GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
TY hope. Yeah we do want to know . This info can be built upon now as (if?) we find out more/get confirmation on stuff.

Yes, I understand the house was locked. Locked with intention or locked "accidentally" just because that's how the door is, is what I was trying to figure out.
Subie said it was locked. He should know whether he had to use a key to get in. If he didn't need a key to get in then it would be unlocked. So you mean double locked ? Subie will have too clarify - I was just quoting the link.

Subie said it was locked. He should know whether he had to use a key to get in. If he didn't need a key to get in then it would be unlocked. So you mean double locked ? Subie will have too clarify - I was just quoting the link.

I understand that the door was locked. Not disputing this at all. But for example with my own home's door (I also live in an older house in Atlanta of a similar age to the Van Gelderen family's home), I have 2 locks on my door: one deadbolt, and one lock on the door handle. The is door handle lock is one of those that doesn't unlock itself every time you open the door from the inside. So theoretically, if someone left through the front door and just pulled the door closed behind them, it would be locked. I am simply bringing this up as a possibility that someone (Jenna? someone else?) may not have intentionally locked the front door upon exiting the house.

Yes, I understand the house was locked. Locked with intention or locked "accidentally" just because that's how the door is, is what I was trying to figure out.

Exactly!

ETA: I see others are chiming in.

What we don't know is the locking on the door of that house. Whether is has deadbolt that was locked, or the lock that was on another handle.

My leaning, is that most updated homes have only deadbolt for locking at the front door, especially in that area of town. They no longer have two.

ERGO - The person that locked the door had a key. :moo: :cow:

It's not a reach, as we have learned that the keys to the car are missing with the car, and would assume that the key to the house to lock a deadbolt is with it.

Exactly!

ETA: I see others are chiming in.

What we don't know is the locking on the door of that house. Whether is has deadbolt that was locked, or the lock that was on another handle.

My leaning, is that most updated homes have only deadbolt for locking at the front door, especially in that area of town. They no longer have two.

ERGO - The person that locked the door had a key. :moo: :cow:

It's not a reach, as we have learned that the keys to the car are missing with the car, and would assume that the key to the house to lock a deadbolt is with it.
"and would assume that the key to the house to lock a deadbolt is with it"

I always keep my keys separate. In fact, my house keys are in a "safe place" and never come with me.

I cannot get over the fact i might lose my car keys and house keys in one go. Or should they fall in the wrong hands, whomever would have access to both my car and house.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

"and would assume that the key to the house to lock a deadbolt is with it"

I always keep my keys separate. In fact, my house keys are in a "safe place" and never come with me.

I cannot get over the fact i might lose my car keys and house keys in one go. Or should they fall in the wrong hands, whomever would have access to both my car and house.

Good point Stanly. I tried to do an ETA on my above post recognizing your comment, but we can only edit for 60 minutes.

That said....

I never have my front door key either with me on my key ring for the car. I don't need it. And if she or ??? was indeed driving her mothers car, I would assume the garage door opener was in the car... isn't it almost ALWAYS?

Many folks don't even go through their front door if they have a garage opener, nor keep the key.

That leads one to think now (based on your feedback :tyou:) is that this house is like many in the Atlanta metro area. Folks that live there do NOT go through their front door if the live there, and are driving to/fro every time they enter.

They drive into their garage to get into the house with a garage door opener, and leave the same way, and NEVER have a key to their front door when they are driving.

I myself do not also, and never thought of this angle!

:doh:

:tyou: as you are exactly right. The person who left perhaps had a garage door opener in her mothers car (assumption) to enter the house when driving mom's car.... with an opener and not a key, and the front door being locked is misleading to us? :dunno:

ETA: So if the mother's car was taken, her car was either in the driveway, in the garage (doubtful) or was gone also at the time?

More and more I'm inclined from what I follow on WS to pay $300 for a camera ..

I do hope that no one touched the car, and we aren't looking at another Heather Elvis case where the family moved the seat and touched the car

There is a $10,000 reward for info leading to her return per Help Find Jenna FB site. The page admin needs to make a separate post in bold to call this out and also needs to get to media. MOO but Facebook is not enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a $10,000 reward for info leading to her return per Help Find Jenna FB site. The page admin needs to make a separate post in bold to call this out and also needs to get to media. MOO but Facebook is not enough.

100% agree with you! FB alone is NOT enough. Especially when considering the info posted there is scarce & no participation or welcoming of possible scenarios, no questions being asked-or answered, etc.

100% agree with you! FB alone is NOT enough. Especially when considering the info posted there is scarce & no participation or welcoming of possible scenarios, no questions being asked-or answered, etc.
So many unanswered questions :(

I looked, and do not see such?

ETA: I'm seeing a note in a facebook to send info to a gmail account if info for $10,000,( vs. sending information to law enforcement? ) :confused:

Really, that is all that it says... send info to a gmail for $10,000?????

This is something I have never seen before in any case I have followed.

:confused:

I looked, and do not see such?

IMHO, we are allowed to link admin of accepted groups, please do as I cannot see.

Thanks

ETA: I'm seeing a note to send info to a gmail account if info, vs. sending information to law enforcement? :confused:

I see the $10,000 reward post as of 2 min ago.

Re: lock v unlock: If we knew timeframe it would help to know intent.

I'm not clear whether she ended the night at her parents' house or if she made other verifiable stops after she left their home (club, gas station at 11 p.m., etc.) The family knows this as they must have video of her near their home with the passenger and therefore they likely have a timeframe in mind, at least until a certain point when things stopped being used (phone/bank card).

If she was out and about freely after leaving their home and just never made it back, intentional locking might make sense.

Just my two cents, moo.

Hey everyone sorry for the lack of updates today. Per request from detectives, I need to be more sensitive to posts on here as it is public and still an ongoing investigation. I reading up on the posts from the past few days

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

We are still trying to piece together why Jenna was driving my mom's car Friday , like if she loaned hers to a friend etc. We still do not know, however police never finger printed it

We are still trying to piece together why Jenna was driving my mom's car Friday , like if she loaned hers to a friend etc. We still do not know, however police never finger printed it

Subie:

Can you please post the FBI contact name / number for this case. Thanks.

:heartbeat:

Are you able to tell the public the last place she was seen? Did she disappear from parents' as initially thought or somewhere else?

Are you able to tell the public the last place she was seen? Did she disappear from parents' as initially thought or somewhere else?
We know she had to have brought my mom's car back to the house to switch to her car. We know she talked to a friend at around 130 to 2 am saying laying down. Which we assumed was at my parents place
I'm putting together a time line depending on what I can post now

One hour later, a post by the admin on the verified/approved link for Find Jenna

View attachment 122691

Sudie, again, can you please share the contact name for FBI person and phone contact for them here. TIA
Use the contact on that image. Any info can be given to that number. Extension 4 is the missing persons department. Investigator Winston is the one on the Case

We know she had to have brought my mom's car back to the house to switch to her car. We know she talked to a friend at around 130 to 2 am saying laying down. Which we assumed was at my parents place
I'm putting together a time line depending on what I can post now

Just a thought from all the cases I have followed. Are you ASSUMING she was driving and brought the car back, or do you have verifiable/in court prosecution type stuff that she drove home? Big difference in the two at this time as I perceive it.

You may not want to share, just asking if you have irrefutable that she indeed did come back home vs. assumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member