GA - Katherine Janness, 40, fatally stabbed and dog killed, Piedmont Park, Atlanta, 28 Jul 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I don't know. She seemed over killed. No witnesses? That quick? Kill a woman, and a dog?

Why doesn't LEO at least release what they do know about the killer? If they have any DNA, they would at least have gender, race.

Sorry for my ignorance on how to use the functions on this forum but I wholeheartedly agree with SleepyLabRat. I do not believe EC was involved with the murder. It's been sickening and disheartening to read the absolute garbage people are saying on Twitter. This is such a sad and horrible crime. I truly hope the killer is caught soon.. I fear walking with my dog now even more than I did before.

This case is exhausting and just when you think you have a theory new information comes to light. I want some DNA
Preferably the person that committed this horrific crime. I fear that now Katie is her autopsy. So much focus on the gore and publicly discussing very private details of her person and body makes me uncomfortable. I pray for an arrest soon and justice for her and her pup.

One thing about the autopsy report that gives me hope is the injuries to her hands.It sounds like she fought so hopefully she was able to scratch this monster and get some DNA.

One thing about the autopsy report that gives me hope is the injuries to her hands.It sounds like she fought so hopefully she was able to scratch this monster and get some DNA.
If that were the case, wouldn't they be able to rule her partner out? Honestly though, I don't think it's the partner either but someone who knew the park layout well. Otherwise how did this person manage to escape cameras and other people?

With apologies if this has already been discussed.... she had just been at the restaurant where her partner worked, right? Could it have been another person working in the restaurant who would have followed her out and knew where she was going? Has the knife (or whatever was used) been found? Restaurants have lots of knives. JMOO

When I was at PP last week walking my dog during broad daylight, I was walking inside the park along 10th, and steps away from the crime scene, a man passing the opposite direction on the sidewalk along 10th stopped me and said "What a beautiful dog!" Then proceeded to come up the hill at me and ask me what breed she was. I answered and then said "have a nice day." He got a look on his face then turned back to the sidewalk and kept walking. Now, this man could have very well been hitting on me. However, what IF this was the ruse used to knock Katie off her guard? Maybe the perp visits the park daily and practices his ruse by telling women with dogs "What a beautiful dog" and tries starting a conversation with them. I believe the perp knows the park inside and out. Spends a lot of time there. Knows where all the cameras are. Approaches women regularly building his confidence and approach then flipped the switch that night.

When I was at PP last week walking my dog during broad daylight, I was walking inside the park along 10th, and steps away from the crime scene, a man passing the opposite direction on the sidewalk along 10th stopped me and said "What a beautiful dog!" Then proceeded to come up the hill at me and ask me what breed she was. I answered and then said "have a nice day." He got a look on his face then turned back to the sidewalk and kept walking. Now, this man could have very well been hitting on me. However, what IF this was the ruse used to knock Katie off her guard? Maybe the perp visits the park daily and practices his ruse by telling women with dogs "What a beautiful dog" and tries starting a conversation with them. I believe the perp knows the park inside and out. Spends a lot of time there. Knows where all the cameras are. Approaches women regularly building his confidence and approach then flipped the switch that night.
Welcome to Ws ElectricZZ, very creepy scenario because it is a plausible one, imo,!

Last edited:
If that were the case, wouldn't they be able to rule her partner out? Honestly though, I don't think it's the partner either but someone who knew the park layout well. Otherwise how did this person manage to escape cameras and other people?
Everyone in Atlanta and its suburbs knows the park layout pretty well, so that won't narrow it down at all.
I doubt that was a ruse. I can't remember a single time I've walked my dog at PP and not had at least 5 people approach me to check out my dog.

Definitely could be. ALWAYS trust your gut. I've learned that the hard way.

One very weird thing in the report: there were 14 stab wounds on her BACK near and around a "multicolored tattoo". Did the killer turn her over afterwards to do this? And why? And how did the killer know this tattoo was there?

I would quote the actual wording, but I don't want to go back and read that report to find it. The way it was worded sounded like the killer was trying to destroy the tattoo.

JMO

I am not going to read the autopsy report myself as the details I've read already are upsetting enough, but this seems like it could be really crucial to solving the case if it those wounds were indeed directed towards the tattoo. It seems like the killer would have to be someone who knew her very intimately if that were the case.

Regarding how extensive the injuries were, have police said if they are sure that the park was the scene of the crime, or were Katie and Bowie possibly moved there? The mind boggles that something like this could have happened out in the open without anyone seeing or hearing anything as it happened. Though it seems equally (if not more) implausible that someone could have moved them there and escaped notice, either.

Praying every day for justice for Katie and Bowie. This case is so terribly horrific and sad.

Autopsy report for Atlanta woman released after she and her dog were killed over the summer | Daily Mail Online

"The grisly stabbing of an Atlanta woman found in a park last summer with the letters 'F'-'A'-'T' carved into her torso has finally been declared a homicide as local and federal investigators remain no closer to finding her killer.

Katherine 'Katie' Janness, 40, was stabbed more than 50 times with her throat cut and her body mutilated while walking her dog in Piedmont Park on July 28. The dog was also killed in the vicious attack.

The Medical Examiner's Office ruled Janness's death a homicide on Friday, ruling she died from 'sharp force injuries of her face, neck, and torso that caused injuries of major blood vessels and internal organs.'

The Atlanta Police Department and the FBI, which was brought in to help investigate the brutal murder, continue to search for clues and are offering a $10,000 reward for information on the case."

OMG! That definitely makes sense!!!! Please be careful out there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member