GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really feel for this family. I can tell the parents are broken hearted and just simple, no frills , down to earth people. I am sure they never thought they would have to deal with this.
Navigating these clues are hard for us; I can only imagine the pain for parents/brother.
Anyway, I was wondering if maybe she was possibly having an anxious moment with money (just hear me out) when it comes to the tapestry. In her mind she was looking around the house thinking "What is worth something? What can I sell?" Then later say the house was robbed?" But then things went all wrong? She owed someone money? She needed money and asked the wrong person? I don't know. My whole 23 year career has been working with children and adults on the spectrum. She could very easily be one of my students. It is keeping me up to find her.

Do we think maybe she had been living in her car and just didn't want to tell anyone?
I haven't caught all the way up so I apologize if this were addressed earlier. I tried, but I may have skipped some.

Also, are we no longer hearing from Subie? [emoji848]

His last post was yesterday, 9/22. #541
I've noticed he posts a little less frequently during weekend days (Friday/Saturday).

Hopefully he's still with us!!

Ok- I hate to mention it- but how high is that case? Would jenna's head touch it or be within the glass- standing up? Also, that is a typical break from a drop- just like the above poster's phone.

If someone was shoved up against it, it could have fallen. Either way, I have a feeling the tapestry was stained or contaminated with DNA - imo

This is my theory as well. I think someone's head or hand broke the glass in a struggle. Maybe only a few drops of blood got on the cloth but it was enough that the perp had to remove the tapestry to clean up. They cleaned the frame and probably hoped the missing tapestry would not be noticed right away if they left the frame on the wall. JMO.

Also, are we no longer hearing from Subie? [emoji848]
I'm still here, between Rosh Hashanah and a Wedding this weekend haven't had much time. I'm waiting more at this point to see what the police can say as Im out of theories at this point :/

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

This is my theory as well. I think someone's head or hand broke the glass in a struggle. Maybe only a few drops of blood got on the cloth but it was enough that the perp had to remove the tapestry to clean up. They cleaned the frame and probably hoped the missing tapestry would not be noticed right away if they left the frame on the wall. JMO.

Was the tapestery mounted on something under the glass?
Apologies if this has been explained. Really do hate to ask a question but I may have missed the answer :/

Bears, is a glass cutter the only way they could break the glass? Agreed that it's doubtful this person had this tool handy. Couldn't they just tap the corner with something, maybe even that menorah from the shelf, and pull it out? While pulling it out, they could create the larger crack that didn't fall out until LE moved it. Or no?

Also wondering where the small corner shard (unless that piece was totally shattered, too) is and if that might have a print or something. They would've had to pull it out from behind the frame, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No the glass could be broken other ways for sure. I was just replying to the comment the dad made about it seeming intentionally broken/cut like that to pull the tapestry out. Why wouldn't someone just take the back off the frame and take the tapestry that way? It makes no sense to me to just break a little piece of glass to pull it out. JMO. I have doubts that the tapestry has anything to do with Jenna's disappearance.

No the glass could be broken other ways for sure. I was just replying to the comment the dad made about it seeming intentionally broken/cut like that to pull the tapestry out. Why wouldn't someone just take the back off the frame and take the tapestry that way? It makes no sense to me to just break a little piece of glass to pull it out. JMO. I have doubts that the tapestry has anything to do with Jenna's disappearance.

Which brought me to my question. Was the tapestry hanging without being attached to anything in the frame? How does one pull a tapestry out of a frame? It needs to be connected to something inside the frame to hold it up does it not?

Which brought me to my question. Was the tapestry hanging without being attached to anything in the frame? How does one pull a tapestry out of a frame? It needs to be connected to something inside the frame to hold it up does it not?
Good point!

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

The backing on the frame is wood as well, it would be pretty tough to break that as well. I don't recall how it was hung inside as well

The backing on the frame is wood as well, it would be pretty tough to break that as well. I don't recall how it was hung inside as well

Thank you subie I appreciate you taking the time to answer.

I know many feel the tapestry has no merit but there is something peculiar about it being missing.
One does not magically whip a tapestry out of its setting like the pulling a tablecloth from under dishes magic trick.

My guess is the frame would need to be taken down. Possibly the glass broke when the frame was lifted (or dropped).

I do not see someone going to the trouble of removing the tapestry for wrapping something as has been suggested. Unless there is some type of spiritual twist to this.

Going to share my theory that Jenna MAY have left of her own will. I don't know if I believe this theory myself (I know we are all confused, and all want answers). But this is just how certain details are stacking up to me at this moment in time.

What I found surprising from the whole situation with the roommate was that apparently Jenna was on the lease, though he implied she only slept on the couch there sometimes. So where did she stay the rest of the time? Also when her family got her things back from that apartment, it wasn't a lot of stuff, mostly some clothes. Did Jenna share this apartment purely just to have an address? A place to have bills sent? I know there are a lot of things you can't do without at least having a lease in your name or utilities. Perhaps she lived more permanently somewhere else but just had the apartment for a cover.

Then we have the recovery of Jenna's car. A suitcase was in it, and brother said that she often kept her trunk full of personal belongings. When her car was recovered, there was a phone charger in it that didn't belong to a phone of Jenna's (at least not that the family knew she had). But Jenna already had 1 phone that the family didn't know about. Is it possible she had 2 "secret" phones? Jenna didn't stay with the parents a lot anymore, yet she left information out in the open at their house about her "secret" phone. Did she leave this info out on purpose? Perhaps to send a message "I have a secret phone you don't know about". So then when both of those phones went dark, Jenna could go off-grid with her 3rd phone? Perhaps she figured the family would eventually find out about her "secret" phone since it was in her name (though not her legal name - it was under the name Ruth Jenna). But still, perhaps she thought they'd still find out about it. So she left the paperwork out in the open.

We know Jenna at least drove around in her own car and her mother's, and that it was strategic (she was at least once told not to drive her mother's car, but drive her own instead to a certain area).

Is it possible Jenna was told to go into hiding? Perhaps by the person she stayed with most of the time (since she wasn't staying at her apartment regularly, nor her parents' house)? Was told to go off the grid? Was she given a new phone (untraceable to her completely) and told to dump her car somewhere away from her house, where no one would suspect, so they had a little time to get away and hide her further? Perhaps they took the tapestry with the intention to take something blatant to purposely leave a red herring and cause confusion and make it seem like a robbery. But something that could be folded small and walked out of the house, not like someone carrying a huge TV out the door and causing neighbors to take notice. Maybe Jenna was told to leave on the lights and TV to make it seem like Jenna may have left against her will. But then Jenna instinctually locked the deadbolt behind her, not thinking. Maybe the small purchases at the gas station were things like cleaning products to clean away fingerprints from the tapestry frame, around the house, cars, etc. But maybe she went to multiple gas stations so as not to cause suspicion. If she just bought paper towels at one place, cleaning spray at once place, rubber gloves at one place, etc that would be a whole lot less memorable for a store clerk who would potentially hear about her disappearance in the news than a store clerk seeing a girl purchase a bunch of cleaning supplies one night. I know if I wanted to buy something in secret I'd go to sketchy gas stations over a place like Walmart or Target because likely their inventory process/computer system isn't as sophisticated and maybe records of what exactly Jenna purchased there couldn't be deciphered.

This case is weighing so heavy on me. I'm an Atlanta local. I have a friend that lives about 6 houses down from her parents. I actually believe I've met Jenna once when she worked at the pet store. I remember a short girl with dark hair helping me there at that pet store months back. I want Jenna to be ok. So I'm trying to theorize ways in which she is out there, alive and ok... Prayers for Jenna's safe return.

so again are there search groups out looking for her.?
if not........why?
imo she is out there ...

Something I would want to do - I know the neighbors cameras have been checked, but why not ask people all the way to N Decatur? Or even those living in N Decatur? Then I would get a group on friends to watch them starting at 11pm until she got home or into 1:30am. If they don't see her car ask independent businesses around that Wendy's. And around the townhomes.

I'm beginning to doubt she came home.
If she came home, why didn't she charge her phone? Your phone is your lifeline.

If her mom's seat was in the furthest position back, maybe someone else switched the cars to make it look like she left on her own. And that could have happened anywhere from 11:30pm-9:30am the next day.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

if not........why?
imo she is out there ...

Because we have no idea where she is. The info is inconsistent. It's not like her car was abandoned in a forest somewhere and search parties could look in the woods near her car. I think us Atlantans ARE looking for Jenna, everywhere we go, every day. But as for sending search parties? Jenna went missing from a dense, sprawling city and she could be anywhere.

if not........why?
imo she is out there ...

As far as I can tell, there is no clear last known location.

Where would they search?

I have a Victorian child's embroidered sampler in a frame (somewhere) and that is just held in place by the glass itself so it may have been like that.

I have a Victorian child's embroidered sampler in a frame (somewhere) and that is just held in place by the glass itself so it may have been like that.

That's what I'm thinking. Since it wasn't overly large/heavy, the glass in the frame would have likely held it in place. If it was a HUGE, heavy tapestry, it might have needed to be mounted in the frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010