GA GA - Justin Gaines, 19, Duluth, 2 Nov 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
cant he please be found!! i wish i lived there. id go search alll day!

Hoping for some great news soon from Atlanta! It sure would be a great Thanksgiving present for Justin's mom if she could have some answers! Please come forward if you know anything at all!

I would go search everyday too. its such a shame. i feel like cops arent doing much.

Maybe Justin's family needs to talk with Brian Shaffer's dad, Randy Shaffer. He is, unfortunately, very effective at keeping the momentum with his son's case. I think he posted his name and number on Kyle F's guestbook. And there is always the media...maybe someone on Justin's side needs to start up a massive media campaign just to keep things going. Kyle's facebook has a lot of media contact info. Justin's mom will need to find the Beth Holloway Twitty in her!

I checked Justin's web page today and noticed that they added a section that asked if anyone knows anything about Justin gambling, the detectives need to know.....hmmmm. Also, there is a $50,000.00 reward being offered on his page for info that leads to him. I wonder if the family has reason to think that Justin has some gamblng debts that he didn't pay...

Two things strike me as a bit odd about this case. He didn't take his wallet with him, although he did take his driver's license and some cash. Maybe that is common practice among young party-goers today, but for a guy to leave his wallet behind just strikes me as odd. The second thing that is a bit "off" to me, is that he had recently arrived home from college and he goes out with his friends Thursday night, but isn't reported missing until after midnight on Sunday.....in other words, early Monday morning. Maybe it wasn't unusual for this guy to take off with his friends, but I would freak out if my child went out on Thursday, and I didn't see or hear from him/her on Friday, Saturday, or all day Sunday! Here is a link that I also posted over at Steve's site to a forum where local people are discussing the case:

http://tinyurl.com/2cf32n

A lot of the time when the younger crowd goes out, they tend to bring just essentials (cell phone, id, cash). If he was wearing jeans that were fit (not baggy) a wallet would be bulky. An id and cash would just slip into a pocket. I really hope they find him, my prayers for his family..

Soldiers Search For Missing Teen

Members of the Georgia State Defense Force helped in the search for Justin Gaines.

http://www.11alive.com/news/article_news.aspx?storyid=106972&provider=top

Members of the Georgia State Defense Force poured over a map Saturday morning before dividing their soldiers into search teams.

Their mission--to try to find clues to the whereabouts of Justin Gaines, 18, a college student from Gwinnett County who's been missing for three weeks.

"I'm happy to see all these people and overwhelmed by the numbers that showed," said Justin's stepfather Steve Wilson.

At sunrise, 135 soldiers with the Georgia State Defense Force gathered at Berkmar United Methodist Church, which served as the search staging area.

The soldiers are part of an unpaid, volunteer force, and they have the training and experience needed to cover a lot of ground.

And the parents are expressing frustration about the friends who won't make statements to the police:

"They're supposed to be close friends, so why wouldn't they come forward to take a couple of hours and go to the police station to give a statement," said Wilson. "Doesn't make sense to me."

Isn't there any way LE can make the "friends" talk? Can't they get them for potentially obstructing the case with their refusal?

Is the FBI involved in Justin's case? I have read so much, I can't remember!

I'm still praying that Justin will be found.
The news about a possible gambling debt isn't good. In a friend of a friend type thing, someone became addicted to gambling on the internet. He lost thousands of dollars in 3 months. He was and still is totally addicted to gambling. He so far has sold his home and moved back in with his parents. He's only 27 years old.

Is the FBI involved in Justin's case? I have read so much, I can't remember!
I don't think they would get involved unless they thought it was a kidnapping across state lines. This happened right in the middle of Georgia.

I'm not sure if someone has posted this already, but it's a forum in Gwinnett County about Justin. Looks like they are already having trouble with spammers and hijackings, but some information might show up there:

http://www.scangwinnett.com/modules...c&t=12177&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=1650

The news reported this morning that there was a "new" development in Justin's case and reported that he was arrested for underage drinking back in June. I was kind of upset to see that on the news....certainly the police don't have him. And whoever is responsible for his disappearance didn't take him based on that. I guess I was just upset because the media, hopefully accidentally, can portray him as a "bad kid." The fact is, he is someone's missing child. And I said it...child. Even though he is legally and adult, I still consider him just a child.

Yeah, here is the story about the Drinking Underage charge. I don't see that this has anything to do with his disappearance. Lots of teenagers drink or get stopped by the cops, but the vast majority don't walk off into the night and disappear. It's a shame that this boy was having problems and his parents didn't even know, but that can happen too.

http://www.cbs46.com/news/14697360/detail.html

According to Athens-Clarke County police, Justin Gaines, 18, was arrested June 21, after an officer found an open bottle of vodka in Gaines’ car. According to the report, the arresting officer found Gaines passed out in his car. “Have you been drinking?” the officer asked. Gaines said no, according to the report.

After being asked whether he would take a Breathalyzer test, Gaines said “Yes, I’ll do anything,” according to the report.

The report said Gaines blew a .11 blood alcohol level, well above the state limit of .08 percent. Gaines was charged with second-degree forgery for a fake ID, possession of alcohol by a minor and open container.

Gaines had a court hearing scheduled for Nov. 16, but failed to show up.

Gaines disappeared on Nov. 2. He was last seen at Wild Bill's nightclub in Duluth.

CBS 46 talked with Gaines’ stepfather, Steven Wilson, Monday. He said he was not aware of the charges before Gaines disappeared.

But Wilson said he does not believe Gaines’ disappearance is related to the charges.

Yeah, here is the story about the Drinking Underage charge. I don't see that this has anything to do with his disappearance. Lots of teenagers drink or get stopped by the cops, but the vast majority don't walk off into the night and disappear. It's a shame that this boy was having problems and his parents didn't even know, but that can happen too.

http://www.cbs46.com/news/14697360/detail.html

I feel bad for his mom that his mugshot is being shown. Thanks for the link! I have to think that Justin would have loved to make it to his court appearance vs what had happened to him. Teens these days are very high maintenance (I have an 18 yr old daughter), and I know that it would be pretty unlikely that he would be able to sustain himself this long without money/support from his parents. My point is, I would think he would call home to get money if nothing else! So sad.

I feel bad for his mom that his mugshot is being shown. Thanks for the link! I have to think that Justin would have loved to make it to his court appearance vs what had happened to him. Teens these days are very high maintenance (I have an 18 yr old daughter), and I know that it would be pretty unlikely that he would be able to sustain himself this long without money/support from his parents. My point is, I would think he would call home to get money if nothing else! So sad.

I agree - I have a 20-yr-old daughter, and a 17-yr-old son, so I know exactly what you mean. That's why I'm so interested in this - from his Facebook he just seems like an ordinary young man, and not someone likely to just disappear. So it really is sad, and I wish his friends would come forward if they know something. But college students can have strange ideas and might be worried about getting into trouble themselves. Surely the police will find some way to make them talk.

Its sad that sometimes your "friends" will not help you in some way in fear of getting trouble. I dont understand...get a small charge/fine or attend a friends funeral?

I feel like someone will "eventually" talk. Since we know this age group well, I think it's safe to say they aren't experts at being discreet yet. It's really hard to keep a secret, so hopefully they will break soon! I can't beleive the police haven't tried separating the "friends" and getting some facts out of them. I think if I even had 30 minutes with the "friends" I could get them to talk. How about separating them and then telling them that the other friends are telling a lot of information and get them all spilling what they know based on a little white lie. Is that confusing? lol
Anyways, the point is that the police are supposed to have TACTICS...so they should use them! If I were Justin's mom, I would be in their presence DAILY.(the police)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhoDunnit2020
Back