GA - Heather McDonald, 27, found deceased, Cartersville, 19 Sept 2016 *arrest in 2023* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why are we discussing Heroin use on this thread? Heather wasn't arrested for Heroin. With the charges it was likely pain killers or Xanax. Was the POI a Heroin addict? I've forgotten what his previous charges were other than being a RSO. Is there ANYTHING new on Heather's case? Is the POI still in custody or did he bond out?

Why are we discussing Heroin use on this thread? Heather wasn't arrested for Heroin. With the charges it was likely pain killers or Xanax. Was the POI a Heroin addict? I've forgotten what his previous charges were other than being a RSO. Is there ANYTHING new on Heather's case? Is the POI still in custody or did he bond out?
OFF TOPIC
It went off a few pages back.
I should have marked my post as Off Topic as it has nothing to do with what is known from the loss of Heather.
I saw the word mentioned in a post and i was curious. I am also curious about the abuse of xanax. I will ask later if circumstances present themselves or poke around here or elsewhere.
I just don't understand. I remember readind once somewhere there was a drug "once" used and you are addicted! I don't remember which drug and could probably even be more than one by now.

I do hope Heather was not a victim to drugs. We have learned thru the years it happens in the best of families.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I seem to recall there was no bond. I haven't seen anything new. Seems as thought they are awaiting autopsy report. I hope it's telling. It's hard to believe, seeing the people involved, that this case wouldn't be solved. I guess it will depend on the effort put into it.

The POI is still in custody. I'm not sure what the standard hold time is for the not registering as a RSO offense is, but having pointed the gun towards LE may be what's keeping him there now. There hasn't been anything in the news upgrading the RSO charge, just speculating. HM's mother had commented on a picture of RH's back in February. I really get the impression that her family was not aware of him being a RSO. I can honestly say that I don't do checks on everyone I encounter, especially those I meet at church. IMO, HM trusted him maybe as a big brother or uncle figure. There's no doubt he was seen with her that weekend. On one of his 4 FB pages, the week before HM disappeared, he talked about having no friends and deciding to move away and start over or just disappear completely. Can't help but wonder how things would've turned out if he had :(

This is probably an OD and dump case. The leading cause to the heroin epidemic, begins with pain killer addictions. (Which are very expensive) The addiction with pain killers begins with the complete suppression of feelings, when not taken for pain, which some find to be a huge emotional relief. But this effect only lasts so long. One must then increase their pill use (very expensive) to get the same effects. This is why addicts make the hop to heroin. In my son's friend circle alone, they know over 20 people who have overdosed from heroin. All started on pain killers. All were good kids. Most were dumped during/after OD-ing. Most OD'd from the heroin being cut with Fentanyl, which is up to 100X stronger than heroin and the leading cause to the overdose epidemic. These idiots making the street doses are far from being chemists. Once you start heroin, you have to take it just to "not" feel sick. She is so tiny, she could easily have OD'd on either painkillers or heroin.

Heather's case will be on Crime Watch Daily with Chris Hansen tomorrow, November 16th if anyone wants to set their DVR.

Sorry if I missed it but have they said her cause of death?

Interested to hear y'all's thoughts on the CWD airing. The reporter gave the wrong date, saying Sept. 18th was a Saturday, when it was really a Sunday. But I think it's pretty clear she left on Saturday, the 17th. The show didn't really sway me one way or another, but I do think there were quite a few details left out and I found myself reading between the lines a good bit. Here are a few things I found to be new (to me) or surprising...

1. HM was still working (part time) at the QuikTrip when she disappeared.

2. SM confirms her arrest was for "pain medicine that wasn't prescribed to her" & "almost certainly" HM had friends he didn't know about.

3. It was a "guy friend" that HM went to stay with in Acworth when he thought she was going to a girlfriend's.
Coincidentally, in the reenactment, that's a pretty large duffle bag for a few days.

4. HM told SM and her sister that she thought she was being followed in the weeks before her disappearance.

5. JP met with someone who told him HM was being trafficked.

6. The motel manager's comment "there's no law that says my cameras have to work" is very telling of his cooperation (or lack thereof). There were 3 security cameras where HM's Jeep was parked and more cameras inside, none of which are working.

7. LE continues to be pretty tight-lipped. (not really surprising)

That motel creeps me out. The maze and multiple exits inside just confirms that HM could've easily been there the night the Jeep was recovered as well as the night the GBI searched. They would've had to set a pretty large perimeter with more manpower to have adequately searched that dive. So we're back to not really knowing how long she was there or being held somewhere else. But IMO, whether she drove the Jeep there or it was staged, her actions were no longer voluntary. I also believe there are others that know what happened and the RSO is not the only one involved. But I fear if the toxicology shows drug use (despite possible force), HM won't get the justice she deserves. Of course, these are all MOO.

Here is the links to Crime Watch Daily if anyone missed it this morning. Very informative.

Part 1: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yTdBsN0tx9U

Part 2: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oDaF5-byrNY

Thank you for the links! I DVR'd it and forgot about it so I just now watched. This show was very helpful as it cleared up a few things we have debated. Here is what I noticed:

1. Heather left on Saturday, Sept 18th to go to a GIRLfriend's house for a girl's night in Acworth. He texted her on the 19th, however she did not reply after noon. He admitted he was angry when he didn't hear from her Sunday night. However, when her husband didn't hear back from her by Monday he called her girlfriend who said Heather had not been there/they did not have plans. Heather apparently lied to him about where she was going or who she was seeing. It appears he checked the location of her phone (doesn't explicitly say that in the show but it shows her phone location on a map) and found she was in Acworth but she was staying with a MALE friend instead. The reporter asks and her husband insists he doesn't think Heather was having an affair with the male friend even though she may have lied to him.

2. Heather's arrest was for having prescription pain drugs that did not belong to her/were not her prescription.. Her husband says he couldn't confirm who she got them from.

3. Heather's sister was interviewed and talked about Heather telling her she had seen people following her and watching her. She would see the same car everywhere she went.

4. The Crime Watch crew walked through the Courtesy Inn and you can see how dark and creepy it was at night. And also the cameras at the hotel DO NOT WORK. I did not recall that detail before. Did we know that and I forgot?

5. The family believes she was a victim of trafficking. A quote was "I was told she was a trafficking victim..." but he doesn't say WHO told him that.

6. The police cannot verify that she was ever at the Courtesy Inn, even though there are witnesses that say she was arguing with some men there. There is no evidence she was there.

7. The autopsy results will take a few more weeks.

Interested to hear y'all's thoughts on the CWD airing. The reporter gave the wrong date, saying Sept. 18th was a Saturday, when it was really a Sunday. But I think it's pretty clear she left on Saturday, the 17th. The show didn't really sway me one way or another, but I do think there were quite a few details left out and I found myself reading between the lines a good bit. Here are a few things I found to be new (to me) or surprising...

1. HM was still working (part time) at the QuikTrip when she disappeared.

2. SM confirms her arrest was for "pain medicine that wasn't prescribed to her" & "almost certainly" HM had friends he didn't know about.

3. It was a "guy friend" that HM went to stay with in Acworth when he thought she was going to a girlfriend's.
Coincidentally, in the reenactment, that's a pretty large duffle bag for a few days.

4. HM told SM and her sister that she thought she was being followed in the weeks before her disappearance.

5. JP met with someone who told him HM was being trafficked.

6. The motel manager's comment "there's no law that says my cameras have to work" is very telling of his cooperation (or lack thereof). There were 3 security cameras where HM's Jeep was parked and more cameras inside, none of which are working.

7. LE continues to be pretty tight-lipped. (not really surprising)

That motel creeps me out. The maze and multiple exits inside just confirms that HM could've easily been there the night the Jeep was recovered as well as the night the GBI searched. They would've had to set a pretty large perimeter with more manpower to have adequately searched that dive. So we're back to not really knowing how long she was there or being held somewhere else. But IMO, whether she drove the Jeep there or it was staged, her actions were no longer voluntary. I also believe there are others that know what happened and the RSO is not the only one involved. But I fear if the toxicology shows drug use (despite possible force), HM won't get the justice she deserves. Of course, these are all MOO.

I was writing my post as I watched and didn't see yours. I didn't even notice about the 17th being a Saturday.:gaah: I wish at least one news org would get the timeline right. Still it was pretty good amount of new info I think and interesting to watch another interview with her family before they found her. I agree that motel is super creepy. I think if she did overdose on something the most we can hope for is someone admits they dumped her body and gets charges for that. There's no way she walked the distance to where her body was found in the woods. IMO, someone put her there.

Thank you for the links! I DVR'd it and forgot about it so I just now watched. This show was very helpful as it cleared up a few things we have debated. Here is what I noticed:

1. Heather left on Saturday, Sept 18th to go to a GIRLfriend's house for a girl's night in Acworth. He texted her on the 19th, however she did not reply after noon. He admitted he was angry when he didn't hear from her Sunday night. However, when her husband didn't hear back from her by Monday he called her girlfriend who said Heather had not been there/they did not have plans. Heather apparently lied to him about where she was going or who she was seeing. It appears he checked the location of her phone (doesn't explicitly say that in the show but it shows her phone location on a map) and found she was in Acworth but she was staying with a MALE friend instead. The reporter asks and her husband insists he doesn't think Heather was having an affair with the male friend even though she may have lied to him.

2. Heather's arrest was for having prescription pain drugs that did not belong to her/were not her prescription.. Her husband says he couldn't confirm who she got them from.

3. Heather's sister was interviewed and talked about Heather telling her she had seen people following her and watching her. She would see the same car everywhere she went.

4. The Crime Watch crew walked through the Courtesy Inn and you can see how dark and creepy it was at night. And also the cameras at the hotel DO NOT WORK. I did not recall that detail before. Did we know that and I forgot?

5. The family believes she was a victim of trafficking. A quote was "I was told she was a trafficking victim..." but he doesn't say WHO told him that.

6. The police cannot verify that she was ever at the Courtesy Inn, even though there are witnesses that say she was arguing with some men there. There is no evidence she was there.

BBM- could these things possibly be related? Someone (not husband necessarily) suspected she was having an affair (or maybe even still using drugs) and was following her trying to get proof?

I'm pretty sure my husband would suspect I was having an affair if I said I was going to girls night, but instead was found having a sleepover with another man and had been spending other nights away in the recent past.

I don't want to imply husband is involved in her disappearance, I just thought it was kind of odd and I probably watch too much weird TV.

BBM- could these things possibly be related? Someone (not husband necessarily) suspected she was having an affair (or maybe even still using drugs) and was following her trying to get proof?

I'm pretty sure my husband would suspect I was having an affair if I said I was going to girls night, but instead was found having a sleepover with another man and had been spending other nights away in the recent past.

I don't want to imply husband is involved in her disappearance, I just thought it was kind of odd and I probably watch too much weird TV.

When I was watching the show I was actually expecting the reporter to ask that question-- had he hired a PI? Because I thought of it too. She was acting strange, got arrested for prescription pain pills not belonging to her and it SEEMS like she lied (If Heather did not lie, someone else did). If these things all happened before the incidents where she went missing it would not have been surprising if her husband hired a PI. BUT the reporter didn't ask and SM did not say anything about a PI. He even seemed reluctant to admit she may have been lying, IMO. He was trying really hard not to talk bad about Heather. I also was thinking if he HAD hired a PI we would know about it because the PI would know what happened to Heather. LE would find out if there was PI hired because they went through the computers and they would see communications/a bill. So, no I don't think there was a PI. It's actually too bad there wasn't one hired. We could know what happened. I hope someone who DOES know starts talking soon.

I'm glad to see that we hit on many of the same things! The Acworth friend has always been a mystery and I agree, it's obvious she didn't want SM to know where she really was. I had to go back and watch the part about him finding out, though. IMO, it looks as though they are using actors for the reenactment and showing the phones for effect. I say this because it says he had to "track down" the number for the friend she was supposed to be staying with (must've been someone HM didn't think he would contact to check her whereabouts, possibly someone he didn't know at all). They go on to say that SM discovered she WAS in Acworth but with a guy friend. The initial report said that she was "seen" leaving a different friend's house. So was there a witness who saw her leave that told SM? There was also the snapchat pics that he posted on FB from the night before and the morning of her disappearance and he questioned where one of the pics had been taken. I just get the feeling it took him a while to figure out who the guy friend was and he wouldn't have been afraid to say he had tracked her phone (doing all he could to locate her). I do get the sense that he was surprised to see she was not where she had said she would be. In a strange way, it's somewhat of a relief to know that although she had been seen coming and going at the RSO's residence, it doesn't appear she was staying there. All MOO. Still so many questions.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/bartow-county/mother-of-3-missing-more-than-a-week/451452242

I'm glad to see that we hit on many of the same things! The Acworth friend has always been a mystery and I agree, it's obvious she didn't want SM to know where she really was. I had to go back and watch the part about him finding out, though. IMO, it looks as though they are using actors for the reenactment and showing the phones for effect. I say this because it says he had to "track down" the number for the friend she was supposed to be staying with (must've been someone HM didn't think he would contact to check her whereabouts, possibly someone he didn't know at all). They go on to say that SM discovered she WAS in Acworth but with a guy friend. The initial report said that she was "seen" leaving a different friend's house. So was there a witness who saw her leave that told SM? There was also the snapchat pics that he posted on FB from the night before and the morning of her disappearance and he questioned where one of the pics had been taken. I just get the feeling it took him a while to figure out who the guy friend was and he wouldn't have been afraid to say he had tracked her phone (doing all he could to locate her). I do get the sense that he was surprised to see she was not where she had said she would be. In a strange way, it's somewhat of a relief to know that although she had been seen coming and going at the RSO's residence, it doesn't appear she was staying there. All MOO. Still so many questions.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/bartow-county/mother-of-3-missing-more-than-a-week/451452242

Yes, I see how they did not really elaborate on how he "tracked her down" to the other friend's house. I had considered it was possible she was seen at the RSO's house and that was the "friend" but he didn't want to admit it. They had the RSO in their home around their children and did not consider him a threat. Since the interview was before they found Heather's body it was also probably before they arrested the RSO. It would have been interesting to hear SM's opinion on the RSO in custody and how he thought he may fit in to this whole story about Heather being at a different friend's house and also being seen at the RSO's house. They know the location of the snapchats but never revealed it to the public so SM knows if those were taken at the RSO's house or another friend's house.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back