GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The info is now also posted on the Help Find Jenna page.
How are they certain the person went back to parents' house?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The info is now also posted on the Help Find Jenna page.
How are they certain the person went back to parents' house?

Was it surveillance from the gas stations - they saw her leave from the last points with the person and they saw her at the last known time in her car also with a 2nd person? Still would be good to know timing. If they saw another person, knowing if they were male or female and if Jenna was driving would also help

Also the Egyptian DJ I mentioned would have been on the stage at Opera at about 11pm to 12am based on the line up, he went second in a show from 10pm to 3am with 5 artist pairs. Coincidental, likely, but worth the mention. Looking at previous shows he seems to put up a huge decal of the Egyptian god Ra in the background when he plays, so someone might have thought a quilt with anubis was "cool" to bring to that. Especially since the eclipse was coming soon and Ra is the sun, anubis is the darkness/death/etc.

Any photos of opera night club that night, people at the show? Anyone can ask him if someone approached him with such a quilt or held it up in the crowd? Maybe Opera or surrounding clubs has surveillance to check for the car or Jenna going around there?

This is a copy from the administrator at the Official Help Find Jenna Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindJennaVG/

Help Find Jenna Van Gelderen 2 hrs ·

Update 9/4: Jenna Still missing. Jenna was driving her mother's red Mazda 3 (2010) the night before she disappeared. Someone was in that car with her and came back to her parents home. Please call Dekalb Police or Leon Van Gelderen at 404.966.8565 if you saw Jenna in that car.

For folks like me that don't know what a red 2010 Mazda 3 looks like, I'm posting this here as the visual doesn't appear with the above post on FB. The post doesn't say hatchback, and what package, so this is just a representation I found of the non-hatchback model.

2.jpg
http://paultan.org/media2.paultan.org/mazda3/2.jpg

<Edit:snipped>

Definitely looking at this now from a trafficking stand point
<respectfully snipped>

Time line wise.
We know she left a friends place at 11pm friday to go home according to him
At 2 am (saturday) she sent a text to a friend saying she was laying down

I called at around 9:30 am and showed up at the house approx 10:30 am with the lights and tv still on

She would never tell us. All we really know is that she had a friend that she saw last Friday the one she left at 11pm to go home . He claims she wanted a relationship but he did not knowing the theft issue.

A friend was able to confirm that she back in Feb was on and off with another guy who was violent , but again she would not tell us who and that it was done and never happening again .
<Edit:snipped>

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

So, now it looks like the information that she was at a friends house is incorrect information.

BBM/UBM

ETA: Did some snipping of original quotes.

Hey all, sorry been out camping in N Georgia. Just got back, have seen requests about a Timeline, let me see if ok to post first
Do you have details of these gas station stops, times, cctv, amounts spent etc and whether FBI are following these leads up?

G-d of the frightened,
G-d of the missing and the lost,
Return Jenna Van Gelderen
To the cradle of her family’s arms
And the refuge of their home
Speedily, in life and in health.
Watch over her. Protect her.
Shelter her from harm.
Deliver her from evil acts and evil intent.
Bless the professionals and volunteers dedicated to her return.
Grant them skill, insight, fortitude and luck.

G-d of Old,
These weeks
Of dismay and dread are almost too much to bear.
Grant her family endurance, hope and faith
That they will soon be reunited with Jenna
In the fullness of joy.

Holy One,
Protector and Redeemer,
Hear this my prayer.

http://tobendlight.com/2013/10/for-the-missing-specific-person-non-relative/

:bump:

Timeline Jenna van Gelderen missing
Jenna, 25 years old, 4”11’, 140 lbs, long dark hair, pierced ears. Adress….
Parents left for Canada on? Jenna agreed on house sitting and watch over the old dear cat. She arrived at the house on? With her car? Did she meet her parents before they left? Key to the house turned over/she had her own set? Did they met, what was her state of mind? Parents were planning to stay in Canada until August 26 (post 34, by brother)

Missing from Parents house; address; From media….Near Emory University, posted by her parents on Facebook page. 1289,Oakdale road, Atlanta. August, 26 Updates flyer address parents…Druid Hillshome, GA. DeKalb county, GA

Jenna told vet and brother she would be there all weekend. Post number 34 by brother. Because she didn’t dare to give the medicine to the cat she was very attached to, so vet could help her giving the medicine ( post by brother 34) Why did brother come over? “We know she would have worked with me and the vet assistant (who didn't have a key to the house) if she had planned to leave” post 34 by brother….did she planned to leave….I’m not getting this…..

Facebooksite Jenna, last post August 16, 2016, post looking for a job

August 14, 2017 Member of Atlanta Housing group August 14, 2017, Jenna reacted on post of somebody asking for a roommate, planning to move in September 2017. Send me amessage <name> ASAP

August 15,16, 17 no known activity

August 18,Friday

• Friend talked to her briefly before she left (to where?) By media ….he told the police. Face to face, by phone. What time? Friday night she had left a friends place to come home around 11 pm, in mother's car. Why in mother’s car? (post 34 by brother)
  • Anotherfriend said she had a conversation with Van Gelderen By media (face to face, on the phone?)on Saturday and later received a text saying she was lying down.
  • Jenna talked to her mother twice a day….that day? Or were parents traveling on that day?
  • 2 am had sent a text to a friend that she was going to bed. (post 34 by brother)

August 19, Saturdaybrother goes to parents house, arrives there at 10 am, to give the cat meds. .(fromflyer and posts brother 34) Was there a problem with the vet, why was the vet not coming as scheduled, instead brother came?

• Jenna not at the house
  • Door locked
  • No sign of forced entry
  • TV-on
  • Lights on
  • Charger at the house
  • Jenna’s car gone (2010, Blue Mazda 6 sedan, licenseplate PWH502 )
  • Jenna’sphone and purse not at the house
  • Mothers car at home (……)
  • House in some disarray (what kind?)
  • No evidence of struggle
  • Tapestry(some kind of Egyptian …. from grandfather, WO II.) Taken from frame, picture available is a same kind of cloth but not the item itself
  • What about the missing suitcase?
  • No activity on social media accounts, bank accounts, phone….. (since the day she disappeared)……after ? could family, LE establish a time?
  • Passport in locker

August 20, Sunday2017. Reported missing by brother

August 26, Saturday. Family gets news that she is found that night, but it turned up to be not correct. Post number 34, by brother of Jenna. Parents planned to come home ‘this Saturday” but returned earlier.

Ok....I'm on page 4 now....
We have the debit card gas station transactions on the 18th although I have seen no details as yet. We also have the Ra concert possibility at Opera as well as the map of the route posted earlier. Perhaps put Opera on the map if it is not there already.

Well done for this and TY Hope. It's good to have something like this.

Does family know if any clothes have been packed and taken? Was the suitcase a large one and has anyone checked the Atlanta Housing group she enquired about?

There are certainly some good leads here that the FBI/LE should be onto. If they are not following them up, then why not?

This post falls at random (not telling anyone how to post)

I don't have handy the direct contact number in the flyers, but any information as to the case please contact NON-EMERGENCY - (678) 406-7929. (To file non-emergency Police reports) https://www.dekalbcountyga.gov/police-services/contact-us

I shared a SS of the post (oddly enough, the friend asks anyone with info to contact HER or Dekalb County PD--NO mention of the family).
Along with the SS of the post, I included my hypothetical/opinion/brainstorming as I posted above.
We never know, this may end up being helpful in some way. I did read this post right around the time it was originally posted (a week or more ago, I believe) & didn't think much of it. But with the new 'developments' it stands out much more to now.

Fingers crossed for GOOD news very soon! Hope Jenna is safe wherever she may be!

https://www.facebook.com/MissingPiecesNetwork/posts/1718425521796952
a2e7b6c2667eaa1a5991cddcce513a8b.jpg

Just bumping the missing poster.

Question... Are we sure that someone actually locked the front door to Jenna's parents' house? I know it's a small detail but it's also important.

I just ask because my front door has 2 locks: one deadbolt that you physically have to lock with a key from the outside, and one lock on the handle. The lock on the handle, if no one has unlocked it with a key from the outside, I could open and close the door all day from the inside but it will remain locked on the outside. So theoretically Jenna/someone else might not have purposely locked the door if her parents lock is the same as mine. It could have just been locked from earlier in the day and the door pulled closed. Just wanted to bring up the possibility.

Question... Are we sure that someone actually locked the front door to Jenna's parents' house? I know it's a small detail but it's also important.

I just ask because my front door has 2 locks: one deadbolt that you physically have to lock with a key from the outside, and one lock on the handle. The lock on the handle, if no one has unlocked it with a key from the outside, I could open and close the door all day from the inside but it will remain locked on the outside. So theoretically Jenna/someone else might not have purposely locked the door if her parents lock is the same as mine. It could have just been locked from earlier in the day and the door pulled closed. Just wanted to bring up the possibility.

Good point for differentiation of which lock was locked.

Knowing that the car and she left, I would assume that they would have the keys to lock it if they had wanted to.

We are now hearing about two cars. I wonder if the "original files" through those organizations (e.g. missing pieces :grouphug:) could be updated in some way with such with photos of cars (if they deem productive to do so)

I'm disappointed the car has not been located, as that is #1 key (my, my my, Joe Kenda) for locating a person

ETA: Just reminded me, the timeline above has the wrong plate number which was put out for 2-3 days before correction here. Assume LE has correct number from the outset to now, and they were never misled.

Ra concert is very interesting but purely speculation...

The wsbtv link in the missing pieces article I just bumped states the house was locked.

Ra concert is very interesting but purely speculation...
I just suggested put Opera on the map (or in the timeline) as I thought that was reportedly the area she went out to that night to eat. Agree the concert is just spec.

Bit of Hope, :tyou:

We want it! Just waiting in An-ti-ci-paaaaaaaaaashun (*said in my best Rocky Horror movie voice by Tim Curry*)

Did you finish, or want someone to complete? I wasn't sure if you have gone to the end to complete it all? Lemme know where you left off, and I'll continue.

Only one correction that I see, and it's the license plate number. It was wrong posted as different in a media piece for a few days before it was corrected here, and on Missing Pieces Flyer - I don't think the origination piece has been corrected to this day either.

Anyway.... (Not Missing Pieces fault, they were working from media link that I sent them :blush: so perhaps on me for the error, and I will always carry that burden, I notified our Missing Pieces person here as soon as I found it was a misprint by media, and not an update from family) I would assume that LE always had the correct on of -PWH5902.

The wsbtv link in the missing pieces article I just bumped states the house was locked.

I think what the OP was asking/stating was that many doors have two different locks. One is on the handle, which auto is locked from outside and requires a key, but can be opened on the inside without a key on the same handle...vs. a deadbolt lock which must have a key for both sides :moo: Many front/back doors have both. We don't know the locking on their front door... many new home only have deadbolts and not a secondary. The parent home is the age... :dunno: without going to the home and looking as cannot see from google street maps

Yes, I understand the house was locked. Locked with intention or locked "accidentally" just because that's how the door is, is what I was trying to figure out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maym