GA GA - Justin Gaines, 19, Duluth, 2 Nov 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Are there any bodies of water in the area? Could the young man have drowned?

someone on that truecrimeweblog.com says that justins brother has been pulled out of class, perhaps indicating that there has been some movement in the case.

ugggh. i dont like this...every time i see this thread at the top im hoping someone has wrote hes found safe!! But the news gets worse. :(

I read that true crime blog and alot of people mentioned more than several occausions of their own or friends drinks getting spiked at Wild Bills.

Apparently, reward is up to $50,000.00 and TexasEqua-search is coming tomorrow. Rumor (which is some of the best info LE has to go on at the moment) has it that Justin was involved in some sort of altercation at the club, and the two "friends" he was with are not cooperating with LE. (stupid). Wild Bill's is also toast IMO because there are lots of people coming out with numerous reports of rampant underage drinking. I wonder who these two "friends" of Justin's are. Supposedly, he got a ride with a couple who borrowed a car, yet decided not to stay at the club due to the cover charge. This couple then "returned" the car, and that is why they couldn't come back and pick Justin up. .......Question: Can you guys see my hinky meter all the way over in the red????.....

Uh oh. . . .
Quote from Link:
Gwinnett County police Cpl. Illana Spellman said there have been reports that Justin Gaines got into an altercation with another patron at the bar. However, details remain sketchy about the altercation because the two friends who were with Justin Gaines that night have refused to cooperate with police requests, Spellman said.....

Oh my! That is not good. Either his friends are covering their own butts or someone elses. :silenced:

Uh oh. . . .
Quote from Link:
Gwinnett County police Cpl. Illana Spellman said there have been reports that Justin Gaines got into an altercation with another patron at the bar. However, details remain sketchy about the altercation because the two friends who were with Justin Gaines that night have refused to cooperate with police requests, Spellman said.

http://www.chroniclet.com/2007/11/14/north-ridgeville-mans-son-missing-in-georgia

Anytime friends refuse to cooperate with police there's a problem. :(

Yeh, something happened. I wonder if he o'ded or had an accident on drugs they sold him?

Well, these "friends" are pretty stupid to think that they are going to get away with anything by refusing to cooperate with LE! Honestly, what do they expect to happen? LE will just look at them and say "Oh, ok...you don't have to tell us anything". Get real!

Are there any bodies of water in the area? Could the young man have drowned?

With the current drought in GA, I don't think there are many bodies of water capable of "hiding" a body. I say "hiding" because it doesn't take much in which to drown. :(

I just got this off the wild bill website........What is Barnacle's?? Where is that located? If he was last seen there with the 2 men then maybe they need to search near there........That can maybe give us an idea of more of a route he might have taken if the 2 men did something, or he tried to walk home from there and got hit or something.

Is it Another bar? This says that 2 men came to get him and he told someone they were his ride?

Kel.......

"Last seen walking toward a car that he called his ride with 2 men standing by the car.
Reports also say he was seen in the parking lot of Barnacles with these same 2 men.
IF YOU AS MUCH AS SPOKE to him that night please contact Gwinnett Police."

http://www.wildbillsatlanta.com/wildbillnew/pages/events3.html

somebody needs to speak up. there has be people who know something. maybe someone sold him drugs and there afraid to speak about where they saw him/who they saw him with in fear of getting themselves in trouble.

Barnacles is a bar/grill type thing. They're kinda like a sports bar in a way.

Original post location:
http://www.scangwinnett.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=162636

I want to thank everyone for their prayers and support. I want to thank the people who have been praying for Justin. Also those who have been looking for Justin and those coming out in the morning. The people that have dealt with the media for me. Set up a great website and contacted numerous site to put Justin on. I could not function with out all the help we have received. I have spent tonight reading this forum. I appreciate all the kind words you have. That means so much to me! Also thank you to all that have been hanging the flier for us. The ones who have brought meals over, and donated to Tim Millers Texas Search Team. To those Who have made 100's of fliers. The people who have donated to his funds. This all means so much to our family. God bless you all! If anyone know anything that might help find my son please contact the gwinnett Police at 770-513-5300 or 1-877-270-9500. I really need my baby Justin Gaines back!

There is a 50,000 reward for the safe return of my son.

Also a 10,000 reward for his where abouts.

There are 2 funds one:

REWARD DONATIONS: make your checks out to:
"THE JUSTIN GAINES SEARCH FUND"
and send them to:
c/o Michael Wilson
P.O. Box 1277
Lithonia, Ga 30058

The search fund in Ohio was set up so people can donate from Ohio to the JUSTIN GAINES SEARCH FUND. They are the same account, but to make it easier for people in Ohio to also help. That is where I was raised and Justin was born. To be used in helping find Justin. Also so his family in Ohio can come back and help us.

The other is
REWARD DONATIONS: make your checks out to:
"THE JUSTIN GAINES REWARD FUND"
and send them to:
c/o Michael Wilson
P.O. Box 1277
Lithonia, Ga 30058

This is to help with reward money to find our son.
Both these accounts are set up at the Peoples Bank in Lithonia. We have them sent there since his father works right by the post office and people bank there. It has been The Wilson's family bank for years and Brenda at that bank was a great help setting this up for us.

I guess i may see some of you in a few hours. Once again Thank you all so much!

Erika and Steven Wilson

I hope it's okay that I brought this here. Mods, please speak up if it isn't. :)

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/gwinnett/stories/2007/11/15/missing_1116.html

Another day of searching Thursday yielded no answers for the family of missing college student Justin Gaines.

A turnout of 27 volunteers disappointed relatives and members of a nonprofit search-and-rescue team, Texas EquuSearch, but searches remained optimistic.

Volunteers fan out Thursday in the Duluth area to look for any trace of Justin Gaines, an 18-year-old college student who vanished two weeks ago.

If they turn up nothing by dusk, they said, they plan to suspend operations at night and resume beating the bushes Friday.

"We've had a lot of success in the past," Texas Equusearch founder Tim Wilson said. "Of course, every day that goes by, we get more and more concerned."

more at link

I'm so worried about Justin. It got down below 28 degrees last night. His mother must be about to come out of her skin.

Why only 27 volunteers????? That must have been so sad for his family. There were hundreds for Kelsey Smith & Jessie Davis. Is it just because hes a guy and was out drinking?

With the current drought in GA, I don't think there are many bodies of water capable of "hiding" a body. I say "hiding" because it doesn't take much in which to drown. :(
Yes, I'm sorry but I couldn't help chuckling a little bit because I live in Southeast TN and we have had drought conditions also. Fortunately, it did rain the other day, but not enough to begin to fill up the creeks and ponds.

Where did they search in Duluth? Fields and roadsides? Or did they knock on doors, too? It's probably hard to know where to begin.

Thinking like a college student, if he couldn't get a ride, then he probably started walking, but in which direction? Did he know anyone who lived close by? Would he cut through some woods? So many questions. . .

Yes, I'm sorry but I couldn't help chuckling a little bit because I live in Southeast TN and we have had drought conditions also. Fortunately, it did rain the other day, but not enough to begin to fill up the creeks and ponds.

Where did they search in Duluth? Fields and roadsides? Or did they knock on doors, too? It's probably hard to know where to begin.

Thinking like a college student, if he couldn't get a ride, then he probably started walking, but in which direction? Did he know anyone who lived close by? Would he cut through some woods? So many questions. . .

Very sad. On Greta the other night (Tuesday???) they interviewed someone from the sherriff's dept. (I think...my memory is failing me) and they said LE wasn't even participating in the searches yet b/c they had

1) no evidence of foul play and

2) no idea where to start looking.

I guess you have to be female for LE to start looking for you.

He's been gone for 16 days. It is getting below freezing here at night. All he was wearing was a light sweatshirt and jeans with a rip in them. He had his phone that is dead, some cash (maybe) and a fake ID on him. If someone gave him a ride innocently, wouldn't they have come forward by now???

Where is he???

When there's an altercation at a bar and one of the people involved in the altercation goes missing...that IMO is definitely sufficient cause for LE to get involved.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrueCrimeJunkieCory
Back