GA - Forsyth Co, Newborn Girl FOUND ALIVE in Plastic Bag, Baby India, Jun 2019 *birth mom arrested 2023*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
j2.jpg

FORSYTH COUNTY - Bond has been denied for Karima Jiwani, who is accused of dumping Baby India in a wooded area in Forsyth County in 2019.

During her court appearance on Saturday morning, a lawyer for 40-year-old Jiwani told the court that Jiwani suffered from postpartum depression and postpartum psychosis like "millions" of other women in this country.

He also pointed out that Jiwani has no criminal history and is a homeowner and stay-at-home mom to 3 minor children.

District Attorney Penny Penn pointed out that postpartum depression doesn't occur until a length of time after a child has been born and Jiwani is accused of dumping her child in the woods within hours of birth.

j2.jpg

FORSYTH COUNTY - Bond has been denied for Karima Jiwani, who is accused of dumping Baby India in a wooded area in Forsyth County in 2019.

During her court appearance on Saturday morning, a lawyer for 40-year-old Jiwani told the court that Jiwani suffered from postpartum depression and postpartum psychosis like "millions" of other women in this country.

He also pointed out that Jiwani has no criminal history and is a homeowner and stay-at-home mom to 3 minor children.

District Attorney Penny Penn pointed out that postpartum depression doesn't occur until a length of time after a child has been born and Jiwani is accused of dumping her child in the woods within hours of birth.
rbbm
''He also pointed out that Jiwani has no criminal history and is a homeowner and stay-at-home mom to 3 minor children.''

If the baby had been a boy, wondering if things would have played out differently? speculation, imo.

Last edited:
''Other than her arrest, Jiwani, 40, has no known criminal record. According to Forsyth County Sheriff Ron Freeman, Jiwani has a history of either unknown or concealing previous pregnancies, but there is no evidence she’s tried to kill other newborns.

Jiwani’s name is listed as the registered agent of a company called S-A-J Food Mart, which is linked to a home in Cumming. She was once a licensed cosmetologist in Georgia for a number of years, using a Decatur address.

During Friday’s new conference, Freeman repeatedly said Jiwani could have given up the child and faced no criminal charges.''

''If you have questions or are considering abandoning a newborn, you can call or text the National Safe Haven Alliance at 1-888-510-BABY (2229).''

''Other than her arrest, Jiwani, 40, has no known criminal record. According to Forsyth County Sheriff Ron Freeman, Jiwani has a history of either unknown or concealing previous pregnancies, but there is no evidence she’s tried to kill other newborns.

Jiwani’s name is listed as the registered agent of a company called S-A-J Food Mart, which is linked to a home in Cumming. She was once a licensed cosmetologist in Georgia for a number of years, using a Decatur address.

During Friday’s new conference, Freeman repeatedly said Jiwani could have given up the child and faced no criminal charges.''

''If you have questions or are considering abandoning a newborn, you can call or text the National Safe Haven Alliance at 1-888-510-BABY (2229).''
Pure speculation but, if married at the time, perhaps the baby wasn't her husband's.

jmo

I have been thinking a lot about this. I think we will find that many times the safe haven law will not help. We have heard of other teens doing this. Throwing away babies. I can never for the life of me, having two babies myself, how a parent does not know their child is pregnant. I think maybe some parents are not involved? Anyways, my thoughts are that if they can’t drive...what’s the safe haven option? Especially if they are not resourceful and terrified of their parents. Just food for thought. More rambling. IMO. I hate that this happens.
I know it won't help all babies but we are also trying to get Safe Haven Baby Boxes installed. If it saves one life it is worth it! There are really a lot more newborns that are taken in under the safe haven law than that is in the news....

I know it won't help all babies but we are also trying to get Safe Haven Baby Boxes installed. If it saves one life it is worth it! There are really a lot more newborns that are taken in under the safe haven law than that is in the news....
''Under Georgia’s Safe Haven law, a mother can drop off their newborn up to 30 days after giving birth to a hospital, fire station or police department without criminal penalty. According to a 2020 National Institute of Health report, at least 4,100 children were safely surrendered nationwide since 1999.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unique sky 6793
Back