GA - Forsyth Co, Newborn Girl FOUND ALIVE in Plastic Bag, Baby India, Jun 2019 *birth mom arrested 2023*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
india.jpg

FORSYTH COUNTY, Ga. – Georgia investigators are hoping the public can help them identify a newborn who was found alive inside a plastic grocery bag in a wooded area of Forsyth County late Thursday.

Deputies found the child after a resident called 911 around 9 p.m. after hearing a baby crying, Forsyth County Sheriff Ron Freeman said Friday. The child was found along an isolated stretch in the southern part of the county where there’s only one house. The occupants had just returned home from a vacation and were unpacking when they heard what they thought was an animal and went to investigate, Freeman said.

“When they arrived they found a near-full term infant female who was in a plastic bag in a wood line off the roadway,” Freeman said. The baby appeared to have been born hours before she was found.

Read more: Baby girl found alive in plastic bag near Georgia woods

Last edited:
The above article says hospital workers named the girl "India". It sounds like she is stable and will survive. I hope she is placed in a loving home. And I hope those who abandoned her to die are found and prosecuted. MOO.

Whew, this hurts the heart. How could anyone?

As Sheriff Freeman said “It is without doubt a divine intervention that this child was found,”

What an understatement -- remote setting, basically in a ditch in a plastic bag. Little darling probably would not have survived if those folks had taken even one more day vacation. She is just so meant to be alive.

With Safe Haven laws, why does this still happen?

In Georgia, no one ever has to abandon a child again.

Georgia Safe Haven Law Details | Baby Safe Haven

I think there can sometimes be circumstances where a female has given birth at home, is in a panic and not thinking straight, and they don't have the wherewithal or transportation to get to one of those health facilities (if they're aware of the Safe Haven law.

That might not be the circumstances here, I don't know.

I'm very grateful baby was found alive. I hope she will find amazing forever parents to give her the love and care she needs and deserves.

I live just down the road from here. It's one of the wealthiest counties in the country. And while the baby was placed in an isolated stretch of road/woods it is NOT an isolated area. We're talking right next to one of the biggest wealthiest neighborhoods. The houses are over 400k to 700k.

Instead of being placed in a yard or doorstep baby was placed in a plastic bag deep in the nearest section of woods where the sheriff said she'd likely never have been found if the family hadn't heard her. My guess is a panicked teen hiding a pregnancy who didn't have a license or means to get baby anywhere else quickly and just wanted baby gone before being caught. But at the same time it was clearly done with the intent for baby to not be found. Scared teen or not she left the baby to die. There was not even a towel around the infant. It had been raining all day and thunderstorms all day and it was about to get even worse out there when baby was found.

I have a friend from this area as well who suggested someone involved in sex trafficking. But that really makes no sense to me. If someone was being trafficked I'd assume those over them would have worked out an abortion ahead of time. Or would have more carefully disposed of a baby once born so it would not be found at all. But a sex trafficked victim who could give birth and leave the home long enough to dump a baby in the woods without being watched or caught? I don't know....

It's so great to see baby is healthy. I hope she is placed in a loving home.
At this point it doesn't seem like anyone will be coming forward to admit to abandoning her to die. I think LE will need to do a genealogical DNA test in order to find her birth mother's name. MOO.

I worry that without finding the parents, baby India will not be eligible for adoption and some day her birth parents could waltz back into her life and disrupt her. I wish mom had just placed her for adoption the legal way and baby India would be protected.

"The Forsyth County Sheriff’s Office on Tuesday released body camera footage from the night a baby was found abandoned in the woods tied in a plastic shopping bag. The graphic video shows the girl, who authorities named India, being cut out of the plastic bag. The umbilical cord is attached. “We release this footage in hopes to receive credible information on the identity of Baby India and to show how important it is to find closure in this case,” the sheriff’s office said in a Facebook post.

India was found June 6 on an isolated stretch of Daves Creek Road in the southern part of Forsyth County, according to Sheriff Ron Freeman. Her cries attracted the attention of a family in a nearby home, AJC.com previously reported. The family had been away on a trip, and returned just before 10 p.m. that evening. As they were unpacking their bags, a child heard the baby’s cries, Freeman said. The family called 911.

Homeowner Alan Ragetz told Channel 2 Action News he might never have gone into the woods to investigate if it wasn’t for his daughters’ persistence. He thought it was a wild animal wailing in the woods, but he went along when the girls grabbed their flashlights.
The sound was coming from a pile of leaves. “We went down, pulled it up, there was a poor little baby wrapped in a plastic bag,” he said. “She was alive, she was crying, so we figured that was a good sign.”"
Body cam footage released of abandoned baby found in Forsyth County
AbandonedBaby1.JPG_web.jpg

Body Cam video was released today...

New body cam footage has been released of Baby India, the newborn girl found abandoned in a plastic bag in the woods earlier this month.

The baby was found on June 6 in good condition.

Authorities are searching for the baby’s mother.

The baby is in the care of the Department of Family and Children Services.

Anyone with information related to the case is asked to contact the Forsyth County Sheriff's Office's tip line at (770) 888-7308. Your call can be anonymous.

Police release new body cam video of infant found abandoned in Georgia woods
Video at link

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper