• Thread starter Thread starter lppointer
  • Start date Start date
Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Originally posted by seamless

If you can take a step back and block out the awful things that the discussion is centered around, (yes, I know they are very terrible!!) it is quite entertaining that he/she is able to control complete strangers in this way.

When it comes to print, anyone can read what is written here on ws. This forum has gained a wide audience over the last year. So when I see printed things like what Toth writes, and yes I am well aware of the attention this gets him/her, I feel it is only fair to readers that there are people that don't appreciate comments like the ones we have seen come out of Toth. Most of the time it doesn't bother me, I just read on. But this was such a sad thing. I wouldn't come back to a place like ws if I thought they just stood idly by while people unfeelingly puke out mean comments. There are tons of places on the web for that.

Believe me, it only takes one second for most people to detect that some of the comments coming from Toth are to be ignored. Once in a while, that old idea called respect comes creeping back and I can't stand it, I've got to say something.

:dontknow:

I have never said the child deserved to die or that if she had lived she would necessarily have turned out bad, only that it was rather likely.
I'm sure the investigation will turn up other incidents that showed what these defendants were like. Nobody just snaps and does this out of thin air.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/henry/stories/2009/04/26/joella_charlott_reaves.html

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Stepmother faces trial for torture

A Superior Court jury will determine Charlott Reaves’ role in the 2003 torture and murder of Joella Reaves beginning Tuesday, with the start of jury selection in McDonough. If found guilty, Reaves could face the death penalty.

Her husband, Rodney Reaves, was sentenced in February to life in prison, with the possibility of parole after 14 years, after being convicted of felony murder, aggravated battery and two counts of cruelty to children for his role in his daughter’s death. He was acquitted of a felony count of malice murder, sparing him the death penalty.

toth, I usually do not respond to post like yours and do not post that often.
I just wanted to say that I am adding you to my prayer list. I feel that you have some long deep problems and really need help.

It often is better and only the intervention of the state or well-meaning do-gooders makes things worse. One 14 year old girl was chained (literally) in the back of a van and was being rented out for twenty dollars. When "rescued" her first words were please don't send me back to the orphanage. It seems she didn't mind the man chaining her up or keeping all the money, she felt she was eating and living better than in the orphanage.

Maybe she didn't mean that she didn't mind being in that van being used and abused. Maybe she meant just what she said..."please don't send me back to the orphanage." Meaning...I know you are going to place me somewhere but please don't send me back there. I hope LE investigated the reason she didn't want to go back to the orphanage. I doubt very much if that little girl wanted to be where she was and it didn't have anything to do with the money. It had to do with her body, spirit, and selfworth.

This story is so sad and it's even sadder that it took 6 years for it to finish in court. RIP Joella, I'm so sorry for all the pain your endured on earth. :rose:

I can't comment on the outcome of Rodney's trial, it's disappointing to say the least. May justice be served at the conclusion of Charlott's trial.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/henry/stories/2009/05/04/reaves_henry_judge.html

Monday, May 04, 2009

...In closing statements in the murder case against Charlott Reaves, her lawyer laid all the blame for the girl’s death on Rodney Reaves, who was convicted of her murder in February and is now serving life in prison...

...But the 43-year-old woman agreed to a bench trial, letting Henry County Judge Wade Crumbley decide her guilt and punishment if she is convicted. In return, the prosecutor will ask the judge not to consider capital punishment...

...A medical examiner testified the autopsy showed more than 100 injuries on Joella Reaves’ body and that her trapezius muscle had been ripped off her shoulder blade...

More at link

Why do either of these monsters have a chance at parole? :furious:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member