Found Deceased GA - Heather McDonald, 27, Cartersville, 19 Sept 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There were at least 2 sources saying that the Jeep was found by the police (http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/bartow-county/mother-of-3-missing-more-than-a-week/451452242), but no indication of where. From the pics I've seen of the motel, I wondered if it was spotted by the police on a drive-by or if they were driving through the parking lot and discovered it. There were rumors that it had been by the dumpster all weekend and certainly possible that the police drive through frequently. I'll have to look (could be rumored), but I remember seeing that the husband was called and picked up the Jeep (no timeframe given). Hopefully, they were able to process it, but since they stated early on that they didn't think it was a kidnapping, they may have just released it. It does appear that she had connections to Acworth, just curious as to how someone would have seen her leaving a different friend's house if she was indeed in Acworth. Of course, there are those reports of her saying she thought someone was following her.
The rumor I have has been since that friday before found.

Sent from my SM-G930V

Is it strange that none of her friends have posted, I just talked the her on such and such day or I talked to her on this date????
In fact NO ONE has posted anything on any public forum, that they personally spoke to or saw her at all that weekend!!!
She had her bags packed.
Was she planning on leaving him?
IMO, When the story doesn't add up it is because the truth was not part of the equation.

I believe something will break soon.

Is it strange that none of her friends have posted, I just talked the her on such and such day or I talked to her on this date????
In fact NO ONE has posted anything on any public forum, that they personally spoke to or saw her at all that weekend!!!
She had her bags packed.
Was she planning on leaving him?
IMO, When the story doesn't add up it is because the truth was not part of the equation.

I believe something will break soon.

I find it strange. But I think it's possible that the friends who were defending her character may not have had as much contact with her recently, especially if she was mixed up with drugs. Her new associates wouldn't be as concerned about her whereabouts because they either know where she is or don't really care. Drugs can turn a person into someone they don't even recognize themselves. If she had been battling depression, she may have withdrawn from the caring people who could have helped her through these last few months. I do hope something breaks soon. Someone posted a few hours ago on the Cartersville PD's FB page questioning whether she had been found as he had been told by someone that she had. It may be policy not to comment, but I can't imagine the family wondering if it's true.

http://onlineathens.com/local-news/2016-10-06/gbi-fbi-join-search-missing-cartersville-woman#

I know this was brought up briefly but the video at the above link also says that the FBI is working to pull data off her phone from before she went missing. Can they access her info even without having the phone? Is it all in "the cloud" somewhere? Anyone know?
Yes they can find out who she called or texted as well as her cell phones location at the time. They when and where it was turned off. They just can't ping it if it's off.

It was reported that the police returned to the motel last night because they got a tip a man was spotted there that might have been seen with Heather there earlier. This tells me the police believe the reports of witnesses who saw her arguing with some men. jmo

Was the FBI also at the Courtesy Inn last night? I thought the tip might turn out to be the man who the BOLO was issued for last week, as he was wanted in Florida. Is it normal for the FBI to get involved if all parties involved are local to the area? I was under the impression they would only assist if someone was taken across state lines (kidnapped) or if someone was wanted in another state. Can someone enlighten me?

Was the FBI also at the Courtesy Inn last night? I thought the tip might turn out to be the man who the BOLO was issued for last week, as he was wanted in Florida. Is it normal for the FBI to get involved if all parties involved are local to the area? I was under the impression they would only assist if someone was taken across state lines (kidnapped) or if someone was wanted in another state. Can someone enlighten me?

FBI can choose to come in if asked by state agencies

I was told(rumor) that FBI was NOT seen today at the Courtesy Inn.

Sent from my SM-G930V

I am still scratching my head on that one.

Have we confirmed that Stefan actually reported her missing prior to or at least at the time that the car was found? I mean, there hasn't been any mention (that I recall, anyway) that the PD was on the look out for Heather or her vehicle, only that it "looked out of place" for that location. Maybe that's why they turned it over to Stefan? Just MOO

Have we confirmed that Stefan actually reported her missing prior to or at least at the time that the car was found? I mean, there hasn't been any mention (that I recall, anyway) that the PD was on the look out for Heather or her vehicle, only that it "looked out of place" for that location. Maybe that's why they turned it over to Stefan? Just MOO
She was not reported missing until after the car was found. According to her cousin, who is actively searching for her, it has not been confirmed she was ever at the motel.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10153918250032197&id=505762196

So, front what I recall, there was not an actual spotting of Heather in Acworth. Only that she said she was going to a friend's house and then was seen leaving a different friend's house in the next morning. How do we know she was ever in Acworth? With reports of the Jeep being seen at the motel all weekend, is it possible that's where she was spotted leaving a different friend's house. I don't know this particular location, but similar places charge weekly rates and the people that stay there really consider it their home, rather than being a guest at a motel. If she went there for drugs or prostitution (just throwing out worst case scenario), why would she leave? Where was the Jeep actually found the night of the 19th? I thought it was found by the police because it seemed out of place. Was it found by the dumpster or closer to the entrance of the motel? Had it been moved? I do think the manner in which it was found is suspicious and how unfortunate that it wasn't hauled in for processing. If my husband found my car in that condition and I was nowhere around, he would freak out (unless he was familiar with why I was hanging out there). If the Jeep was staged to throw LE off, I then doubt the story of her arguing with the 2-3 men. It also could be a coverup to draw attention away from the party she was really with there.

Regarding the BBM (bolded by me):

I didn't want to contemplate this either. But I saw an interview with a 'guest of the hotel' and he said something like "one of the girls got kidnapped". One of the girls sounded sort of like...one of the girls who....works there? As opposed to "I heard a lady was kidnapped."

My computer is having fits and won't let me copy the link. The video can be found if you google 11 alive FBI GBI join search for missing Cartersville mother. (If someone else can post the link, that'd be great!)

Regarding the BBM (bolded by me):

I didn't want to contemplate this either. But I saw an interview with a 'guest of the hotel' and he said something like "one of the girls got kidnapped". One of the girls sounded sort of like...one of the girls who....works there? As opposed to "I heard a lady was kidnapped."

My computer is having fits and won't let me copy the link. The video can be found if you google 11 alive FBI GBI join search for missing Cartersville mother. (If someone else can post the link, that'd be great!)
https://www.google.com/amp/www.11al...rch-for-misssing-cartersville-woman/329395102

It sounded like he was just repeating what he was told by police as to why they were in the woods.
MOO

Makes one wonder if they told the guy "one of 'the girls' got kidnapped". Could be nothing. The phrasing just struck me as odd.

(thanks for attaching the link!)
I don't like the fact that the PIO said she hasn't been seen since the 2nd week of September. (That does not equal the 18th of the month.) IMO

Someone had noted early on that rental cars have GPS....trackable if missing. The car may have been intentionally parked there and ditched with the keys. Being a shady location, someone who steals cars knows how to check if a car is a rental...supposedly by a sticker on the car door. They opened the door and moved on. I am curious if she OD'd....so many opiates are custom made with fentanyl, which is so deadly. "Friends" may have dumped her body somewhere and ditched the car from their location. Sadly, this happened to my son's friend. It has been 3 years and they still have not found out who dumped him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper