written by a woman....maybe. the wife of someone she was having an affair. with...maybe the stepdaughter.....if we think. the husbands in the clear, then he couldn't have known the man in the photo very well, or he'd have tied him up with the description, so maybe more likely a connection with his wife or his. daughter...

do you think its possible that the victim was feigning illness. that day and. shed. arranged for someone to come round and visit her

The note is a form of linguistic staging. It’s sole purpose is to misdirect the investigation away from who the real offender(s) is.

The note is a form of linguistic staging. It’s sole purpose is to misdirect the investigation away from who the real offender(s) is.
im sure you're right, cotton star....which makes me believe it was nothing to do with her love life, unless its a jealous wife....so that leaves either business reasons...against her or her husband...or some other kind of non sexual jealousy...I dont think the husband was involved, but you never know.

I suspect the man in the photo may have been a business contact...could have been operating alone or with someone with a. different motive

im sure you're right, cotton star....which makes me believe it was nothing to do with her love life, unless its a jealous wife....so that leaves either business reasons...against her or her husband...or some other kind of non sexual jealousy...I dont think the husband was involved, but you never know.

I suspect the man in the photo may have been a business contact...could have been operating alone or with someone with a. different motive

Conflict is present in 100% of staged homicides. Who was in conflict with Kay? The answer leads down one path.

err....I dont know about a conflict, so ill have to pass on that one....youre way ahead of me.

I have 2 questions......who knew she was at home alone at that time and who discovered the photo
all ive heard is that it was found by. her family when they were clearing out after her. death....by her. family do they mean just her side of the family or her husbands side of the family.

im wondering if he was a relative who lived further away and only turned up now and then and maybe he was working on the husbands side of the family who felt their inheritance was going down the plughole....or was the photo a decoy in itself...take this photo from the house...maybe the man was. dead...and get someone looking like that to. walk around the. neighbourhood....no, too. far fetched

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech
Back