GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, I’ve come to the conclusion that Jenna is gone and the police are building a case. The lack of coverage, family’s refusal of public search help, etc. I hope I’m wrong! Praying for Jenna and her family .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a revised version, alteration of and addition of more text.
Is there a media thread or anything to pin this too?

Taken from the official FB page

https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindJennaVG/
830f843f7a72308292628ee6844711bb.jpg

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

I agree on this 100%. If they really didn’t have a suspicion of what happened, I believe they would at least do volunteer searches and inform everyone to get the word out. It seems almost like they have the answer, and are working on building a case for it.

I agree with the last few posts - they know who is responsible and just need to build a strong case. I wish them the best of luck as Jenna deserves justice.

Sadly, I’ve come to the conclusion that Jenna is gone and the police are building a case. The lack of coverage, family’s refusal of public search help, etc. I hope I’m wrong! Praying for Jenna and her family .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is really sad to think that, I guess I would be one who always thinks there's a good possibility of a positive outcome, but I understand what you are saying, it has been a long period since she has been seen and the (apparent) lack of LE action seems to point to that obvious conclusion. I hope that she is still alive, not just for the family, but her as well, but if she is somewhere bad and suffering, then perhaps it would be best for her to no longer be on the earth, and I hate saying that because it can seem so harsh, and I mean no disrespect to her and the family by my statement.

I hate that I have to agree...
It's over as far as we can sleuth to help.
There are so many things that aren't known to us here. Hoping that LE is the entity that knows, and Jenna will have her truth come out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In one of the video's they show a house (I'm not certain that this is indeed the parents house, but I guess it is, why show a non related house) I noticed that the have a very nice garden, with lots of grass.....who does the garden(s)? Sounds stupid maybe, but could a gardener be involved.
A good point but I don't suppose we will get an answer. Like the vet tech and the WU person plus the person who got J to steal, we know nothing about these people or whether LE have even spoken to them.

Since the family obviously thinks the tapestry is important....

The images on the tapestry are similar to those of Nubian, Ifa, Yoruba and Orisha people/religions/beliefs. There are meetup groups, temples, etc. in Atlanta for people who practice these beliefs. A Google search shows that Yoruba rap music is increasingly popular, as well. There are tons of recent references to this style of music. I don't want to go down a rabbit hole too far, but I've been mulling this over for a couple of weeks. Thoughts, anyone?

The images on the tapestry are similar to those of Nubian, Ifa, Yoruba and Orisha people/religions/beliefs. There are meetup groups, temples, etc. in Atlanta for people who practice these beliefs. A Google search shows that Yoruba rap music is increasingly popular, as well. There are tons of recent references to this style of music. I don't want to go down a rabbit hole too far, but I've been mulling this over for a couple of weeks. Thoughts, anyone?

That idea was discussed, and I believe dismissed, way back. The thread search function isn't working for me right now or I'd reference some posts.

That idea was discussed, and I believe dismissed, way back. The thread search function isn't working for me right now or I'd reference some posts.

Yes it was. DJ Ra was at Opera that night apparently. I cannot see why family are focused on the tapestry <modsnip>. Subie didn't even notice it missing on the Saturday. Perhaps it wasn't missing then?
Has a value been determined for the tapestry yet? Perhaps, as this is not part of the LE investigation, Subie could comment on this subject?

Yes it was. DJ Ra was at Opera that night apparently. I cannot see why family are focused on the tapestry <modsnip>. Subie didn't even notice it missing on the Saturday. Perhaps it wasn't missing then?

Or maybe a lead has come in involving the tapestry? That&#8217;s the only thing I can think of!

Or maybe a lead has come in involving the tapestry? That’s the only thing I can think of!
That would be useful if it was proved to be connected. But the family have said it wasn't valuable. How do they know unless it has been valued?
Also, a better poster including good photos of the remaining pieces should be produced to be circulated.

That would be useful if it was proved to be connected. But the family have said it wasn't valuable. How do they know unless it has been valued?
Also, a better poster including good photos of the remaining pieces should be produced to be circulated.

Not necessarily that it’s of any monetary value. Perhaps there was a lead involving the tapestry & Jenna. Maybe a friend recalls seeing the tapestry in someone’s possession (not Jenna’s) or perhaps there was talk of the tapestry amongst certain people, etc. I don’t think it has anything to do with money at this point.

Why do you think that "the family obviously thinks the tapestry is important". I have not seen anything that leads me to believe that, so curious as to why you have that impression. Is it that latest flyer?

I haven&#8217;t been around for a while, need to catch-up on any developments, but I see there&#8217;s no progress :(.

FWIW: I&#8217;ve long thought the &#8220;tapestry&#8221; is a red herring, possibly deliberately so, & also FWIW it isn&#8217;t a &#8220;tapestry&#8221;.

I haven’t been around for a while, need to catch-up on any developments, but I see there’s no progress :(.

FWIW: I’ve long thought the “tapestry” is a red herring, possibly deliberately so, & also FWIW it isn’t a “tapestry”.

What is it, specifically? My usage of the term ‘tapestry’ is a generalization as I don’t have a better reference for said missing piece.

That being said, this is how google defines ‘tapestry’
ab7578b85ece5a88837c9d5e8e7e6c8d.png

Discussed, yes. Dismissed by some people, yes. Haha.

After spending a sleepless night Google searching and Google Image searching, I don't think my idea is any crazier than anything else that's been discussed. I tend to think outside the box, though, so don't mind me. ;-)

Why do you think that "the family obviously thinks the tapestry is important". I have not seen anything that leads me to believe that, so curious as to why you have that impression. Is it that latest flyer?

It's the latest post on the official FB Find Jenna page.

What is it, specifically? My usage of the term ‘tapestry’ is a generalization as I don’t have a better reference for said missing piece.

That being said, this is how google defines ‘tapestry’
ab7578b85ece5a88837c9d5e8e7e6c8d.png

If you were looking for one online, it would be called in general terms a vintage appliqued and embroidered table linen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654