Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
John "Dax" Dunn - Disappeared

Posted April 22, 2022

Disappearance
On February 13, 2020, Dunn was last seen at his residence in Newnan, Georgia, around 4:30 pm. He told his family he had plans for a four-day weekend fishing trip alone near Tampa.

On February 14, 2020, Dunn made the long trip from Georgia to Florida in his vehicle, a 2013 white Nissan Frontier. Later that day, he used his debit card to make a purchase in Midway, off of Interstate-10.

On February 15, 2020, Dunn stopped at a Circle K gas station on 4 Highway 19 S in Inglis, Florida. He purchased energy drinks, snacks, and gas with his debit card. Later that day, he rented a room at a motel in Inglis, Florida.

On February 17, 2020, Dunn rented a 10.5 foot long lime green kayak and life vest from Paddles Outdoor Rentals, a canoe and kayak rental service in Crystal River, Florida.

Dunn never returned home from his weekend fishing trip, and hasn’t been seen or heard from since.

On February 18, 2020, his family grew concerned when Dunn failed to show up for work and filed a missing persons report with the Coweta County Sheriff’s Office.

Investigation
On March 3, 2020, authorities discovered Dunn’s abandoned pickup truck, a 2013 white Nissan Frontier with license Georgia plate QFK2741, partially hidden in a thicket of trees, near the boat ramp at the end of County Road 40, in Yankeetown, Florida.

Authorities found fishing rods and reels in the bed of the truck, as well as a travel bag with clothes and a cooler inside. Authorities found no evidence of foul play in or near the truck.

The vehicle was found locked, with the keys missing along with Dunn’s wallet and pistol. The kayak, spear gun, and life vest, which were never returned to the Crystal River’s rental service, were also missing.

His phone records, bank account, and social media have had no activity since February 15, 2020.

Whereabouts
Police found no evidence, means, or motive for foul play in John Dax Dunn’s disappearance. A $1,000 reward is being offered by his family for information that leads to his location.

The circumstances of John Dax Dunn’s disappearance remain unclear, and his case is currently classified as missing. His case remains unsolved.

Please bump, it appears they still have no idea what happened to JDD.
Can anyone still find anything on Facebook? The link from that information is broken and I can't find it through a search on FB.

Well thats super interesting. Had he silently been found? That makes me think self harm. In any case, my hearts goes out to him and his family.

Someone mentioned up thread that his wife began divorce proceedings in 2021 and it was likely done via publication rather than him being served. I'm curious as to why she wouldn't rather he be declared dead (thinking that would be more beneficial in terms of benefits for the children) rather than divorce him, so that made me wonder if he's also been found.

Someone mentioned up thread that his wife began divorce proceedings in 2021 and it was likely done via publication rather than him being served. I'm curious as to why she wouldn't rather he be declared dead (thinking that would be more beneficial in terms of benefits for the children) rather than divorce him, so that made me wonder if he's also been found.
Hhmmm smart thinking!

It appears she actually filed for divorce on 1/24/20, one month before he disappeared. When I heard that JDD took a pistol with him on the kayak, I thought he might have been worried about alligators rather than immediately assuming self harm. Now, seeing the proximity of the dates between the divorce filing and the disappearance, I am leaning more towards self harm.
The divorce was granted on 2/17/21 almost exactly one year after he disappeared. Interestingly they also note, “includes annulment.”

Attachments

• 6856CF2B-4BB4-4965-A099-6E5544483E5A.jpeg
    6856CF2B-4BB4-4965-A099-6E5544483E5A.jpeg
    88.4 KB · Views: 4
  • B23AC216-8F42-46B3-9833-F671945E0306.jpeg
    B23AC216-8F42-46B3-9833-F671945E0306.jpeg
    33.3 KB · Views: 4
  • CB7BC5E7-0023-4D87-ACC7-7897F7B73500.jpeg
    CB7BC5E7-0023-4D87-ACC7-7897F7B73500.jpeg
    105.1 KB · Views: 4
I was trying to figure out why his bank card was being used in Florida, when I read this info from the Find John "Dax" Dunn FB page:

"He was last seen on 2/15 at the Circle K gas station located on 4 Hwy 19 S in Inglis Fl (90 miles north of Tampa) and is traveling in a white 2013 Nissan Frontier, pictured below, TAG - QFK2741. He left home on February 13th for a solo fishing trip, said he was going somewhere near Tampa but was not sure of an exact location. There has been no activity on his cell or bank accounts since 2/15. He was due back on the 18th for work and did not show up." BBM
Please bump.

The Coweta County Sheriff's Office said 40-year-old John Dax Dunn was last seen at his home on Feb. 13, 2020 around 4:30 p.m. Since then, his financial card has been used in two places in Florida. One was on Feb. 14 in Midway, Florida and the other was on Feb. 15 in Inglis, Florida.

The Coweta County Sheriff's Office said 40-year-old John Dax Dunn was last seen at his home on Feb. 13, 2020 around 4:30 p.m. Since then, his financial card has been used in two places in Florida. One was on Feb. 14 in Midway, Florida and the other was on Feb. 15 in Inglis, Florida.
Respectfully, can you give us a source for this?

Missing Georgia man’s bank cards used in Florida

This link gives a little more detail on where his bank card was used.

...investigators said his bank financial card was used twice in Florida. It was used on Feb. 14, in Midway, Fl., which is off Interstate 10, just west of Tallahassee. The card was used again on Feb. 15, in Inglis, Fl., which is off Highway 98, north of Crystal River.

Investigators have not said who made the transactions with the card.
Sounds like they may have some security video.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck
Back