GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I only could find the oxygen video, which is posted upthread already. I think I found it.

It's a very good summary....trying to untangle all the in's and out's, the complications...the lack of attention from LE (IMO).....Good job done....Thank you my dear. A lot of it is consistent with all the things and timelines, Google maps in all the threads we discussed and wrote about Jenna's case, on here. Übergirl....hmmmm.

This whole story breaks my heart! And this is personal: having a child like Jenna.....so recognizable, the sorrows, the "please be my friend" thing, left out on parties, the secrecy, fighting for getting a place in this world, the beauty and softness, the wrong friends...he's is my sun and moon and every day I'm so glad he is around another day.....but Jenna's story is my big example how things can go wrong. I'm trying to monitor and look good.....but he is 24 now and wants an own live. Cry for you Jenna, beautiful human being, and for your family having to deal with all of this.

I type her name into Google from time to time, hoping for an update, but it seems the case has gone cold. I live in Atlanta, too and am only 4 years older than Jenna and she actually lived right by me, as it turns out, in 1 of the Lenox-area apartments (forget which one). I'm not sure what to think. My friend has a theory that Jenna was trafficked (Atlanta is a known sex trafficking hub and it has a huge adult entertainment industry and the sex industry is big here, both legal and illegal).

I still are not totally convinced Jenna was trafficked. Depending on what definition you give to it, it's mostly about buying a child/woman, pimping them out and not necessarily "moved to another city, country". Two interesting video's about this huge problem especially in Atlanta. Really horrifying....it seems like a never ending plaque.

I type her name into Google from time to time, hoping for an update, but it seems the case has gone cold. I live in Atlanta, too and am only 4 years older than Jenna and she actually lived right by me, as it turns out, in 1 of the Lenox-area apartments (forget which one). I'm not sure what to think. My friend has a theory that Jenna was trafficked (Atlanta is a known sex trafficking hub and it has a huge adult entertainment industry and the sex industry is big here, both legal and illegal).

Hi All, I do check on here from time to time. We do periodically get updates or contact from the GBI, they do claim the case is still open and ongoing, but we are not really in the loop. It's been 9 months since they took the case, but we are are told that the only real info we will recieve is when a lead goes dead and they move to another
So with that , it means little info will be out in the public unfortunately

First time posting here. I have tried to read all posts from previous threads which has taken several hours but I still definitely could not read everything. I had a few questions which may already have been answered and I apologize if they have...

subie_climber said:
We didn't know that morning she was missing for sure . I tried calling her that morning and her phone rang then went to voice mail. Had assumed she was sleeping in
  • I know her 2nd (secret) phone was last pinged in Fairburn at 7.45am. Where was her primary (iphone) phone last pinged? You mentioned that you called her that morning(at 9.30am?) and since her phone was still turned on and rang to voicemail, there should be a tower/ping location for that time?
  • Has the Police confirmed where her iphone pinged at the time of her sending the last text - "laying down"?
  • Regarding the Google Timeline only being enabled on the secret phone and not her primary phone..... is it at all possible that Google Timeline was actually enabled on her primary phone too but under a different email/google account?
  • I know the Google Timeline ends at 11.30pm on the Friday night. Data could indeed have been turned off on the phone from that time but is it also possible that someone intentionally deleted the timeline for Saturday? I believe when you want to delete Google Timeline data, is it usually easiest to do by day. It seems strange that the phone was still powered at 7.45am Saturday but had not had data enabled since 11.30pm the previous night. And if Timeline data was deleted deliberately, Google may well still have a copy of the deleted data. Long shot I know..
  • I am assuming you have wifi at home? Do you know if it is possible to contact your Internet Service Provider to find out what activity was on the at-home internet on Friday night /Saturday morning and until what time? Depending on your physical router, you might also be able to go in and see last activity for specific devices e.g. "Jenna's iPhone - Saturday 8/19/17 2am" - although I think most routers only store this data for a few days.
  • I am assuming the "find my phone" features on the google and apple accounts were of no help in getting a last location of the phones before they were turned off/died?

Last edited:
Jenna is already missing for 3 years. Still no news. According to the family there is nothing to report on the investigation. They alternate between anger and sorrow and ask to light a candle for Jenna.

For you Jenna, wherever you are.

ctI7oDus_c7hR7dFJqv_9e29eQ9bmH4lIVbo_3pcCUVUKGe_rtsfQbqnP6ANTpp1Xv7iLkYddG0NSLWRGYMefWlm6sPcNAaKJ-sUMMg38lZpU5LrY7nh5PhqfYLK_frK9COX0b4K3b6ZQtAQ0GGL

Jenna Van Gelderen was last heard from while pet sitting her parents’ cat in the Druid Hills neighborhood of Atlanta on the night of August 18, 2017. The 25-year-old had plans to meet a friend the next day. But when the friend arrived at Jenna’s house, neither Jenna nor her vehicle was there. Jenna’s brother Will was contacted and he found their parents’ home in disarray. Many of Jenna’s belongings were left behind and all that was missing was a WWII tapestry. After three days of not hearing from Jenna, the family reported her missing. Jenna’s dark blue Mazda 6 was found a couple of weeks later parked along a road in northwest Atlanta. According to Detective Shiera Campbell of the DeKalb Police Department, there was nothing left in the car and the gas tank was empty. Anyone with information regarding Jenna’s whereabouts is urged to call the DeKalb Police Department at (770) 724-7600.
upload_2021-2-10_14-2-52.jpeg
Seven years of Dateline's Missing in America: 156 still missing

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gerardclori