Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

cybervampira

Reaction score
Police: Teen goes missing on drive to Elberton

We are again seeking the public’s help.

18 year old Julie Mosier left a residence in Danielsville on Wednesday (07-12-18) around 5 a.m. headed to Elberton. She did not arrive and has not been seen or heard from since.

She was driving a black 1994 Chevrolet lumina (like the one pictured) with fading paint, a broken front turn signal and bearing tag #RHR5983.

If you have contact with Julie or her vehicle, call Madison County CommutationsCenter at (706)795-0809 or Chief Brenan Baird at (706)796-2189 x 104 or bbaird@cityofdanielsville.us

787DB514-DFE5-4D6D-8E64-0332AC3EACC1.jpeg 3EF784A0-469D-444E-9EFF-1384D24EBFD9.jpeg A47BAF88-AB56-4E28-A4CC-7EA1BEB474EA.jpeg

Danielsville Police Department

The police update their post on their FB Page - Danielsville Police Department

We are again seeking the public’s help.

18 year old Julie Mosier left a residence in Danielsville on Wednesday (07-12-18) around 5 a.m. headed to Elberton. She did not arrive and has not been seen or heard from since.

She was driving a black 1994 Chevrolet lumina (like the one pictured) with fading paint, a broken front turn signal and bearing tag #RHR5983.

*** we have learned that Julie was last seen traveling north on highway 29 near Irvin Kirk Rd. at 5:14 a.m. on a surveillance camera at a local business********

If you have contact with Julie or her vehicle, call Madison County CommutationsCenter at (706)795-0809 or Chief Brenan Baird at (706)796-2189 x 104 or bbaird@cityofdanielsville.us

Obviously, from each of your maps, that is not the direction to go to Elberton.

It is certainly not the most direct or shortest route to Elberton....but one can get to Elberton via that route. Google just provides what they consider to be the best three routes. She could have taken other routes (side roads) not noted by Google to cut off some miles.

Here is a link to the Google map showing the "best" three possible routes.
Google Maps

Aren't all those other maps screenshots?
Yes, they are screen shots of google. It was not my understanding that screen shots of google were not allowed. I just checked TOS again and I'm not seeing anything that prohibits it.

Hoping a moderator will weigh in and let me know if I'm breaking TOS. Will self report this message to get the attention of a mod.

Yes, they are screen shots of google. It was not my understanding that screen shots of google were not allowed. I just checked TOS again and I'm not seeing anything that prohibits it.

Hoping a moderator will weigh in and let me know if I'm breaking TOS. Will self report this message to get the attention of a mod.
I have always been under the impression that SS of google maps are fine, but sometimes a mod will ask that *any* pic posted be posted with a link too. Copyright issues I assume.

So little information being released....I'm having to make assumptions.....

Leaving at 5:00 am to head for Elberton....possibly to arrive at work at 6:00 am or shortly before? Stopped at a store near Irwin Kirk Road. Last heard from at 5:51 a.m. per the link above. So, unless her vehicle was broken down somewhere along the way, she should have almost been to Elberton at 5:51.

I took the little yellow Google guy for a walk down US Highway 29 near Irwin Kirk road. The Google images are from 2014 so things could be different now....but there is a D'ville Mini Mart store/gas station at the corner of Irwin Kirk and US Highway 29. I'm going to assume that she stopped here for gas, coffee or something else. Then, she would head north on 29 and turn on Highway 281/Wildcat Bridge Road and head toward Elberton.

Google map link: Google Maps

Since there is no mention of finding her vehicle, I'm going to assume that her car has not been found. This leaves me with the following possibilities (in random order):

1) Some point between when she was last heard from at 5:51 and reaching her intended destination, she ran off the road, crashed and has not yet been found.
2) Her vehicle broke down. She was stopped and an early morning predator happened upon her and has since hidden both her and her car.
3) Someone followed her from Danielsville, ran her off the road before she reached her destination and has since hidden her and the car.
4) Car-jacked close to her destination and forced to drive her abductor to parts unknown.
5) Needed a break (from parents, boyfriend, life?) and is voluntarily missing.

Since there is so little information being released I'm finding it hard to place more weight on one of the options. I'm not sure why but I'm not feeling that she is voluntarily missing.

The call at 5:51 bothers me. Who would she call at 5:51 am. A parent? A co-worker? A boyfriend? A friend? To tell them she reached her destination? Or a cry for help?

Worried about this young lady....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm
Back