GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I really dont think this apartment complex ran a tight ship. I read even though it was a gated community one of the gates stayed open and unlocked and anyone could pass through. Also a poster here put up a site for complaints against this complex and many residents had issues with the way the complex was managed.

I dont think LE had any control over making this case go away. It seems Brunn and even his lawyer knew it was futile to go to trial with all the evidence against him. LE nor the DA could have made him plea. He knew he was guilty and he was trying to save himself from the death penalty, imo.

IMO

Even crappy communities don't want to lose their golf carts and have to walk to over 300 units - he somehow got the key.

I put up the apartmentratings.com website very early on, and explained that people only post to that site when they're mad - or staff post flowery posts to boost their rating. You will find very few communities with ratings over 40-50%. Less than 30% is a cause for concern, but no one has control over the content. Gates are broken all the time, and it's usually because kids who are unsupervised like to ride on them or drunks run into them. Every time an access gate breaks, the owner is out an average of $300 for repairs.....and sometimes the gates, especially on a property with a lot of kids, are broken weekly.

Exactly, he was trying to save himself from the death penalty - and we didn't hear much at all about how he got a key to the apartment, where he got the golf cart key, whose computer the *advertiser censored* was on, where they got their drugs and if any were found in the searches.... we just know it went away quick.

Edited to add - the Housing Authority chooses these developers, and the city doles out vast sums of money to have these housing units built in the form of grants - this one was probably 25 million, maybe more. Housing Authorities in many states are also corrupt, and they take a lot of kick-backs in the form of contractors and govt. funds. No one wants this remembered long.... just my opinion.

If you think LE has no control over these cases, think again....
http://truthinjustice.org/p-pmisconduct.htm

Scapa,
SO WELL SAID!! I dont believe for 1 second ANYONE can learn anything from this.
The only thing this has done for me is to NEVER trust anyone, I had maybe 1% trust before Aliahna,(plumadore),and Jorelys(Brunn) cases, but these last 2 cases have done me in.
I have a 35 yo severely mentally handicapped son, that was brutally sodomized at camp when he was 10 yo, the monster has been running free for 25 years, and I also have a 12 yo daughter, so, as you can well see, Im past protective.
This is the only way I can handle it, it may be wrong in others opinions, but, Ive never had anyone ask me to try my shoes on.
Sorry for venting, my heart aches so much for the people that truly loved these children.I dont see how they go on living .

So very sorry this happened to your son. I never trusted anyone with my daughter - mostly because I was trusting for the both of us and she really didn't have the same instincts or experience with people. I don't think you can ever really know someone unless you're around them 24 hrs. a day anyway.

Even crappy communities don't want to lose their golf carts and have to walk to over 300 units - he somehow got the key.

I put up the apartmentratings.com website very early on, and explained that people only post to that site when they're mad - or staff post flowery posts to boost their rating. You will find very few communities with ratings over 40-50%. Less than 30% is a cause for concern, but no one has control over the content. Gates are broken all the time, and it's usually because kids who are unsupervised like to ride on them or drunks run into them. Every time an access gate breaks, the owner is out an average of $300 for repairs.....and sometimes the gates, especially on a property with a lot of kids, are broken weekly.

Exactly, he was trying to save himself from the death penalty - and we didn't hear much at all about how he got a key to the apartment, where he got the golf cart key, whose computer the *advertiser censored* was on, where they got their drugs and if any were found in the searches.... we just know it went away quick.

Edited to add - the Housing Authority chooses these developers, and the city doles out vast sums of money to have these housing units built in the form of grants - this one was probably 25 million, maybe more. Housing Authorities in many states are also corrupt, and they take a lot of kick-backs in the form of contractors and govt. funds. No one wants this remembered long.... just my opinion.

I know you are a professional in this field and that you run or have run an apartment complex in a professional manner but I doubt everybody is as conscientious as you.

I could see the lead maintenance guy who probably lives off site letting RB have a key to the shop and the golf cart. I have found over the years in different lines of work that people will give others (that they trust) keys because that means they don't have to unlock stuff for them. (the old less work for me syndrome) Look at this situation. You've got a new guy that is probably an excellent BSer and he lives on-site with your bosses son. This could be a big advantage to maintenance guys #1 and #2 because RB would actually have access and could "put out fires" even if the others weren't on site AND you have a built in check and balance system with the bosses son. I don't mean to babble but I could see how this access could be had by RB.

If this access was not available to RB is it possible that this abduction might not have occurred? no comment

Now getting to the key to the apartment issue. I mentioned that a place I lived would key a vacant apartment with a "common lock" a lock that the maintenance guys may all have a key to. If that was the case here then it is simple to see how he had access. Take it one step further. If RB was running around trashing out apartments all day and he was carrying a key or keys then what would it take to run to Home Deopt or even Walmart and have a copy made? (even on a lunch run) This guy planned ***** out continually so to do that would be second nature.

RB gained access to the golf cart and at least one strategically located empty apartment and in his twisted head the wheels started turning. Do I blame the apartments? No. I think an employer has to have a degree of trust in their employees to get things done.

They just trusted the wrong guy. ****** ******

The Slaughter of Innocence

1.Polly
2.Child Molestation
3.Pedophiles
4.The Internet and Pedophilia
5.The Battle Rages On
6.The Media and Pedophilia
7.Pedophile Characteristics
8.If You Suspect
9.Bibliography

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/criminal_mind/psychology/pedophiles/1.html

There are hundreds of other criminal psychology articles out there. Brunn may confess to other molestation cases but I highly doubt it. What incentive does he have now? DP is already off the table.

Watch your kids.

ETA female pedophilia - Page 3 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

JACKSON, Ga. (WXIA) -- Confessed child killer Ryan Brunn was transferred Wednesday to the Georgia Diagnostic and Classification Prison in Jackson.

Brunn, 20, pleaded guilty in court Tuesday to the rape and murder of 7-year-old Jorelys Rivera in a Canton apartment complex in early December. Brunn was a maintenance man at the complex who admitted in court Tuesday that he raped and killed little Jorelys after luring her to a vacant apartment.

After his plea, Brunn was sentenced to life without the possibility of parole. He was transferred from Cherokee County to the prison in Jackson, where he will stay during his sentence.

http://canton.11alive.com/photo-gallery/news/98811-photos-killer-ryan-brunns-new-prison-home?page=4

OT: Speaking of pedophiles, we got a notice today from school that several children reported a man watching them over the past week or so on the way to a nearby school and trying to get them to get in his truck. You cannot watch your kids "too much". You just can't. IMO, it has become a necessary part of parenting.

I think it was said he was to clean out the vacant apartment and that is why he had the key. To me he was the all around gopher and having the keys to the golf cart wasnt a big deal.

That happens in plea deals I see. A lot of the informaton is never revealed. I was surprised though that Brunn did half way explain what he did even though he conveniently left very pertenent details out. Some Judges just require they say they are guilty of the crime charged and they dont stand up and say much about what all they did.

From what I have read he looked at the kiddie *advertiser censored* on his roommate's computer while the roommate was at work.

I am not sure why you are giving me a link to Prosecutorial Misconduct. Has there been anyone that has stated the DA has done something improper or unethical in this case? Are you saying you think Brunn's confession was coerced?

I dont think there was a vast conspiracy by local LE, GBI and the FBI to frame Brunn. The evidence found and tested pointed to him and only him. He knew where her body was because he is he one that placed it there. He also knew he was going to get the death penalty if a trial was held.

IMO

IMO it is VERY strange that RB's mother or father have not been seen or heard from. I think if they had been in the courtroom, media would have shown their faces and tried to interview them.

Maybe this current lack of involvement tells us something about both parents.

IMO it is VERY strange that RB's mother or father have not been seen or heard from. I think if they had been in the courtroom, media would have shown their faces and tried to interview them.

It tends to make me think they knew about the prior child sex abuse claims and knew right away that he may have done this.

imo

I am dying to know more about this family and their background. I wonder if they will talk at any point down the road.

<snipped for brevity>

I am not sure why you are giving me a link to Prosecutorial Misconduct. Has there been anyone that has stated the DA has done something improper or unethical in this case? Are you saying you think Brunn's confession was coerced?

I dont think there was a vast conspiracy by local LE, GBI and the FBI to frame Brunn. The evidence found and tested pointed to him and only him. He knew where her body was because he is he one that placed it there. He also knew he was going to get the death penalty if a trial was held.

IMO

I never once said he didn't do it or was framed in ANY way - in fact, I said at least three times I believe he did all of it. All I'm trying to say is that it all happened so quickly. There is never a guarantee when it comes to the outcome of a trial, never...and there was certainly no guarantee he would get the death penalty no matter how much evidence they have. I was a Regional VP of a management company for many years, and in the industry for over 25, I know how things get covered up and how connected these guys are. Reputation is everything when you're making deals with the government for millions to build housing for the poor and disabled.

The link I sent you was to show how often plea deals get rushed and for various reason. I'm surely not trying to argue with you about this - just curious, from where I stand, why it took less than two months from beginning to end.

You'll have to trust me on the golf cart, porters don't use them, especially after work. Someone either gave him a key to the cart and where it was stored, or he got it during working hours knowing he would use it later.

All that said, I'm thrilled with the outcome, just a little amazed at the expediency.

IMO, RB was nothing more than a check to his foster mother. I am confused about who his real mother is and why, if she was fostering the boys, she was allowed to move from NY to Georgia with them.

You'll have to trust me on the golf cart, porters don't use them, especially after work. Someone either gave him a key to the cart and where it was stored, or he got it during working hours knowing he would use it later.

All that said, I'm thrilled with the outcome, just a little amazed at the expediency.

respectfully snipped by me for space
I caught in several articles (including one linked) that he was actually ON SHIFT and clocked out AFTER the murder, so I assume this makes him having access to the cart more plausible.
*warning-link graphic*
http://www.wtvm.com/story/16538403/convicted-murderer-reveals-graphic-details-in-murder

IMO, RB was nothing more than a check to his foster mother. I am confused about who his real mother is and why, if she was fostering the boys, she was allowed to move from NY to Georgia with them.

Agree about the "just a check". I am pretty sure it was determined that the kids were adopted out of foster care, which is usually an option for kids that have been removed permanently from their birth families. I think this process allows the adoptive parent to become a permanent legal guardian, but some stipends are still provided.

I never once said he didn't do it or was framed in ANY way - in fact, I said at least three times I believe he did all of it. All I'm trying to say is that it all happened so quickly. There is never a guarantee when it comes to the outcome of a trial, never...and there was certainly no guarantee he would get the death penalty no matter how much evidence they have. I was a Regional VP of a management company for many years, and in the industry for over 25, I know how things get covered up and how connected these guys are. Reputation is everything when you're making deals with the government for millions to build housing for the poor and disabled.

The link I sent you was to show how often plea deals get rushed and for various reason. I'm surely not trying to argue with you about this - just curious, from where I stand, why it took less than two months from beginning to end.

I am not trying to argue with you either, Vipate.

But what is done in one gated community complex by one manager never means the same rules and guidelines are being done by another manager in another state in a small town.

From what I recall..........he was on duty and I am sure at times he had to legitmately use the golf cart. Heck who knows.......these manager may have not even made sure the golf cart was secured. I just dont see the use of the golf cart as a big issue anyway.

Of course there are no guarantees for any trial but most jurors are not like the Anthony jurors.

In this case they had the solid forensic evidence to prove their case and witnesses that saw him after the murder at the trash compactor and Brunn and his attorney knew it.

Well I do believe any jury would have given him the death penalty. I am from Georgia and when adult strangers prey on innocent children by torturing/raping and murdering them they wind up on death row.

The horrors that Jorelys endured is similiar to 6 year old Christopher Barrios out of Brunswick, Georgia. Death penalty case. Death penalty given.

IMO

I have no words. Poor Jorelys. Brunn is a lying, monster.

Agree about the "just a check". I am pretty sure it was determined that the kids were adopted out of foster care, which is usually an option for kids that have been removed permanently from their birth families. I think this process allows the adoptive parent to become a permanent legal guardian, but some stipends are still provided.

From what I read all five of the adopted children in his family were adopted when they were a small infant.

Sounds like he had been with his adopted family shortly after his birth and his siblings too.

I don't find it strange at all. If my child confessed to something like that, I would disown & never have anything to do with him again.

I am not trying to argue with you either, Vipate.

But what is done in one gated community complex by one manager never means the same rules and guidelines are being done by another manager in another state in a small town.

From what I recall..........he was on duty and I am sure at times he had to legitmately use the golf cart. Heck who knows.......these manager may have not even made sure the golf cart was secured. I just dont see the use of the golf cart as a big issue anyway.

Of course there are no guarantees for any trial but most jurors are not like the Anthony jurors.

In this case they had the solid forensic evidence to prove their case and witnesses that saw him after the murder at the trash compactor and Brunn and his attorney knew it.

Well I do believe any jury would have given him the death penalty. I am from Georgia and when adult strangers prey on innocent children by torturing/raping and murdering them they wind up on death row.

The horrors that Jorelys endured is similiar to 6 year old Christopher Barrios out of Brunswick, Georgia. Death penalty case. Death penalty given.

IMO
BEM: Yes, they do follow the same rules and guidelines on every property that management company manages, no matter where the property they manage is located....and there are specific guidelines when it comes to any equipment belonging the company. For insurance purposes no one without a driver's license is allowed to drive the cart with some management companies (a rule I always found absurd), and the carts are not to be used for any other reason than their designation. The manager does not have the freedom to do as she pleases with company property.

Was he off work? How do you know that? It was after 5:00 when Jorely's went missing. Here's the other thing, he used their company property in the commission of a crime - which is where it would make a huge difference in a lawsuit, whether or not he was given permission to use it. Even if her weren't given permission, it is the responsibility of the manager to make sure the cart is locked up, whether she did this or not would likely be irrelevant in a lawsuit.

Now that it's over, there is bound to be a lawsuit. There is the premises liability law where property owners could be responsible for damages resulting from criminal assaults committed on the property/community. Common failures on the part of property owners include security, inadequate lighting, and negligent hiring, supervision, and retention of employees.

Under Georgia Premises Law an owner can be held liable, specifically, for false imprisonment - one of the charges against RB, as well as intentional infliction of emotional distress.

"An owner can be held liable for punitive damages arising from his own acts or from those of his employees in the scope of their employment."

I RB was using the golf cart under the guise of trashing out that vacant apartment, and if he was in possession of the key to that vacant apartment with the permission of the manager to work overtime that weekend, they're in deep poo.

This post is to no one in particular - just putting it out there because I have a feeling, if the mother hasn't already been compensated, there's a lawyer out there who will be happy to take her case pro-bono in exchange for the resulting 33% (or whatever the going rate is these days). THIS is a slam dunk case as much as the conviction of RB - IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theempirepublishers
Back