GA - Jonathan Gilbert, 22, Confronts 3 people Egging his Home and is Shot to Death, Spalding County 3 July 2023 *ARRESTS

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

tlcya

mother daughter sister wife friend paralegal
Reaction score
Three Georgia teens face murder charges after their alleged plan to egg the house of a man because of what authorities termed an "ongoing lovers' quarrel" went horribly wrong, say police.
[snip]
“It appears that there was an ongoing lovers’ quarrel and the suspects decided to go to Gilbert’s residence on Dobbins Mill and vandalize it by egging it,” Sheriff Darrell Dix said in the release.

When Gilbert saw the suspects egging his house, he came out of his house unarmed to confront them, Dix said.

The suspects raced back to their car and “as Gilbert approached them, Sydney Maughon, a backseat passenger in the car, produced a firearm and shot him multiple times,” Dix said.
[snip]
“Because they all plotted and planned together, and traveled to the location with the intent to commit a crime that led up to the murder together, they are all culpable just as if they had each pulled the trigger themselves,” Dix said in the release.

“They went to egg a house, the victim confronted them while they were doing it, he lost his life, and they drove off and left his body in the middle of the road,” he said. “Together they bought that ticket; now together they can ride that ride.”
3 Georgia Teens Accused of Murdering Man After Plot to Egg His House Goes Wrong

"I have a hole on my soul and in my spirit that won't never be filled," Tyler's mother Monica Gilbert said.
[snip]
"My little 'Ty bug' was so loved by everyone he met he had an infectious smile and just big huge blue eyes. He was really trying to turn his life around, and he's left a hole in our hearts for sure," Tyler's grandmother, Pamela Eisenberg, said.
[snip]
Family members say Tyler had moved to Texas, but was back in Georgia to take care of a ticket he couldn't settle online. He was staying at a friend's house on July 3 on Dobbins Mill Road in Griffin when Spalding County deputies say three people egged that home. That's when deputies say Tyler went outside to confront the group, and was shot.

Deputies say there was an ongoing lovers quarrel, but Tyler's family says he was trying to protect the home.
Dozens gather to remember loved one murdered in so-called 'lovers quarrel'

So the initial article I linked appears to have been incorrect in reporting he was at his own home. He was apparently staying with a friend. hard to know if the love triangle involved him or the homeowner with whom he was apparently staying.

georgiasuspects.jpg

Three Georgia teens have been charged with murder after one of them repeatedly shot a man while they were egging his house, WSB-TV reports.

Authorities allege that Sydney Maughon and Jeremy Munson, both 18, and 19-year-old McKenzie Davenport, went to vandalize a man’s home in Griffin, about 35 miles south of Atlanta.

The teens reportedly were targeting Jonathan Gilbert, who also was known as Tyler Lane, amid a “lovers’ quarrel.”

“It appears there was an ongoing lovers’ quarrel, and the suspects decided to go to Gilbert’s residence on Dobbins Mill and vandalize it by egging it,” the Spalding County Sheriff’s Office said in a press release. “When Gilbert saw what they were doing to his residence, he came out of the house unarmed, to confront them.”

Maughon allegedly pulled a gun and shot Gilbert multiple times while fleeing in a vehicle with the other teens.

Gilbert and his ex-girlfriend Sydney Maughon had reportedly been in an 'ongoing lover's quarrel' after Gilbert became closer to another woman, Kaylee Morgan.
[snip]
Morgan, who was in the house when the egging began, told NewsNation that Gilbert 'came outside to confront her [Maughon], and they all ran back to the car'

Gilbert, who is believed to have been unarmed, then approached the car.

'From what I think happened, she shot him when he was running up to the car,' Morgan alleged.

'He just collapsed, and he was alive for about 10 minutes, begging for someone,' she said while fighting back tears.

'It’s very sad. Because he lost his dad that way. From what I’ve heard, Jeremy got out of the car and snatched his necklace off of him. It was his dad’s ashes… He was begging for his life, and nobody knows what was going through his mind at that time.'
Georgia man shot dead by three teenage suspects 'begged for his life'

interview with friend Kaylee Morgan (whose house this happened at)

Interesting reading. And definitely something that is thought provoking. Vandalism is wrong on every level. Why weren't these teens out doing something productive, like working or studying? At the gym, working out, anything but trolling around looking for trouble.

Gilbert and his ex-girlfriend Sydney Maughon had reportedly been in an 'ongoing lover's quarrel' after Gilbert became closer to another woman, Kaylee Morgan.
[snip]
Morgan, who was in the house when the egging began, told NewsNation that Gilbert 'came outside to confront her [Maughon], and they all ran back to the car'

Gilbert, who is believed to have been unarmed, then approached the car.

'From what I think happened, she shot him when he was running up to the car,' Morgan alleged.

'He just collapsed, and he was alive for about 10 minutes, begging for someone,' she said while fighting back tears.

'It’s very sad. Because he lost his dad that way. From what I’ve heard, Jeremy got out of the car and snatched his necklace off of him. It was his dad’s ashes… He was begging for his life, and nobody knows what was going through his mind at that time.'
Georgia man shot dead by three teenage suspects 'begged for his life'

interview with friend Kaylee Morgan (whose house this happened at)
Emphasis mine.
Absolutely despicable.
Wish the accused could be locked away for the remainder of their lives, but doubtful.

Rest in peace, Jonathan !

"I have a hole on my soul and in my spirit that won't never be filled," Tyler's mother Monica Gilbert said.
[snip]
"My little 'Ty bug' was so loved by everyone he met he had an infectious smile and just big huge blue eyes. He was really trying to turn his life around, and he's left a hole in our hearts for sure," Tyler's grandmother, Pamela Eisenberg, said.
[snip]
Family members say Tyler had moved to Texas, but was back in Georgia to take care of a ticket he couldn't settle online. He was staying at a friend's house on July 3 on Dobbins Mill Road in Griffin when Spalding County deputies say three people egged that home. That's when deputies say Tyler went outside to confront the group, and was shot.

Deputies say there was an ongoing lovers quarrel, but Tyler's family says he was trying to protect the home.
Dozens gather to remember loved one murdered in so-called 'lovers quarrel'

So the initial article I linked appears to have been incorrect in reporting he was at his own home. He was apparently staying with a friend. hard to know if the love triangle involved him or the homeowner with whom he was apparently staying.

the thread title says Jonathan but this article calls him Tyler?

Last edited:
Interesting reading. And definitely something that is thought provoking. Vandalism is wrong on every level. Why weren't these teens out doing something productive, like working or studying? At the gym, working out, anything but trolling around looking for trouble.
I agree. They seem too old to drive around and throw eggs and toilet paper houses. But some young people today seem to have nothing going on.

"A young man shot after three teenagers egged his house 'begged for his life' for nearly 10 minutes before he died, a friend has revealed."

Looking at these teenagers photos, I am surprised, or maybe I shouldn’t be surprised, at the lack of remorse seen on their faces. No crying, no distress from what I can see. Whatever the situation, lovers quarrel or not, how could Sydney pull the trigger on someone she was at one point in a relationship with? (Based on the daily mail article linked above).

Sad that he had just been baptized, got his technician certificate, etc. he had a whole life ahead of him that was taken by these cowards.
I’m angry for his family. IMO.

Looking at these teenagers photos, I am surprised, or maybe I shouldn’t be surprised, at the lack of remorse seen on their faces. No crying, no distress from what I can see. Whatever the situation, lovers quarrel or not, how could Sydney pull the trigger on someone she was at one point in a relationship with? (Based on the daily mail article linked above).

Sad that he had just been baptized, got his technician certificate, etc. he had a whole life ahead of him that was taken by these cowards.
I’m angry for his family. IMO.

I have a feeling that reality will change that.

A teenager sobbed in court after she and her two friends were denied bond for allegedly killing one of their ex-boyfriends while egging his house in Georgia.

McKenzie Davenport, 19, bowed her head and wept in her prison jumpsuit, while her handcuffed accomplices, Sydney Maughon and Jeremy Munson, both 18, looked emotionless at the hearing.

Sounds like reality is setting in ??

Not sure if this is actual remorse, though ?
Omo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back