GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I always think of Jenna. Ive always thought one of the people who she was associating with her around the time she went missing knows something. I just hope that whoever knows something, one day slips up and talks to a friend about it. Cases have been solved after 10 years after an husband and wife have broken up and then one of them goes to the police and tells them what the other spouse did. I pray for closure for the family.

Lurker for a long time. Not really on this case but others. I have become interested in this case because I grew up in Druid Hills, my mom worked at Emory University, and my grandparents were members of Druid Hills Golf Club.
If Jenna's parents lived on Oakdale, why did she go to Grady High school? Anyone I knew of on Oakdale or Springdale went to Druid Hills High School (or let's be honest, a private school). Her family was an upper class Jewish family but she was hanging out with very lower class seedy characters. (I've seen some of their facebooks).
It just seems so odd to me.
Also, the immediate jump to sex trafficking by law enforcement, friends, or just people looking into the case baffles me. Yes, in Atlanta there is sex trafficking but not usually in Druid Hills in a seemingly sweet Jewish family. Red flags for me right there. Nothing makes since.

Lurker for a long time. Not really on this case but others. I have become interested in this case because I grew up in Druid Hills, my mom worked at Emory University, and my grandparents were members of Druid Hills Golf Club.
If Jenna's parents lived on Oakdale, why did she go to Grady High school? Anyone I knew of on Oakdale or Springdale went to Druid Hills High School (or let's be honest, a private school). Her family was an upper class Jewish family but she was hanging out with very lower class seedy characters. (I've seen some of their facebooks).
Also, the immediate jump to sex trafficking by law enforcement, friends, or just people looking into the case baffles me. Yes, in Atlanta there is sex trafficking but not usually in Druid Hills in a seemingly sweet Jewish family. Red flags for me right there. Nothing makes since.

Thanks for your local input here. I am not from that area, but I know a lot of well off kids from good families who went off the rails and ended up around bad people. Sometimes when you are not exposed to the negatives of society growing up, it can be easier to fall into it because you don't understand just how dangerous it can truly be. I wonder if the police have more information or leads than they have shared publicly that point to sex trafficking. It's been so long, I feel so bad for Jenna's family.

I also see a situation where it could mirror Alicia Navarro's case....praying that Jenna is safe and alive somewhere.

BBM

Jenna was on the autism spectrum which made her not only very trusting of people, but I would imagine also made her easily manipulated because of her desire to be accepted. The characters she was hanging out with were probably in her life because they could easily take advantage of her while she thought they liked her and were her friends. By all accounts Jenna was high-functioning, but ASD affects how a person interprets social cues and can make it very difficult to "see through" people. It also may have something to do with why she was attending a different school than her district.

I do not think she was a victim of sex trafficking, either. I personally believe that it was something like an act of violence that took place when she refused to do something for one of her "friends" -- ASD can make a person appear to be very stubborn, and if they were pushing her to do something and she was saying no, she could have been killed during the argument. From the information provided throughout the case, she had a very chaotic night and may have reached the point where she just said no more, and then whatever happened, happened.

I truly hope that one day she is found and the family will have some answers.

MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmyygail