GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this post! It is very true re: young people. If you look at the photos on Jennas page, with her friends, she looks just like your normal, average 20 something girl. The posts that remain are all happy, she has a lot of good friends and im sure she has shady ones too, doesnt everybody?
People need to realise that times have changed. I dont know what teenagers and young adults did 30 years ago but nowadays some do have 1 or 2 phones, shady friends and have dabbled in things they probably shouldnt have.
I cannot see any references to prostitution, or shady photos with unsavoury types.
As i have said in a previous post the prostitution rumour was false and i am.not buying it.
I know the whole idea of a secret double life is that it is secret but if anyone can look through Jennas fb page and give me one valid reason or something to believe that she gained money through some sort of illegal activity or is unhappy so just walked out then please do.

I am trying really hard to look at every angle but i cannot find anything whatsoever that could convince me she left voluntarily. I am not bothered how she got money, right now im more concerned about her safety and WHO got her out her parents house in whatever form.

All very strongly MOO

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

I'd be careful with the distinction between how young adults behave and how young adults with mild autism behave when it comes to breaking a long-held routine like staying in touch with parents. A change in behavior means a lot more, because routines are usually pretty set. A young woman on the spectrum wouldn't necessarily do the same things a young woman not on the spectrum would, friendships are more difficult to maintain among other things like being able to tell the true intentions of someone. A person not on the spectrum may be able to detect which friends are not the best of characters more easily. Thus they tend to get taken advantage of or scammed more, they believe that others are honest like they would be.

@subie: Much earlier you said Jenna's car was missing something on the front, a cross bar or something to that effect. is there any chance you could post either a more clear image of her car pointing to that or a picture of a similar car with an arrow at what is missing and where the dents were? it would help those of us browsing car ads on occasion cross-reference the car
or anyone else that is familiar with Mazdas, if you understand what is altered/missing from the front of the car?

We do have her statements, only thing that really stands out is a few paypal and western union transactions. Most appear to be small amounts under $15
My Mom did have access to see her accounts due to being a co signer on it I believe. Did not see any cash or check deposits for the past 2 months

Western union transactions set off major alarms for me. Yes I know it is also used legitimately, but WU is widely used among scammers and sometimes for sketchy transactions due to how hard they are to trace. Were her western union transactions incoming or outgoing?

I'd be careful with the distinction between how young adults behave and how young adults with mild autism behave when it comes to breaking a long-held routine like staying in touch with parents. A change in behavior means a lot more, because routines are usually pretty set. A young woman on the spectrum wouldn't necessarily do the same things a young woman not on the spectrum would, friendships are more difficult to maintain among other things like being able to tell the true intentions of someone. A person not on the spectrum may be able to detect which friends are not the best of characters more easily. Thus they tend to get taken advantage of or scammed more, they believe that others are honest like they would be.

That's not exactly what my point was. It is absolutely concerning to me that there has been no contact, no use of phone, debit card, etc. My point is that I was once a 20 something year old woman who spoke daily to my parents and would have said that we have a very positive relationship. That being said, there were many things about my personal life that they knew nothing about that were either specifically kept private, or simply just weren't shared.

My nephew is autistic and if there is one thing that is true among most on the autism spectrum is that they are not particularly great at lying. They may not always see a situation the same way we do, and therefore what they say is not true, but it is very difficult for those on the autism spectrum to KNOWINGLY lie. Refusing to tell someone something and lying about it are 2 very different things. Desiring independence and specifically refusing to answer questions about her life and friends, etc. is not shocking to me. What would be shocking to me are outright lies about things that she would know to not be true. Thus, I tend to believe what she told her brother/family about being framed for stealing at her job, and her insistence that she would not use drugs.

This is not to say that she has not been misled, or lied to and believed something that wasn't true (and then passed it off as truth), but I just made the point because it seems like people are going really far down this trail of her having this elaborate "double life" when a lot of the things that she omitted and refused to talk about are things that many young adults lie about to their families and parents.

Western union transactions set off major alarms for me. Yes I know it is also used legitimately, but WU is widely used among scammers and sometimes for sketchy transactions due to how hard they are to trace. Were her western union transactions incoming or outgoing?

Wouldn't this mean that she was in contact with someone from farther away? A place you just wouldn't normally drive off too? Since, they know the amounts of cash being handed over(her account activity) it is more likely she is the one sending. Can't someone go onto the Western Union site and try to see if they can get into her account. (By this I mean her family). They normally use your email address and a password. But, maybe be able to get around the password with security questions. There maybe a register of her activity of to and from.

Western Union is a red flag to me too. It's primarily used by people without a bank account that don't want a paper trail...or in underdeveloped countries. I believe that someone wants money from her or thinks she owes them...

Wouldn't this mean that she was in contact with someone from farther away? A place you just wouldn't normally drive off too? Since, they know the amounts of cash being handed over(her account activity) it is more likely she is the one sending. Can't someone go onto the Western Union site and try to see if they can get into her account. (By this I mean her family). They normally use your email address and a password. But, maybe be able to get around the password with security questions. There maybe a register of her activity of to and from.

Not necessarily at all. Google western unionn scams. In this day and age I really don't know who uses western union for legit reasons unless it's to send money to people overseas. Western union does not require a username and password as far as I know. For people who buy and sell things online, the words western union are major red flags. I would never buy or sell from anyone who insisted on western union. PayPal has also had its issues with scams.

Western Union is a red flag to me too. It's primarily used by people without a bank account that don't want a paper trail...or in underdeveloped countries. I believe that someone wants money from her or thinks she owes them...

Or she could have been used in check cashing scams. I worry that she was easily taken advantage of. And now hearing the words western union makes me really uncomfortable

Not necessarily at all. Google western unionn scams. In this day and age I really don't know who uses western union for legit reasons unless it's to send money to people overseas. Western union does not require a username and password as far as I know. For people who buy and sell things online, the words western union are major red flags. I would never buy or sell from anyone who insisted on western union. PayPal has also had its issues with scams.
I just sent a western union. You have to give your info to send money and show your id when you pay. Sure you can give a fake email and phone but the name and address cannot be. The person picking up the money must show an id as well. Just fyi...I do have a bank account, but I cannot transfer funds to my son from it as there is not a branch in his state. So this was easier.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

I just sent a western union. You have to give your info to send money and show your id when you pay. Sure you can give a fake email and phone but the name and address cannot be. The person picking up the money must show an id as well. Just fyi...I do have a bank account, but I cannot transfer funds to my son from it as there is not a branch in his state. So this was easier.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

I assume this was all in the US? Can you elaborate on how they are able to trace you, other than ID cards (which can be faked, I had two fake IDs in my younger years). How can they track where your western union transfers get sent? If you sent me a western union transfer to Nigeria, they likely won't care about what ID I have. Here are some common scams, listed right on the western union website
https://www.westernunion.com/us/en/fraudawareness/fraud-types.html

Western union just settled for almost $600 million dollars with victims of western union scams.

Sorry but IMO western union is sketchy and I would much rather pay the extra money to send a domensric wire transfer from my bank to a loved one or business partner before using Western union.

All that being said, maybe subie can elaborate on the western union transactions.

Can those small charges at multiple gas stations be western union charges???? A gas station by me has a western union sign in it.

Good point! The western union bit has me alarmed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As it does me. Thus, worth checking out if possible. Regardless, as to whether it turns out to be a scam or not. If it is they can cross that off their list and not look back and wish they did. If not, then they could possibly get new leads.

That's not exactly what my point was. It is absolutely concerning to me that there has been no contact, no use of phone, debit card, etc. My point is that I was once a 20 something year old woman who spoke daily to my parents and would have said that we have a very positive relationship. That being said, there were many things about my personal life that they knew nothing about that were either specifically kept private, or simply just weren't shared.

My nephew is autistic and if there is one thing that is true among most on the autism spectrum is that they are not particularly great at lying. They may not always see a situation the same way we do, and therefore what they say is not true, but it is very difficult for those on the autism spectrum to KNOWINGLY lie. Refusing to tell someone something and lying about it are 2 very different things. Desiring independence and specifically refusing to answer questions about her life and friends, etc. is not shocking to me. What would be shocking to me are outright lies about things that she would know to not be true. Thus, I tend to believe what she told her brother/family about being framed for stealing at her job, and her insistence that she would not use drugs.

This is not to say that she has not been misled, or lied to and believed something that wasn't true (and then passed it off as truth), but I just made the point because it seems like people are going really far down this trail of her having this elaborate "double life" when a lot of the things that she omitted and refused to talk about are things that many young adults lie about to their families and parents.

You make some really good points here! I'd agree that I've never known an autistic person that purposely lied- even about things most people lie about all the time to avoid hurt feelings (i.e; "does this dress make me look fat?")

Do you think with the stealing that someone could have told her to say she was framed?? I know she wouldn't make up the lie on her own but seems like someone could've coached her maybe? However, it might be that most people with autism would rather just plead the fifth as Jenna had done with plenty of other things. I'm just not sure if she could be easily coached into lying. Any thoughts on that, lilgup?

Hmmmm. Ignorance is bliss....

I'm going to be completely honest here - as I've mentioned before, and I could be wrong and out of line but I am 26 years old and have one phone. One. I don't know anyone my age who has 2 phones willingly (besides for super corporate or successful business men types who are older than me).

I have absolutely hid things from my parents over the years. But I'm sorry, this appears to be different. An upper middle class young woman doesn't just "vanish" from her parents wealthy home in druid hills suddenly. I'm not buying it.

It seems that Jenna's family wasn't super invasive (i.e. apparently not even knowing she had her own apartment until PI Told them address?????, letting her be independent, on her own, etc. .) so anything that could be handled on her one phone could be handled privately. It seems. My intuition strongly suggests this second phone is imperative to this case.

Western union, stealing money from job, roommate not letting parents in, cambelton road, English Ave, second phone, multiple gas stations, ??????? Something is up here. And in all honesty, it seems like no one is doing anything about it.

I'm going to be completely honest here - as I've mentioned before, and I could be wrong and out of line but I am 26 years old and have one phone. One. I don't know anyone my age who has 2 phones willingly (besides for super corporate or successful business men types who are older than me).

There are lots and lots of people with multiple phones. However, most of the people that I have encountered with these phones use them for purposes related to criminal activity. They call them "burner phones". But, these phones usually cannot be traced to an individual. IE... TracPhones, etc... They use the main phone for personal use. So, your concern is a very valid. The only thing making me wonder is why have a secondary phone that could be traced...eventually? IMO

Would anyone be so kind to update on anything else that was found? I was away for a couple days.

Sorry I don't mean to be annoying. Last I read was regarding the nightclub having an Egyptian rapper and that they were looking to investigate the townhouse that she may have been going to, and also that they've were able to get into her tMobile account/found that she was using the mother's car.

Thanks in advance and prayers to Jenna and her family that she is found safe!

Thank you for the info, you are right.
So, that would mean if she voluntarily walked out shes broken how many routines.... the cat, not talking to parents, friends, left belongings behind such as make up and toiletries which are every day things that being without could leave her feeling unsettled.

Would anyone be so kind to update on anything else that was found? I was away for a couple days.

Sorry I don't mean to be annoying. Last I read was regarding the nightclub having an Egyptian rapper and that they were looking to investigate the townhouse that she may have been going to, and also that they've were able to get into her tMobile account/found that she was using the mother's car.

Thanks in advance and prayers to Jenna and her family that she is found safe!
Hi, there is an updated timeline on post #1152 which will help :)

First time poster....
I'm both impressed and intrigued by the amount of time people have put into this thread. I have come to realize that there are people all over the world working on this case, and simple things such as "pocket dials" and using a GPS to get home are not common things to everyone (yes, I use Waze religiously to get home in time for the school bus in Atlanta traffic!). With that said, I feel that it is only fair to shed some light on a certain topic that is very rampant here in Atlanta, and although it has been touched upon in this thread, I want to make sure we are all in the same page, whether or not you feel it directly applies to this case: Human Trafficking. I'm not trying to make any suggestions, I just want to be clear about what I've learned from living in Atlanta.
I am an educator (experience with Autism) and mother, and have tried to gain as much information on human trafficking as possible. I have been to workshops and symposiums with the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Attorney General, along with former victims, safe house workers, psychologists, and family members. It is a horrific situation here and it is NOT limited to the inner city as people assume. First, "pimps" are not who you would expect them to be. They are not men with gold chains driving Cadillac Escalades with tinted windows. Furthermore, the "streets" are no longer shady places with dark alleys. Pimps are oftentimes suburban men and the "streets" are the internet, so this is a huge problem because there is not a lot of physical evidence of "solicitation while hanging out on the corners." We are not talking about women choosing prostitution, rather victims of human trafficking. With human trafficking, the VICTIMS are not personally getting paid by the clients (who are oftentimes white collar men - husbands, fathers, men traveling for business). The pimps deal with the money, and in turn, "take care" of the ladies, who are a "reusable resource" according to the GBI. Unlike drugs that that are gone once they are smoked, sniffed, or injected, these women can be used over and over again.
Pimps are CONSTANTLY combing through social media and physically watching for young women to "groom." The girls oftentimes have a vulnerability to them which is EXACTLY what the pimp desires. They pay attention to them, buy them nice things, and meet their needs (or so they think), and getting the victims closer and closer to them which means further away from their families I still well orchestrated. In turn, the women fall victim to the pimps and are soon being sold for sex. As much as they didn't set out to do it, many of them do not know how to leave, and many don't want to leave because they actually feel like the pimp cares for them and they don't want to let them down (this is why the pimps seek out the vulnerable ones). If the victims threaten to leave, the pimps always have the upper hand because they are their sole provider. The victims are not given the money for their services as in regular prostitution (or if they are, the pimp coordinates the transaction and knows exactly how much money to receive), they have no choice but to stay because if they leave, they will have NOTHING. Unfortunately, they feel loyal to their pimps because they are having emotional needs fulfilled (being wanted) by the pimp. It is a very scary symbiotic relationship where oftentimes they feel no way out, but become so brainwashed that many choose not to leave even when given the chance.
I pray this is NOT the case for Jenna, and I pray for her safety, wherever she may be. Hopefully this sheds some light as to whether or not you feel human trafficking is pertinent to this case.
Thanks for all you do and blessings to all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966