GA - Heather McDonald, 27, found deceased, Cartersville, 19 Sept 2016 *arrest in 2023* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IMO, someone DOES know and hopefully he's squealing like a pig behind bars. I don't think it was a PI either. But I wonder why they dismissed her concerns of being followed? Was it part of her "erratic" behavior in the weeks prior? IIRC, she had expressed the same concerns to someone at the donut shop and again the night she disappeared to the clerk at the gas station. She was in possession of hydrocodone in the recent arrest. I'm not saying she was addicted to it, I clearly have no expertise, but wanted to share this info about the side effects.

A hydrocodone addiction might also be an attempt to “numb” emotional pain caused from psychological trauma, feelings of anxiety or depression, or instances of abuse. In these cases, these would be psychological causes of an addiction to hydrocodone.

Psychological effects from using hydrocodone – Abusing hydrocodone can also have negative impacts on mental health. Here are some negative psychological and mental effects from abusing hydrocodone:

• Altered perception of reality
  • Personality shifts
  • Low self-esteem, negative body image
  • Feelings of anger, rage
  • Increased anxiety
  • Mood swings
  • Depression
  • Confusion, disorientation
  • Paranoia

https://www.addictionhope.com/hydrocodone/

When I was watching the show I was actually expecting the reporter to ask that question-- had he hired a PI? Because I thought of it too. She was acting strange, got arrested for prescription pain pills not belonging to her and it SEEMS like she lied (If Heather did not lie, someone else did). If these things all happened before the incidents where she went missing it would not have been surprising if her husband hired a PI. BUT the reporter didn't ask and SM did not say anything about a PI. He even seemed reluctant to admit she may have been lying, IMO. He was trying really hard not to talk bad about Heather. I also was thinking if he HAD hired a PI we would know about it because the PI would know what happened to Heather. LE would find out if there was PI hired because they went through the computers and they would see communications/a bill. So, no I don't think there was a PI. It's actually too bad there wasn't one hired. We could know what happened. I hope someone who DOES know starts talking soon.

Agreed. I thought SM may have been sticking with the Acworth location because to say she was in Cville would raise a lot of eyebrows and a change in story would only support the theory of her just leaving. Then when questioned about the guy friend, he said he was "nobody that she's had any kind of intimacy with or anything like that. Just a friend." Which again got me to thinking about the RSO. Maybe I just really want to believe she was with anyone other him. Coincidentally, the CWD interview was taped on October 27th. The RSO was arrested on October 7th and had been in jail in Cville for a week (since October 20th when he was released from the hospital). MSM didn't report him as a POI until after HM was found and ID'd (10/30, 11/2). Is it possible SM knew of RH at the time of the interview? Just speculating.

Yes, I see how they did not really elaborate on how he "tracked her down" to the other friend's house. I had considered it was possible she was seen at the RSO's house and that was the "friend" but he didn't want to admit it. They had the RSO in their home around their children and did not consider him a threat. Since the interview was before they found Heather's body it was also probably before they arrested the RSO. It would have been interesting to hear SM's opinion on the RSO in custody and how he thought he may fit in to this whole story about Heather being at a different friend's house and also being seen at the RSO's house. They know the location of the snapchats but never revealed it to the public so SM knows if those were taken at the RSO's house or another friend's house.

Curious why this new info is just now coming out. It seems the more facts put out to the public, the more people will hear about it and the more chances of someone seeing something or knowing something. With the way people talk, I am really astounded that no one has leaked who this friend is. I feel like the majority of the show put an emphasis on the drug use and her erratic behavior. Why wouldn't all this have been put out there? Maybe it could've sparked someone's memory, such as, being at the gas station at that time, being in Acworth. So much is missing to add up IMO.

Husband also said she was seen arguing with some makes an was saying she wanted to leave but they wouldn't let her.So who was holding her at the motel against her will?

Husband also said she was seen arguing with some makes an was saying she wanted to leave but they wouldn't let her.So who was holding her at the motel against her will?
I don't recall her husband saying that. Do you have a link?

IIRC, the only thing LE discussed was HM's vehicle being found with her belongings inside and the keys on the ground. I think he did say that it was "suspicious." What struck me as odd is when he was asked if there was anything missing from the vehicle. He said "nothing" (to his knowledge). But then SM says her phone was missing. Hmm...

So CPD didn't really say anything in the video than what they initially reported (which is very little), probably because the investigation is ongoing. The argument was discussed in MSM but there was speculation as to whether the witness was credible. The info on the friend was new, but he must've checked out (not a POI) and I'm not sure how relevant it would've been anyway since he doesn't appear to be the last person to see her. I don't remember the gas station interview, but I'm pretty sure it was after they had ID'd her remains and named a POI. MSM could've gotten the details from family and the attendant may have felt more comfortable giving an interview with someone in custody. MOO

Curious why this new info is just now coming out. It seems the more facts put out to the public, the more people will hear about it and the more chances of someone seeing something or knowing something. With the way people talk, I am really astounded that no one has leaked who this friend is. I feel like the majority of the show put an emphasis on the drug use and her erratic behavior. Why wouldn't all this have been put out there? Maybe it could've sparked someone's memory, such as, being at the gas station at that time, being in Acworth. So much is missing to add up IMO.

The transcript isn't an exact match. But it's at the end of the 1st video. SM said, "we had one gentlemen tell us that he remembers seeing her out by the Jeep, arguing with a couple guys saying that she wanted to leave but they didn't want her to leave."

http://crimewatchdaily.com/2016/11/...rs-turns-up-dead-in-mysterious-circumstances/

Is on the crime watch links

IIRC, the only thing LE discussed was HM's vehicle being found with her belongings inside and the keys on the ground. I think he did say that it was "suspicious." What struck me as odd is when he was asked if there was anything missing from the vehicle. He said "nothing" (to his knowledge). But then SM says her phone was missing. Hmm...

So CPD didn't really say anything in the video than what they initially reported (which is very little), probably because the investigation is ongoing. The argument was discussed in MSM but there was speculation as to whether the witness was credible. The info on the friend was new, but he must've checked out (not a POI) and I'm not sure how relevant it would've been anyway since he doesn't appear to be the last person to see her. I don't remember the gas station interview, but I'm pretty sure it was after they had ID'd her remains and named a POI. MSM could've gotten the details from family and the attendant may have felt more comfortable giving an interview with someone in custody. MOO
The friend she was last with in Acworth could be extremely relevant for many reasons. He may have known her plans, where she was going, her current state of mind, who the girl she was seen with at POI home. He quite possibly knows a lot, however, I do understand some information should be kept from the public especially if it would hinder the investigation. IMO any sightings should've been made public in case it would've sparked someone's memory that they had seen her there. I can't help but wonder if searching the entire hotel and questioning the residents when the jeep was first found would've been beneficial, however, I don't think LE thought of her as a missing person. Wouldn't the keys on the ground be suspicious? While every missing person case has it's mysteries, this one seems to have a lot of information that has been kept secret by many.

IMO, after questioning the friend (and others), LE made some discoveries that could've negatively impacted the investigation or posed as red herrings. On the flip side, maybe they had all the evidence they needed early on. Just speculating. But what if the story of her arguing with the men were true and they had already ID'd them. Maybe they had an informant who had actually witnessed an OD'd or murder and knew she was deceased. I just have a gut feeling that she died the day she disappeared or shortly after and the POI is not the only one involved. I don't believe anything with this case is really as it "appears" to be, especially after watching the Crime Watch report.

The friend she was last with in Acworth could be extremely relevant for many reasons. He may have known her plans, where she was going, her current state of mind, who the girl she was seen with at POI home. He quite possibly knows a lot, however, I do understand some information should be kept from the public especially if it would hinder the investigation. IMO any sightings should've been made public in case it would've sparked someone's memory that they had seen her there. I can't help but wonder if searching the entire hotel and questioning the residents when the jeep was first found would've been beneficial, however, I don't think LE thought of her as a missing person. Wouldn't the keys on the ground be suspicious? While every missing person case has it's mysteries, this one seems to have a lot of information that has been kept secret by many.

IMO, after questioning the friend (and others), LE made some discoveries that could've negatively impacted the investigation or posed as red herrings. On the flip side, maybe they had all the evidence they needed early on. Just speculating. But what if the story of her arguing with the men were true and they had already ID'd them. Maybe they had an informant who had actually witnessed an OD'd or murder and knew she was deceased. I just have a gut feeling that she died the day she disappeared or shortly after and the POI is not the only one involved. I don't believe anything with this case is really as it "appears" to be, especially after watching the Crime Watch report.
I agree! I have thought from the beginning that a lot of things aren't as they appear to be. I just hope the truth comes out and justice is served!

I am trying to remember any similar cases of a woman going missing and later found deceased. I can't think of anyone in Georgia who's body was held by the GBI this long.
It seems like Heather should have been laid to rest by now. I know that they are waiting on "test" results to come in, but how does that affect releasing her to her loved ones?
Maybe it is normal and I just didn't realize it. Something just doesn't feel right about this to me.
What more can be gained from the body at this point?
Can anyone elaborate?

I am trying to remember any similar cases of a woman going missing and later found deceased. I can't think of anyone in Georgia who's body was held by the GBI this long.
It seems like Heather should have been laid to rest by now. I know that they are waiting on "test" results to come in, but how does that affect releasing her to her loved ones?
Maybe it is normal and I just didn't realize it. Something just doesn't feel right about this to me.
What more can be gained from the body at this point?
Can anyone elaborate?

I've seen it a few times when the death is suspicious or it's unclear how the person died. Rita Maze is one that comes to mind and we know her COD was gunshot wounds-- It has been over 2 months and the Maze family has not had a funeral. Their for the funeral is still open. Everyone seems to have jumped to the conclusion that means suicide but IMO they would not keep a body so long if they thought for sure it was suicide.

There are tests that take a long time--months-- to process. My only guess as to why they would keep the body is that if certain tests come back negative they will want to run more tests and so they don't want to release the body until they are positive about how she died. With Heather's case, a lot of people suspect COD to be drugs. What if they ran all the most common drug tests and everything has come back negative so far? They either have to go back to the drawing board on their theories or they have to run more tests for less common drugs.

(I don't know how any of it works. I'm just guessing. I'm frustrated for Heather's loved ones as well that there has not been a conclusion).

I've seen it a few times when the death is suspicious or it's unclear how the person died. Rita Maze is one that comes to mind and we know her COD was gunshot wounds-- It has been over 2 months and the Maze family has not had a funeral. Their for the funeral is still open. Everyone seems to have jumped to the conclusion that means suicide but IMO they would not keep a body so long if they thought for sure it was suicide.

There are tests that take a long time--months-- to process. My only guess as to why they would keep the body is that if certain tests come back negative they will want to run more tests and so they don't want to release the body until they are positive about how she died. With Heather's case, a lot of people suspect COD to be drugs. What if they ran all the most common drug tests and everything has come back negative so far? They either have to go back to the drawing board on their theories or they have to run more tests for less common drugs.

(I don't know how any of it works. I'm just guessing. I'm frustrated for Heather's loved ones as well that there has not been a conclusion).
Sad but imho I believe the wait is better than having to exhume Heather after she has been laid to rest.

I hope the family has answers soon.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Heather's funeral

The service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 10 at Parnick Jennings Funeral Home and Cremation Services.

http://patch.com/georgia/cartersvil...=email&utm_term=obituaries&utm_campaign=alert

Heather's obituary

She is survived by her husband, Stefan McDonald of Cartersville; her daughters, Olivia, Molly and Nova McDonald; her mother, Lisa Chatman (Frank) of Cartersville; her father, Tim Formby of Butler, Tennessee; along with one sister, Madison Chatman of Cartersville.

Preceding her in death are her maternal grandparents, Dianne and Leonard Bagley.

http://obittree.com/obituary/us/geo...-cremation-services/heather-mcdonald/2777700/

Heather's funeral

The service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 10 at Parnick Jennings Funeral Home and Cremation Services.

http://patch.com/georgia/cartersvil...=email&utm_term=obituaries&utm_campaign=alert

Heather's obituary

http://obittree.com/obituary/us/geo...-cremation-services/heather-mcdonald/2777700/

So sad. I hope we find out before then her COD and if there has been any progress on charging a POI/suspect. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think this was an accidental death. And even if it was accidental overdose, she didn't walk to where she was found. :moo:

Her poor babies :(

So sad. I hope we find out before then her COD and if there has been any progress on charging a POI/suspect. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think this was an accidental death. And even if it was accidental overdose, she didn't walk to where she was found. :moo:

Her poor babies :(
I agree.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member