Found Deceased GA - Heather McDonald, 27, Cartersville, 19 Sept 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang. Caught up on the thread and I don't know what I think. :sigh:

Topix can be interesting when there's a lack of other information forthcoming....today....a few minutes ago.....

One other case I followed, young missing girl, eventually found alive, but had been raped. Lots of the stuff on Topix said about the players in that case actually turned out to true.

Does this mean they returned to the Courtesy today for a 2nd visit or is it just a delayed reporting of yesterday's visit? Confused :/
Good question. I will look and see if there is anything in MSM that I can link to.

My first post on WS but I've been following this case - having young kids of my own my heart breaks for those girls, praying they find Heather. Like @Magdalyn said a bit ago, Topix can be interesting and I'm hoping some of the recent posts (today) don't point more to her not being found alive. I hate it, but I don't think, no matter the outcome, those young girls' lives will ever be the same. 😥

Topix can be interesting when there's a lack of other information forthcoming....today....a few minutes ago.....

One other case I followed, young missing girl, eventually found alive, but had been raped. Lots of the stuff on Topix said about the players in that case actually turned out to true.

Yes, Topix was on fire. Unfortunately, I don't see how publicly bashing the husband for his infidelities will lead to finding Heather. I'm sure he remains on LE's list of potentials, but that post seemed very self serving to me. From the beginning, it was obvious there were troubles in their marriage and when is it ever one-sided? I'm clearly not condoning his behavior and maybe Heather felt she was just evening the score if indeed the speculations are true. IMHO, Stefan was aware of her drug use (and possible avenues she used to get the drugs); but I still believe it is her drug use that likely lead to her disappearance.

My first post on WS but I've been following this case - having young kids of my own my heart breaks for those girls, praying they find Heather. Like @Magdalyn said a bit ago, Topix can be interesting and I'm hoping some of the recent posts (today) don't point more to her not being found alive. I hate it, but I don't think, no matter the outcome, those young girls' lives will ever be the same. ��

Welcome to Websleuths ! :wagon:

I agree. One thing we know for sure, those babies are innocent in all this. They must be so scared and sad. :(

Yes, Topix was on fire. Unfortunately, I don't see how publicly bashing the husband for his infidelities will lead to finding Heather. I'm sure he remains on LE's list of potentials, but that post seemed very self serving to me. From the beginning, it was obvious there were troubles in their marriage and when is it ever one-sided? I'm clearly not condoning his behavior and maybe Heather felt she was just evening the score if indeed the speculations are true. IMHO, Stefan was aware of her drug use (and possible avenues she used to get the drugs); but I still believe it is her drug use that likely lead to her disappearance.

You could be right. I'm sure the GBI and FBI are exploring all possible angles. It remains to be seen what info will lead to finding out what happened to Heather.

Good question. I will look and see if there is anything in MSM that I can link to.
"Cartersville Police, Bartow County Sheriff’s deputies and the GBI are also looking for Heather. Wednesday evening they acted on a tip and showed up with search warrants at the Courtesy Inn but say it didn’t pan out."
http://www.newsradio1067.com/2016/10/06/search-ramps-up-for-missing-cartersville-mother/
I can't find a link to WSB 2 from yesterday. It has been updated with a new video. This is what was stated last night and there is no mention of the FBI. Hopefully they are there interviewing people and thankfully there are many that do "live" there so, maybe someone will provide something of use.

Slightly O/T: Two cases off the top of my head where Dad killed Mom, voluntarily leaving him a single dad with young kids...

Josh Powell
Ganesh Remy Ramsaran

Remy was screwing around with his wife's 'best friend'. I think he thought his also married with kids girlfriend would be the new mama. Josh Powell? Ugh. Too complicated and twisted to explain. And very, very sad. (Both cases are on Websleuths, if you're not familiar.)

I don't necessarily think the husband in this case murdered his wife (I'm still fence sitting and reading up), but I think sometimes one spouse kills another without thinking through the full ramifications. I mean, I'm thinking if one spouse kills another in a sudden rage, no one's thinking logistics of childcare, ya know what I mean? And I think others over-estimate their brilliance at never getting caught and assume some other woman (or 'THE other woman') will swoop in to help, and family will pitch in. JMO.
Thanks for the reminder. I remember Josh Powell and his dad. The other I will have to read up on one night when I can't sleep.
Imho...I can see a dad raising his sons but raising 3 daughters? It would get the sympathy of mom's in the area though.

Sent from my SM-G930V

So, front what I recall, there was not an actual spotting of Heather in Acworth. Only that she said she was going to a friend's house and then was seen leaving a different friend's house in the next morning. How do we know she was ever in Acworth? With reports of the Jeep being seen at the motel all weekend, is it possible that's where she was spotted leaving a different friend's house. I don't know this particular location, but similar places charge weekly rates and the people that stay there really consider it their home, rather than being a guest at a motel. If she went there for drugs or prostitution (just throwing out worst case scenario), why would she leave? Where was the Jeep actually found the night of the 19th? I thought it was found by the police because it seemed out of place. Was it found by the dumpster or closer to the entrance of the motel? Had it been moved? I do think the manner in which it was found is suspicious and how unfortunate that it wasn't hauled in for processing. If my husband found my car in that condition and I was nowhere around, he would freak out (unless he was familiar with why I was hanging out there). If the Jeep was staged to throw LE off, I then doubt the story of her arguing with the 2-3 men. It also could be a coverup to draw attention away from the party she was really with there.
I have never heard by LE or other rumored sources that the jeep was at the front of the hotel. I was shown the back parking area(considered rumor) and others have said next to the dumpster which I believe is in the back parking area. The back parking area is next to a concrete? wall with dog walk sprayed painted on it and I was told(rumor) that no one really parks there.. Only 2 rows, I believe up close to the rooms or next to the wall and would be considered out of place.(rumor)

I can go get a pic tomorrow after 1030a.m.

Sent from my SM-G930V

So, front what I recall, there was not an actual spotting of Heather in Acworth. Only that she said she was going to a friend's house and then was seen leaving a different friend's house in the next morning. How do we know she was ever in Acworth? With reports of the Jeep being seen at the motel all weekend, is it possible that's where she was spotted leaving a different friend's house. I don't know this particular location, but similar places charge weekly rates and the people that stay there really consider it their home, rather than being a guest at a motel. If she went there for drugs or prostitution (just throwing out worst case scenario), why would she leave? Where was the Jeep actually found the night of the 19th? I thought it was found by the police because it seemed out of place. Was it found by the dumpster or closer to the entrance of the motel? Had it been moved? I do think the manner in which it was found is suspicious and how unfortunate that it wasn't hauled in for processing. If my husband found my car in that condition and I was nowhere around, he would freak out (unless he was familiar with why I was hanging out there). If the Jeep was staged to throw LE off, I then doubt the story of her arguing with the 2-3 men. It also could be a coverup to draw attention away from the party she was really with there.
So her rental was not held by LE?

Sent from my SM-G930V

Acworth was where she was going for girl time.
Acworth was where she was arrested for drugs and also where she wrecked her car.

Slightly O/T: Two cases off the top of my head where Dad killed Mom, voluntarily leaving him a single dad with young kids...

Josh Powell
Ganesh Remy Ramsaran

Remy was screwing around with his wife's 'best friend'. I think he thought his also married with kids girlfriend would be the new mama. Josh Powell? Ugh. Too complicated and twisted to explain. And very, very sad. (Both cases are on Websleuths, if you're not familiar.)

I don't necessarily think the husband in this case murdered his wife (I'm still fence sitting and reading up), but I think sometimes one spouse kills another without thinking through the full ramifications. I mean, I'm thinking if one spouse kills another in a sudden rage, no one's thinking logistics of childcare, ya know what I mean? And I think others over-estimate their brilliance at never getting caught and assume some other woman (or 'THE other woman') will swoop in to help, and family will pitch in. JMO.

Sent from my SM-G930V

Does this mean they returned to the Courtesy today for a 2nd visit or is it just a delayed reporting of yesterday's visit? Confused :/
I believe a second visit today!

Sent from my SM-G930V

My first post on WS but I've been following this case - having young kids of my own my heart breaks for those girls, praying they find Heather. Like @Magdalyn said a bit ago, Topix can be interesting and I'm hoping some of the recent posts (today) don't point more to her not being found alive. I hate it, but I don't think, no matter the outcome, those young girls' lives will ever be the same. 😥
Welcome lovehisname!

Sent from my SM-G930V

As of now I consider his infidelity rumor.

Sent from my SM-G930V

"Cartersville Police, Bartow County Sheriff’s deputies and the GBI are also looking for Heather. Wednesday evening they acted on a tip and showed up with search warrants at the Courtesy Inn but say it didn’t pan out."
http://www.newsradio1067.com/2016/10/06/search-ramps-up-for-missing-cartersville-mother/
I can't find a link to WSB 2 from yesterday. It has been updated with a new video. This is what was stated last night and there is no mention of the FBI. Hopefully they are there interviewing people and thankfully there are many that do "live" there so, maybe someone will provide something of use.
I can ask someone that lives there but until MSM posts it consider it rumor even if I get a Yes that they came back.

Sent from my SM-G930V

There were at least 2 sources saying that the Jeep was found by the police (http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/bartow-county/mother-of-3-missing-more-than-a-week/451452242), but no indication of where. From the pics I've seen of the motel, I wondered if it was spotted by the police on a drive-by or if they were driving through the parking lot and discovered it. There were rumors that it had been by the dumpster all weekend and certainly possible that the police drive through frequently. I'll have to look (could be rumored), but I remember seeing that the husband was called and picked up the Jeep (no timeframe given). Hopefully, they were able to process it, but since they stated early on that they didn't think it was a kidnapping, they may have just released it. It does appear that she had connections to Acworth, just curious as to how someone would have seen her leaving a different friend's house if she was indeed in Acworth. Of course, there are those reports of her saying she thought someone was following her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper