GA GA - Garland Warren, 82, driving, has dementia, Laurens County, seen driving in Twiggs County, 10 Jun 2024

In a statement released on Monday, Sheriff Dix wrote:

"We have had questions about civilians and civilian groups coming to Spalding County to search for Mr. Warren, and we have had a few reports of it. It has led to Deputies and Investigators being sent on a couple of wild goose chases by folks that mean well, but do not have the facts that we are using to conduct this investigation. All this does is move our attention away from locating Mr. Warren and slow things down because we will be having to deal with them at the same time. Even if we search an area, we may have to return to it based on new information we receive as the investigation continues and new leads are developed. Having people trample through these areas on foot, on ATV’s, with dogs, horses, and search areas on their own does not help, it can actually hinder our investigation and the gathering of pertinent evidence. If we need outside help, we have no problem reaching out to citizens and asking for help…”
"I have said many times before, when an investigation is being conducted, we just can’t blurt out everything we know or do a minute-by-minute update.“
'GOOD ON' Sheriff Dix -- best statement I've seen on explaining to 'the folks' why public enthusiasm is not always appreciated by LE.

JUN 25, 2024
[...]

SCSO has also asked for citizens to let the law enforcement handle the searches from here on out, stating that volunteers can unintentionally tamper with possible crime scenes.

Lead volunteer Brodi Barrow says he has narrowed warren’s location down to several counties.

“we think Mr. Warrens's whereabouts are in between Lamar county and Spalding county over into Butts county. Monroe could also be a possible or in this general area. We're going to let Spalding County handle their investigation," said Dix.

Sheriff Darrel Dix told WGXA early Tuesday that there is new information on the case that they are following up on and will keep us updated.

JUN 25, 2024
[...]

They (Osborne & Peppers) live together about ten minutes away from the Dollar General, and their neighbor Kenneth Meeks said he saw them being arrested on Saturday.

"They were here six, seven hours investigating the house," Meeks said.

[...]

"Everybody that pulled up got out with guns on em. Went in the house, got her, brought her out in handcuffs first. Brought him out next. He is screaming, 'Is this what you get for helping somebody?'" Meeks said.

He said they moved in next door to him about a year ago. Warren's daughter, Michelle Warren, said her dad had no connections to the county.

"It's very surprising because my daddy had no business up there. No relations with family, no relations with business. Nothing," she said.

[...]

JUN 26, 2024
The search for a missing Laurens County man has reached day 16.

Since the disappearance of 82-year-old Garland Warren, multiple law enforcement agencies and citizens have been searching for him and his missing dog, but as of right now they are still unable to locate him.

JUN 26, 2024
The search for a missing Laurens County man has reached day 16.

Since the disappearance of 82-year-old Garland Warren, multiple law enforcement agencies and citizens have been searching for him and his missing dog, but as of right now they are still unable to locate him.
I think he's in water somewhere. That's where they found the man who was missing from Locust Grove, I think. These two suspects will stick with doing what they may have done before.
IMO

You might want to call this in to LE if you haven't already. MOO and great find.
They know, it's been in the comments on LE's FB page.
I'm not far from Griffin, and wish that I was physically able to go help search. I also wish that the two in custody would let loose with some information on Mr. Warren.
IMO.

They know, it's been in the comments on LE's FB page.
I'm not far from Griffin, and wish that I was physically able to go help search. I also wish that the two in custody would let loose with some information on Mr. Warren.
IMO.
Okay good. I was not aware of those comments but I'm glad people have made LE aware of the connection.

The Sheriff’s office has posted an update today 6/27. Mr. Warren’s dog was found alive at GA Hwy 16 at Windy Lane and has been turned over to the Lauren’s County authorities.

Much more information is included in the link. However, Mr. Warren has not yet been located.

JUN 27, 2024
[...]

Robert Peppers, 56, and Kelly Osborne, 62, were arrested on Saturday after they were interrogated by the Spalding County Sheriff's Office.

[...]

But after they were arrested, a previous case involving Osborne's husband had come to light.

Osborne's husband, Timothy Osborne, had gone missing for two weeks before he was found dead in a body of water, according to a story from our sister station in Atlanta 11Alive. Police said at the time that he had Dementia and needed daily medication.

With the similarities to the Warrens case, many people have been sharing that story online and Dix says they've received multiple tips about it. Dix says they have the missing-persons report from Osborne's disappearance and they are evaluating it.

[...]

The Spalding County Sheriff's Office says that a couple was driving 4-wheelers on Wallace Road on June 15 when they saw a black pickup truck with its rear tires in the ditch. The couple took photos of the truck, which they then later shared with authorities.
Those photos were confirmed to be the truck Warren was driving when he went missing, and in one of the photos, Warren's dog Smokey was pictured. It was the same area where Peppers says he found the truck.
They say those photos were taken six days before the truck was found by the Spalding County Sheriff's Office at the Dollar General.

I don’t understand how this could just happen. He left the house on his own, in his own car… they end up with his mail and other unidentified belongings and drive (but don’t keep) his car. And they’ve been tied to another similar case in the past? It’s eerie. It’s been so long and after the heatwave I’m not holding out much hope for him. I just feel so terribly sorry for his wife and family. Hoping law enforcement doesn’t ever give up pushing for answers on this one.

The dog, found near Georgia Hwy. 16 at Windy Lane, had been taken in by a “Good Samaritan” who contacted authorities.

The teams searched the area around Wallace Road in Butts County, where Warren’s truck was photographed on June 15, before the truck was discovered by Spalding County Deputies at a Dollar General on June 21.

Sheriff Dix addressed ongoing frustration from those in the community.

“I know folks are frustrated, so are we and everyone else searching for Mr. Warren,” he said. “Everybody wants answers, and for someone to be held accountable. Right now at this particular moment in time, as much as people want us to, there is not enough evidence to charge Osborn and Peppers with anything other than what they have been charged with. Both waived their rights and have been interviewed by Investigators extensively. We have to go where the evidence and facts lead us, not where our emotions and theories want to take us. In the end there is a big difference between believing somebody was involved, saying you know they were involved, and proving they were involved in front of a jury. When you get in that courtroom you only have one chance to get it right or you lose everything.”

The next day, the Butts County Sheriff's Office got a call about a dog matching the description of Smokey was found near Ga. Highway 16 at Windy Lane. The caller had been taking care of Smokey and reached out to authorities after seeing news of Warren and Smokey's disappearance.

The dog was identified as Warren's and has been turned over to the Laurens County Sheriff's Office.

At this time, Warren still remains missing. Citizens are asked to refrain from searching, however, multiple law enforcement agencies are still looking for Warren. Anyone with any information is advised to call the Spalding County Sheriff's Office.

JUN 26, 2024
[...]

Wednesday morning, a large-scale search operation was conducted by approximately 75 searchers from various agencies, including Spalding County Sheriff’s Office, Butts County Sheriff’s Office and Laurens County Sheriff’s Office. The teams searched the area around Wallace Road in Butts County, where Warren’s truck was photographed on June 15, before the truck was discovered by Spalding County deputies at a Dollar General on June 21.

“They searched the entire area including woods, checking creeks, culverts, ditches, trash piles, abandoned houses, drainage pipes, bodies of water, and anywhere else they could go, or Mr. Warren could have gone,” Sheriff Darrell Dix said.

[...]

Further investigation through statewide Flock Safety cameras yielded no new information related to Warren’s truck or any connected vehicles.

[...]

I don’t understand how this could just happen. He left the house on his own, in his own car… they end up with his mail and other unidentified belongings and drive (but don’t keep) his car. And they’ve been tied to another similar case in the past? It’s eerie. It’s been so long and after the heatwave I’m not holding out much hope for him. I just feel so terribly sorry for his wife and family. Hoping law enforcement doesn’t ever give up pushing for answers on this one.
I don't get it either. What is the motive here? I am assuming something monetary but according to the daughter GW had no personal or business ties to the area. Very strange.

A tragic development in the search for a missing Laurens County man.

Brodi Barrow, a lead volunteer searcher, told WGXA News that the body of 82-year-old Garland Warren was found in Butts County.

According to Barrow, Warren's body was found somewhat close to the ditch where his truck was originally found

Haven’t found additional confirmation yet.
ETA: just found these post by LE

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soraxtm