GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wvangelderen, if anyone in your family is a practicing lawyer, they should have LexisNexis for their bill collections. Have you looked up anyone in her life there? Might offer insight.

What?! This is crazy. What kind of roommate won't allow family in to search for info to help find someone missing? And why are the police not jumping on this? If what you suspect is accurate, Jenna is a victim. There's no blame or guilt for anyone else and they should be pursuing all avenues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obviously she/he has something to hide...partners in crime? A trafficker "helper", most of the time women....

Obviously she/he has something to hide...partners in crime? A trafficker "helper", most of the time women....

Brother said roommate is a male. I could totally see another young woman helping to persuade her into this, though.

How many who get caught up in something like this aren't allowed to contact family members? Or do they typically chose not to? It seems so long to go without any contact when she would have to know her family is worried sick.

I'm hoping they got the search warrant to her house today and LE are there getting some answers.

I am stupidly stuck on the cat as we wait for more information. If the cat needed medicine that both the vet tech and the brother had to come over to the house to help with - why was Jenna catsitting? Did she want to get away from her apt. for a while and this was the perfect timing? Then again, if she anted a break, would her folks have let her stay with them for a bit had they been in town?

Hate to put this into words but... what if the glass in the tapestry frame was broken in a struggle, and then the tapestry soiled by something like blood...

Still have so many questions and IMO interest seems to have waned since new revelations have surfaced, sadly. No matter what, Jenna needs to be found.

ETA: If the roommate denied my searching for my missing daughter in the shared apt., I'd risk whatever the charge might be to go in and try to find any information, especially since he told them to get a warrant. Time is of the essence.

Definitely looking at this now from a trafficking stand point

She had a job back in Feb at the pet store but we found out through a friend she had been fired for theft at the store. Which is really not like her.
We found out large sums of money had been taken in total from various times from her register. She was arrested, and through the court case, we were able to have the sentence reduced to a misdemeanor. She would not tell us where the money went and that she was "framed" by a manager.
I am starting to think that maybe she did do this and paid one of these guys with the money.

She had been seeing a career coach / counselor every week as well to help get her on track to finding a new job and working with her mental illness / minor autism to help with work skills

Time line wise.
We know she left a friends place at 11pm friday to go home according to him
At 2 am (saturday) she sent a text to a friend saying she was laying down

I called at around 9:30 am and showed up at the house approx 10:30 am with the lights and tv still on

So sorry for all the things you and your family have to go through...(so easy for outsiders like me to put thoughts and theories here, but I believe everybody wants to help and be there for you, and your family) It must be very hard to open up about this kind of information. Is it possible to tell about the thing she took from her employer...There is big difference between taking medicine/tranquilizers, money or a stapler, if you know what I mean. Maybe their could be a relation between that and Jenna missing, she could already be targeted. The second phone, the strange reaction of the roommate, the maybe connection with trafficking/clubs....makes me worrying more and more.... FWIW. Nothing concrete to help you, but if there is anything (within my reach) I will.

Brother said roommate is a male. I could totally see another young woman helping to persuade her into this, though.

How many who get caught up in something like this aren't allowed to contact family members? Or do they typically chose not to? It seems so long to go without any contact when she would have to know her family is worried sick.

There are a lot of story's about girls who wanted contact, were not allowed to have contact, tried to have contact but were under pressure to tell different things then what was actually going on...worst case scenario...

Well, stupid question but are you sure she ISNT in her apt?

I am curious and want to be sensitive... can someone opine... I can't imagine someone on the spectrum making a good trafficking/backpage victim. So I am back to thinking this is something else entirely.

I can't even imagine what her family is going through. May they have answers that bring some sort of comfort soon.

ETA: just saw the quote from her brother in the AJC link above that Jenna was prostituting herself... (absolutely zero judgment from me - better to be honest and get the facts out to help move forward), thus the reason for the extra phone perhaps... Could she have had "someone" over to her folks' house and things went bad from there?

It's been 12 days. Hoping Jenna is ok.

I am stupidly stuck on the cat as we wait for more information. If the cat needed medicine that both the vet tech and the brother had to come over to the house to help with - why was Jenna catsitting? Did she want to get away from her apt. for a while and this was the perfect timing? Then again, if she anted a break, would her folks have let her stay with them for a bit had they been in town?

Hate to put this into words but... what if the glass in the tapestry frame was broken in a struggle, and then the tapestry soiled by something like blood...

Still have so many questions and IMO interest seems to have waned since new revelations have surfaced, sadly. No matter what, Jenna needs to be found.

ETA: If the roommate denied my searching for my missing daughter in the shared apt., I'd risk whatever the charge might be to go in and try to find any information, especially since he told them to get a warrant. Time is of the essence.
Thats where im a bit confused too. The cat, it seems to have thrown me. Although it may have no resemblance to whats actually happened, i am trying to understand how 3 people would need to treat a cat? I have 4 cats but no experience whatsoever with having to administer anything more than flea and worm drops. Did anything specifically prompt you to visit the house that morning? I am trying to see if you had any concerns or niggling thoughts leading up to that morning.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Thats where im a bit confused too. The cat, it seems to have thrown me. Although it may have no resemblance to whats actually happened, i am trying to understand how 3 people would need to treat a cat? I have 4 cats but no experience whatsoever with having to administer anything more than flea and worm drops. Did anything specifically prompt you to visit the house that morning? I am trying to see if you had any concerns or niggling thoughts leading up to that morning.

Not going in super detail but the cat is 21, Jenna has a big emotional connection but she didn't want to give her the oral shots in the morning /afternoon but did want to spend the night there to keep her company and she often slept on my parents bed.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Sorry me again! Why would her suitcase be missing but no toiletries, make up or shoes? Surely, if she had gone down the trafficking/prostitution or whatever route thats the first stuff you would pack? I also think something entirely different has happened. I am trying to be sensitive especially with family present and lack of info but it all looks very staged to me.

All in opinion x

Not going in super detail but the cat is 21, Jenna has a big emotional connection but she didn't want to give her the oral shots in the morning /afternoon but did want to spend the night there to keep her company and she often slept on my parents bed.

Thank you. That makes sense. Poor kitty is probably missing Jenna too.

I just still can't understand how no one has been in her apartment yet. Isn't that the first place the police would check? Why did they not even do a wellness check on her after she was reported missing. It doesn't make sense. Ajc article says family didn't know where she lived...maybe that's the issue?

From above links, I'm posting the new/refined details which may be new to us here in the articles to reference/discuss. I'm reprinting here, as many folks on tapatalk and certain phones have to click to view new stuff, or cannot view the articles at all, or easily (AJC and WSB cannot be viewed on my cell phone for instance, only computer)

wvangelderan, often times the media does quotes wrong. Please let us know if anything I've pasted from the article was not given to media, or taken out of context. Thanks!

http://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/family-fears-missing-year-old-woman-was-taken-against-her-will/AXRjSl9DqEHLqhOq2lkMNN/ AJC (Atlanta newspaper) Family fears missing 25-year-old woman was taken against her will Alexis Stevens 4:51 p.m Monday, Aug. 28, 2017

The door was locked and Jenna Van Gelderen’s suitcase was gone, the family told police.

Though she wanted to be an independent adult, Jenna Van Gelderen had developmental disabilities as a child that affected her social interactions as an adult, her father said.

“Because she’s very impressionable, she has been taken advantage of by a lot of people,” Van Gelderen said.

"William Van Gelderen told police his sister had been prostituting, but was taking career counseling classes. The family didn’t know Jenna’s friends, and she had declined to tell them where she was living, according to the police report. The family has hired a private investigator to help find Jenna, who they fear was taken against her will. "

A prayer vigil is planned for 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at Shearith Israel synogogue in Atlanta.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/dekalb-county/missing-dekalb-county-woman-disappeared-while-housesitting/599493475 Missing DeKalb County woman disappeared while house sitting by: Craig Lucie Updated: Aug 28, 2017 - 4:51 PM

"The 25-year-old Gwinnett Tech graduate has a form of high-functioning Autism and likes her routines, her parents said."

I just still can't understand how no one has been in her apartment yet. Isn't that the first place the police would check? Why did they not even do a wellness check on her after she was reported missing. It doesn't make sense. Ajc article says family didn't know where she lived...maybe that's the issue?
I don't understand why LE are not concerned. Also, wouldn't her driving licence have her address plus her credit cards and bank accounts. The career counsellor, court and LE would have her address surely. What's the point of a vigil if her room in her apartment still hasn't been checked?

We aren't sure but we have no way of knowing, police are working on sending someone over

I honestly don't understand all these delays. She has been reported missing, why aren't these things being attended to asap? What reason can they possibly give you about "getting around" to checking things out ?

I feel like I'm missing a huge chunk of information and I can't connect any dots and can't comprehend no media pick up, the lackadaisical attitude the police are presenting and the disparity of the original information of the family stating the police found her and then saying they didn't vs the police stating they never said they found her.

Something just isn't adding up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member