GA - Ex-POTUS Donald Trump and others indicted, 13 counts in 2020 election interference, violation of RICO Act, Aug 2023 *4 guilty* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does your opinion of a viable candidate and corruption extend to say, their son?

I was talking about having some basic prohibitions against electing someone who is a threat to the very form of our democracy and the functioning of our constitutional republic.

Like maybe adding an eligibility requirement that involves passing a civics test demonstrating understanding of the workings of our government, along with a clear understanding of and commitment to the oath to protect and preserve the constitution.

I was not referencing or expressing an opinion on anyone other than Trump, nor on any crimes or involvement other than that which directly threatens the form and function of the government.

Opinionwise, I might support prohibiting anyone with convictions of serious crimes from running for president or perhaps any office, but I haven't really thought that through or understood the reasons why such a law isn't already in existence, so I'll reserve declaring any opinion on that.

MOO

Last edited:
I was talking about having some basic prohibitions against electing someone who is a threat to the very form of our democracy and the functioning of our constitutional republic.

Like maybe adding an eligibility requirement that involves passing a civics test demonstrating understanding of the workings of our government, along with a clear understanding of and commitment to the oath to protect and preserve the constitution.

I was not referencing or expressing an opinion on anyone other than Trump, nor on any crimes or involvement other than that which directly threatens the form and function of the government.

Opinionwise, I might support prohibiting anyone with convictions of serious crimes from running for president or perhaps any office, but I haven't really thought that through or understood the reasons why such a law isn't already in existence, so I'll reserve declaring any opinion on that.

MOO
Didn't our democracy survive Trump's 2016-2020 term in office? Nixon resigned and was pardoned. Our democracy survived just fine. His cohorts went to prison.

I think our democracy will survive just fine if Trump is reelected but he certainly won't receive my vote.

JMO

Didn't our democracy survive Trump's 2016-2020 term in office? Nixon resigned and was pardoned. Our democracy survived just fine. His cohorts went to prison.

I think our democracy will survive just fine if Trump is reelected but he certainly won't receive my vote.

JMO
It survived, though whether lasting damage was done is arguable (though I won't be arguing about that here).

Regardless of anyone's assessment of how well or how poorly Trump did during the first 99% of his administration, I doubt anyone would claim that he threatened to upend democracy as we practice it during that time.

THAT happened on January 6, 2021, and has been threatened by him, in words and in actions, many times since, in my opinion.

The peaceful transfer of power is one of those core foundational bits of our democracy which I was referring to earlier when I suggested it be legislated to not permit a candidate who threatens those core values.

MOO

The peaceful transfer of power is one of those core foundational bits of our democracy which I was referring to earlier when I suggested it be legislated to not permit a candidate who threatens those core values.

I was a freshman in college when JFK was assassinated. To this day, 60 years later, I can remember my Poli Sci 1A instructor reassuring us that everything would be OK because the peaceful transfer of power was fundamental to our system of government. Other countries might have revolutions or insurrections in a similar situation, but not the U.S.A.
Until Trump.
JMO

I was a freshman in college when JFK was assassinated. To this day, 60 years later, I can remember my Poli Sci 1A instructor reassuring us that everything would be OK because the peaceful transfer of power was fundamental to our system of government. Other countries might have revolutions or insurrections in a similar situation, but not the U.S.A.
Until Trump.
JMO
After JFK was assassinated, his Vice President, LBJ was sworn in. The power of the office wasn't transferred to a different political party.

I think the evidence will show that the "insurrection" was planned by Trump's advisors, some of them attorneys. Trump foolishly listened to them because he is a narcissist who craves being the center of attention. The attorneys should be disbarred but I seriously doubt Trump will be found guilty in Georgia.

JMO

After JFK was assassinated, his Vice President, LBJ was sworn in. The power of the office wasn't transferred to a different political party.

I think the evidence will show that the "insurrection" was planned by Trump's advisors, some of them attorneys. Trump foolishly listened to them because he is a narcissist who craves being the center of attention. The attorneys should be disbarred but I seriously doubt Trump will be found guilty in Georgia.

JMO
Whether he will be found guilty in the GA court case I don't know.

Whether he planned the insurrection is one thing. But even if he didn't, he listened to those who did, as you say. In defiance of the legal advice he was getting from all other directions.

He didn't do all he could to stop it.

He didn't show any empathy or sorrow to those injured (except for the rioter killed in the act of defying direct orders not to trespass).

He didn't show any recognition of the significance of the riots to the institution of the democracy.

He didn't declare any intention of making sure it never happens again.

The leader of the US needs to be someone who would do all of the above.

Beyond that, the leader of the US needs to be someone with the maturity and self control to turn away from anyone attempting to connect them with sedition, treason, or any threat to democracy in the first place.

MOO

Whether he will be found guilty in the GA court case I don't know.

Whether he planned the insurrection is one thing. But even if he didn't, he listened to those who did, as you say. In defiance of the legal advice he was getting from all other directions.

He didn't do all he could to stop it.

He didn't show any empathy or sorrow to those injured (except for the rioter killed in the act of defying direct orders not to trespass).

He didn't show any recognition of the significance of the riots to the institution of the democracy.

He didn't declare any intention of making sure it never happens again.

The leader of the US needs to be someone who would do all of the above.

Beyond that, the leader of the US needs to be someone with the maturity and self control to turn away from anyone attempting to connect them with sedition, treason, or any threat to democracy in the first place.

MOO
I don't disagree with you. Trump has some serious character flaws which is why I never voted for him.

But the fact remains: attorneys he trusted gave Trump bad legal advice and he believed them.

I doubt all the GA jurors will conclude that is a crime.

JMO

ATLANTA, Ga. (Atlanta News First) - Attorneys for Joycelyn Wade, the estranged wife of a man accused of having an improper affair with Fulton County DA Fani Willis, filed a document in Cobb County Superior Court on Friday appearing to show bank statements of airline tickets purchased by Nathan Wade and Willis herself.

The bank records show Nathan Wade, who was hired by Willis to assist in her Donald Trump investigation and subsequent indictment of the former president, and Willis purchased the tickets for trips to Miami and San Francisco.
Fulton County Superior Court Judge Scott McAfee has set a Feb. 15 hearing on allegations Willis and Wade have engaged in an improper, romantic relationship.

Live: Emergency hearing in Wade v Wade divorce

Nathan Wade v. Joycelyn Wade 21-1-08166 Emergency Hearing 01/22/24​

((if you click on the Youtube link you can see the hearing))
An emergency hearing has been set for Monday about whether Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis must testify in the divorce case involving a special prosecutor she hired to help investigate former President Donald Trump.

Judge Thompson: Under GA law, high ranking officials cannot be compelled to testify as to matters for which they do not have unique knowledge of the subject matter. He cites a section of the statute requiring the party seeking testimony to exhaust other means of getting info.

He notes that Nathan Wade has not yet been deposed in the case. It seems to me that Mr. Wade would be the best source of information as to his financial situation and how he's been spending his money, Judge Thompson says.

Judge Thompson STAYS Fani Willis' deposition in the Nathan Wade divorce proceedings. She will not have to sit for a deposition ~for now~ because there isn't a sufficient basis to say that Willis is necessary and unique to determine the equitable distribution of marital assets.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members